Play Nice Random Chat Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever watched last season of MAFS, I just asked Rusty (the dan andrews V2) if we could get married and hehe he said yes 🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪

Yeah exactly.

Why when you think of 9/11 and conspiracies do you not think of the obvious one - the Al Queda one that resulted in the attacks?

The conspiracy to cause the WTC plane crashes was obvious, because they claimed credit for doing it. They didn't claim credit for blowing up WTC 7. The conspiracy theories as to why WTC 7 fell over were a bit more outlandish.

There is an association in your mind between 9/11 and all sorts of crazy conspiracies most of which are outright bullshit, not the obvious, true one. I find that interesting.

Because we don't generally call it a conspiracy, even though it was. The word has multiple meanings and it has to be used or understood in context, when I said I don't believe in the 9/11 conspiracies, was referring in relation to WTC 7 (the subject we were talking about). Unless there is something I missed, Al Qaeda didn't claim credit for WTC 7. It just burnt down as a bi-product of hitting WTC 1 and 2. Quite a few buildings were damaged, some beyond repair as a result.

The fascinating thing with WTC 7 was despite the damage from falling debris, the entire build lost it's structural integrity, after it was on fire for about 7 hours. It falling over as a result of the fire is the part that some people find a bit hard to swallow. That is the only part of the story I find of interest. If you think it keeled over due to another terrorist attack then sure, but nobody claimed credit for it if they did.

The conspiracy to cause the WTC plane crashes was obvious, because they claimed credit for doing it. They didn't claim credit for blowing up WTC 7. The conspiracy theories as to why WTC 7 fell over were a bit more outlandish.

Because we don't generally call it a conspiracy, even though it was. The word has multiple meanings and it has to be used or understood in context, when I said I don't believe in the 9/11 conspiracies, was referring in relation to WTC 7 (the subject we were talking about). Unless there is something I missed, Al Qaeda didn't claim credit for WTC 7. It just burnt down as a bi-product of hitting WTC 1 and 2. Quite a few buildings were damaged, some beyond repair as a result.

The fascinating thing with WTC 7 was despite the damage from falling debris, the entire build lost it's structural integrity, after it was on fire for about 7 hours. It falling over as a result of the fire is the part that some people find a bit hard to swallow. That is the only part of the story I find of interest. If you think it keeled over due to another terrorist attack then sure, but nobody claimed credit for it if they did.
Who is we?

Conspiracy has a specific meaning btw. It doesn't mean fruit market or high pressure sale in another context.

The only conspiracy theories I'm aware of wrt wtc 7 are Larry Silverstein's alleged comments and the allegations that it was a controlled demolition by those engineers I think you are referring to.

Who is we?

Conspiracy has a specific meaning btw. It doesn't mean fruit market or high pressure sale in another context.

The only conspiracy theories I'm aware of wrt wtc 7 are Larry Silverstein's alleged comments and the allegations that it was a controlled demolition by those engineers I think you are referring to.

Man, conversations with you go around in circles more than Tef...

Intothewind

Team Captain
Jan 1, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Interview with John Howard reflecting on September 11, where he casually admits Australia's reason for war in Afghanistan was exactly the same as why we were in Vietnam...

Mr Howard has said sending troops into combat isn't a decision he regrets, and that it demonstrated Australia's commitment as a loyal ally; something he believes young Australians are still seeing the benefits of.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Interview with John Howard reflecting on September 11, where he casually admits Australia's reason for war in Afghanistan was exactly the same as why we were in Vietnam...

Mr Howard has said sending troops into combat isn't a decision he regrets, and that it demonstrated Australia's commitment as a loyal ally; something he believes young Australians are still seeing the benefits of.

same bloke also reckoned that same sex marriage would "threaten the survival of the species".

Man, conversations with you go around in circles more than Tef...

