Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Sep 16, 2016
I have no idea
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Quite a few
Oh I'm not any better. But it might be worth getting some of your mates to try set you up with their female friends :)
This is basically where the core of my problem lies :( i have basically zero commumication and social skills - subsequently i absolutely suck at talking to people (and when i'm in social situations i basically never talk). Thus why i spend far too much time on places such as reddit and here - at least here you can take your time to think of a good response to something.

I feel like a ******* narcissist talking about things online and hoping for a response

God im such a ******* mess

This is basically where the core of my problem lies :( i have basically zero commumication and social skills - subsequently i absolutely suck at talking to people (and when i'm in social situations i basically never talk). Thus why i spend far too much time on places such as reddit and here - at least here you can take your time to think of a good response to something.

I feel like a ******* narcissist talking about things online and hoping for a response

Get down to your local footy club, plenty of people from different walks of life and it's a much easier way to connect as you can take it slow, weekly and have a common bond

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Thoughts on your partner potentially going for a different footy team than you?

It would be far from a deal breaker to me, I imagine it would be alright as it's something competitive between the two of us. Could cause issues down the line however, when the kids start coming who goes for who?

I can imagine for some die-hard supporters this would be their number one priority.

Anyway, looking at a lass right now and she goes for the Hawks, but her brother is a jumper collector like myself so I reckon just go in for the kill

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

Don't beat yourself up mate, we all have trouble with it sometimes. Just keep building upon you skills and your time will come without a doubt. Let us know if you need to chat and we'll be here for ya brother.

It would be far from a deal breaker to me, I imagine it would be alright as it's something competitive between the two of us. Could cause issues down the line however, when the kids start coming who goes for who?

I can imagine for some die-hard supporters this would be their number one priority.

Anyway, looking at a lass right now and she goes for the Hawks, but her brother is a jumper collector like myself so I reckon just go in for the kill

For mine, there's two ways to look at it. If you and your partner go for the same team, it can become a ritual and it will be great fun to head to the matches together and sit together. There'll be healthy debate about the team, and you can raise your kids as fans of the team. And if your team wins, you'll both be in a good mood (if you get where I'm going...)

On the other hand, if you go for different teams, there'll be plenty of friendly competition, and the banter can be great early on when you're breaking the ice and getting to know each other. The conversations can become more AFL-based rather than team based, too, which means there's more room for discussion. However, arguments may ensue about which team your kids should go for, what matches you can attend, and you'll have to hope two teams win in a weekend, rather than one (again, if you get where I'm going...)

Personally, I'd love if whoever I end up marrying (hopefully I end up marrying a nice girl) is a Cats fan, I'd love to head to the games with her. It would guarantee my kids will be Cats fans (but I have a plan to take care of that anyway) and we can decorate the house with Geelong memorabilia. If there was a girl I loved in every way except she went for another team, then I reckon I could make it work though

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix

Date her, * her and then * her brother on your jumper collections. True love.
Go for it, don't worry about kids yet dude. They'll go for whoever's winning anyway (probably Carlton hey?) :D

From a personal experience, somehow I've always dated Port supporters (with varying levels of passion for footy) so it's getting ridiculous now! And they haven't worked out, so... I sense a theme there.

You’d be absolutely taking the piss if you decided not to date a girl based off of her footy team.

You’d be absolutely taking the piss if you decided not to date a girl based off of her footy team.
What about if they barrack for another KFC T20 Big Bash League team? I’d assume that crosses the line.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I think you'd be right in that assumption
maxresdefault.jpg

My GF is a massive crows fan (as is hee family) and we met not long after the GF
She take a it better than perhaps I would (talk of the GF) but otherwise we can enjoy going to games together

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory

Mate, if I limited myself to only dating Crows fans living in Geelong, I'd be very lonely.

I'm married to a Cats fan. Its honestly fine. She's not a total diehard which probably makes it easier (generally speaking I'd watch more Geelong games as a neutral than she would as an actual fan). Unfortunately, given we live in Geelong and met after 2003, we've never actually been to a live game where the Crows have won. She came with me to Adelaide for the 2017 Prelim but she stayed in the hotel and watched on TV while I went to the game.

But seriously, don't overthink it. Its really not that big a deal. Just remember when your teams play each other to be humble in victory and gracious in defeat and you won't be sleeping on the couch :)

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
A bit of a subject change but what was going on last night in the Big Bash? Strikers bowled out for 88 o_O
Even weirder was it took the Scorchers 18 overs to reach that target

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
A bit of a subject change but what was going on last night in the Big Bash? Strikers bowled out for 88 o_O
You have to say test cricket > what was served up yesterday.

Jul 3, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Pittsburgh Penguins
A win's a win. Rashid went for 0/9 off his four, they were just trying to play him out and ease to the total. He's such a damaging player that it was probably better for us to just play defensive rather than play risky and possibly lose quick wickets just like they did.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
A win's a win. Rashid went for 0/9 off his four, they were just trying to play him out and ease to the total. He's such a damaging player that it was probably better for us to just play defensive rather than play risky and possibly lose quick wickets just like they did.
Yeah that's true but if you smashed that total out wouldn't that help your NRR?

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Rashid is too dangerous. If they went after him he would have gotten a bunch of them out, I thought it was perfectly played by the Scorchers. Guarantee that win. The Strikers have a bunch of solid wicket takers.

Scorchers played the game perfectly, IMO. Lacking a fair bit of batting firepower that we've had in previous seasons, and those who do normally provide are either not playing or out of form, so might be the way to go this season is to capitalise on a (finally) fit bowling line-up of Coulter-Nile, Richardson, Behrendorff and Tye.

Jul 3, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Pittsburgh Penguins
Yeah that's true but if you smashed that total out wouldn't that help your NRR?
It would, but to be honest with our batting, I'd rather us just play it safe and take the two points.

I know it's only BB-bloody-L but could the commentary team focus on the bloody game?

Who's commentary are you watching? I've got it on Fox and it's very average tonight. Brendan Julian, Chris Lynn and Brett Lee. Way to make the BBL a snooze fest

Back