FTA-TV Race Across the World/TAR thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I've always said I'd do it with my Mum as she is obsessed with the US version and I love travelling.
As soon as her health issues are behind her I think I might apply. Didn't get to use the cancer card to get grand final tickets so maybe it can get me on tv

I've always said I'd do it with my Mum as she is obsessed with the US version and I love travelling.
As soon as her health issues are behind her I think I might apply. Didn't get to use the cancer card to get grand final tickets so maybe it can get me on tv
I've already mentioned this somewhere on BF, but my nephew(my sister's son) and I wanted to apply for the Family Edition back in about 2005. We had it all worked out that my brother would be #3 and that his wife could be #4. However, neither my nephew nor myself believed that we could live with my sister-in-law for any length of time without possibly killing her.

Pretty sure the show will give you one.

Look at the current contestants on Australian Amazing Race for all teams. The backpacks are exactly the same make and model.
But that's no fun. I was going to get Shell a personalised one for Christmas:

Funny story about nuns. When i moved to qld my ex wife and i had to fond a rental for 6-7 months while house was being built.
competition was tough. Like 10 groups at most home opens.
went to one house tho and only 4 other groups, but one was a pair of nuns. I said lets not bother, the nuns will get it. No one beats nuns. Easy option for owners.

so we didnt apply. Few weeks later went by the house and nuns were moving in.

Haven't had a chance to read all the comments but I'm pretty sure this is the MOST politically correct cast I've ever seen on a TV show. Short of some Transgender competitors, they pretty much have every minority group covered here. Its a bit too contrived for my liking.
Yep, s**t casting.
Gen Z suck balls, can't do anything for themselves without Siri or Google.
Host is awful.
Produced pretty well overall, but I'm pretty sure I've seen dumpling making and cup stacking challenges in previous seasons.

*I may or may not be holding a grudge because they rejected my application.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder what comeuppance the team who stole the dumpling off the nuns will get from the man upstairs in future episodes.

Struck by lightning? Swarmed by a plague of locusts? Turned into a pillar of salt?

Wonder what comeuppance the team who stole the dumpling off the nuns will get from the man upstairs in future episodes.

Struck by lightning? Swarmed by a plague of locusts? Turned into a pillar of salt?
Should've been a 2hr penalty for a start. I remember one team on the US version got a penalty for taking out another team's bag from their taxis to put their own.

Should've been a 2hr penalty for a start. I remember one team on the US version got a penalty for taking out another team's bag from their taxis to put their own.

Probably could've got a 24 hour penalty and still beat the Greeks home. :p

Thats my point. This guy is soooo bad that rove would be better
So it would go from a 1/10 to a 2/10 host.
I dont like rove

The last show Rove hosted on Ch10 got axed after just a couple of episodes so not sure he would have been any better.

I had never really watched Rove until his show this year. I wasn't in the country when he became popular, though I did know about his try on US TV and I saw him on Jay Leno a couple of times I think. So I watched his show with a rather open mind. It closed shut after about twenty minutes of watching his new show. I remember some really losing shows here in the 70s and 80s, but that was probably the worst I've seen. RIP

Just got home in time to catch the arvo repeat. Beau needs to stop the hugging. Too overly familiar.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He did not appear to hug the Muslim women. Perhaps he was told not to because of custom. I don't know. I'd prefer to think that he tried and they socked him in the face and it was edited out. :p He also was not shown hugging the next couple to come in. I can't remember which team it was.

Perhaps this could be posted at every pitstop:

The problem is that the episodes have already been recorded lol.
Maybe they can edit out every time he makes the move in future episodes? ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back