You said "we" refer to conspiracy to mean a whole lot of other things. You might. I don't. Its got one meaning. The term "conspiracy theory" has another meaning and is used to discredit and disregard ideas that may be challenging or question consensus. Its basically used instead of the term "heresy" these days.

I find it interesting that you refer to the conspiracy theories associated with 9/11 by saying they are "conspiracies"

You are the one who keeps going on about building 7. That's why we keep going round in circles. You say you don't believe in conspiracies regarding building 7 but you keep making the same points AE911T people do. If you could clarify that then perhaps we wouldn't be going round in circles.

I don't believe in the conspiracies, I think it is more likely that it was poorly constructed. If it was built properly and the events happened as they described in the official report, it may very well had burnt out but it should still have remained standing. It is the first ever steel skyscraper to collapse to a fire.

That is what you said upthread. The twin towers collapsed before building 7. They were steel framed skyscrapers built around a steel and concrete core. So they were the first steel skyscrapers to collapse due to fire (assuming they were. I dunno about that but it seems a fair assumption,) because they fell before building 7.

Again we are going round in circles cos I'm not clear what you are actually saying, or you are getting stuff wrong. Like the way you confused a Bruce Willis movie about terrorism in NYC covering for a Gold heist with 9/11.

Last edited:

Howard was in Washington that day. No doubt he took the whole thing way too personally. I remember him saying wtte of what he says in that interview years ago. That we went along as loyal lickspittles in Afghanistan and Iraq basically. Loyal allies mean s**t to the US, look at the Kurds or the people that supported them (and us) in Afghanistan. The US doesn't have friends, it has interests.

Ian Thorpe nearly died in the attack. For some reason or other something stopped him from making his planned visit to the towers that day. Imagine how angry we'd have been as a nation if he had, a year after the Sydney Olympics?

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Loyal allies mean sh*t to the US, look at the Kurds or the people that supported them (and us) in Afghanistan. The US doesn't have friends, it has interests.
you got that right, look how quick they are mobilizing to pick up the Wine, cotton and Coal exports to china after they banned us.

Y’all I need some advice.

So I was supposed to have a job interview for a new store opening up in my area last Thursday, the guy had to cancel because something came up and he said he will reschedule me for another time next week (this week). So I sent him an email yesterday for a follow up and I haven’t received an email back :(( what do I doooooo

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

So I was supposed to have a job interview for a new store opening up in my area last Thursday, the guy had to cancel because something came up and he said he will reschedule me for another time next week (this week). So I sent him an email yesterday for a follow up and I haven’t received an email back :(( what do I doooooo

It’s a hard time to find a job right now. Most industries are struggling. Construction at 25% so workers are asked to take annual leave or unpaid leave, retail is struggling and was barely hanging in there with online shopping before this, hospitality is hanging on by a thread. Sorry Ligs but it’s tough. If you’re just wanting a job to get through (cause I think you’re at uni) I reckon maybe supermarkets could be worth a shot because they’re getting smashed. Times like this you sort of need an in with someone you know, because at the moment the old saying, “it’s not what you know but who you know” is king.

It’s a hard time to find a job right now. Most industries are struggling. Construction at 25% so workers are asked to take annual leave or unpaid leave, retail is struggling and was barely hanging in there with online shopping before this, hospitality is hanging on by a thread. Sorry Ligs but it’s tough. If you’re just wanting a job to get through (cause I think you’re at uni) I reckon maybe supermarkets could be worth a shot because they’re getting smashed. Times like this you sort of need an in with someone you know, because at the moment the old saying, “it’s not what you know but who you know” is king.
Ohh yeah thanks 😭 I’ve applied to a lot, I’ll text a few friends I know

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne

What do you do?

Move to the country, it's better here.

Or

Hang in there, keep trying and don't take things personally if you miss out. It's more a reflection of the times, not that you're not capable.

What do you do?

Move to the country, it's better here.

Or

Hang in there, keep trying and don't take things personally if you miss out. It's more a reflection of the times, not that you're not capable.
Thanks spooder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back