Play Nice Random Chat Thread VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Vale father bob.

Iam not a religious person but the good work bob did was clearly evedent to all. The benificaries also were not limited to the Faithfull which caused him trouble with his superiors.

I also used to very much enjoy his work with john safron.
Always enjoyed his stuff with Safran but would just enjoy his interviews in general
RIP Father Bob

One of my sons works for Big Ant , if anyone has the qualifications they should go for it. Seems like a great place to work. Lots of perks including access to a box at the MCG , if only North played more games there.
long way from Poochera to the G.

Vale father bob.

Iam not a religious person but the good work bob did was clearly evedent to all. The benificaries also were not limited to the Faithfull which caused him trouble with his superiors.

I also used to very much enjoy his work with john safron.
We definitely lost a great human being. One of the very few religious leaders that practiced what was preached.
The ‘cobberwealth’ is all the poorer for his passing. RIP great man!

I haven't posted about my son in a long time. He's doing well, in fact he's now off the NDIS because the physio says he's caught up and he's no longer behind. In the last 2 days his walking has gone from 3-4 stuttering steps to charging around the house 20-25 steps at a time. I probably won't post about him again, but thank you to everyone who listened and supported during a very tough time for me. It sounds a little silly, but the support genuinely did help.

I haven't posted about my son in a long time. He's doing well, in fact he's now off the NDIS because the physio says he's caught up and he's no longer behind. In the last 2 days his walking has gone from 3-4 stuttering steps to charging around the house 20-25 steps at a time. I probably won't post about him again, but thank you to everyone who listened and supported during a very tough time for me. It sounds a little silly, but the support genuinely did help.
That’s awesome news mate, so happy for you and the fam.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

far from silly, i can only imagine its an enormous relief.

We definitely lost a great human being. One of the very few religious leaders that practiced what was preached.
The ‘cobberwealth’ is all the poorer for his passing. RIP great man!
Funny you call him a religious leader and yet he was just a local parish priest, the very bottom of the official Catholic heirarchy (priests are like managers at McDonalds in terms of authority in their organisation,) who was often at odds with the people in charge.

That makes me think two things - firstly how much respect he earned and what a quality person he was. Cos he did show great leadership. He led by example and had great integrity. Cos he's obviously a religious leader despite his official rank.

What an indictment it is on so much other religious leadership that they can't follow his example.

Awesome!
Do you publish your recipes on BrewersFriend, HomeBrewTalk, or the like?
Not really as most of what i brew is adapted from recipes i learned with from ahb group. The brew in question impressed the group with its simplicity. Happy to pm to anyone though. Basicaly a summer ale from steeped crystal malt, light malt extract, some late hopping and us05 yeast. And thats it.

I can link ians spreasheet its a fantastic tool for tweaking your recipes.

I remember he wanted to sell some surplus land the church had in gis diocese to help the needy, the brass shut him down .
Yeah, just shows he has his priorities all wrong. The Catholic Church has one of the biggest land portfolios on the planet. They didn't get all that by giving it away to help people.

Not really as most of what i brew is adapted from recipes i learned with from ahb group. The brew in question impressed the group with its simplicity. Happy to pm to anyone though. Basicaly a summer ale from steeped crystal malt, light malt extract, some late hopping and us05 yeast. And thats it.

I can link ians spreasheet its a fantastic tool for tweaking your recipes.

Sweet! Yeah hit me up with recipes anytime mate. I haven’t brewed for months, need some inspo.

Flicked on the tele, landed on the bum sniffers on 502, then flicked to the footy on 504 .... went round the grounds a bit, landed on 515 ... Man Utd tv - All the goals, Andrei Kanchelskis. Super super awesome winger, scored some absolute crackers in an era brimming with fantastic wingers. And, my favourite Ukranian alongside Sergei Bubka :cool:

Vale bazza Humphries, sir les and edna...

Possibly an opening for iub to take on the now vacated role of our cultural atache?
Nothing like him will ever happen again, for better or worse
Lovely man though, gave his all to us “possums”

Vale bazza Humphries, sir les and edna...

Possibly an opening for iub to take on the now vacated role of our cultural atache?
When I was a more lively young man, myself and my gf at the time went to see Les Patterson saves the world. Anyway, I managed to see the beginning of the movie and was thrown out not long after as my gf was a little less interested in the movie and more interested in a little oral magnificence. Neither of us saw the staff member coming, so to speak. Still my favourite movie! :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back