Play Nice Random Chat Thread VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Just on rich powerful people, old mate Rupert Murdoch has finally called it.
A photo of the handover discussion:
main-qimg-76b438d2ecd75e80f65edf60bbcbe56f-lq

Just on rich powerful people, old mate Rupert Murdoch has finally called it.
Remaining chairman emeritus and will continue to provide advice and counsel to his heir. If he doesn't continue pulling the strings behind the scenes I'll go he. It's a reverse Tony Soprano/Uncle Junior situation

Remaining chairman emeritus and will continue to provide advice and counsel to his heir. If he doesn't continue pulling the strings behind the scenes I'll go he. It's a reverse Tony Soprano/Uncle Junior situation

100%. Exactly what I thought. There’s no way he completely hands over the reins, he wouldn’t be able to do it.

If you haven’t listened to it already, you should check out the podcast Murdoch v Murdoch. It can be a bit repetitive but I found it interesting because I always wondered how he stayed out of the public eye despite playing such a huge role in shaping countries.

By your own standard, those people are innocent until proven guilty....

True. Though there is a difference. Epstein was charged with sex trafficking underage girls and when he decided to cooperate he was suicided (now known as Epsteind), Maxwell was charged and found guilty.

Their clients should be investigated. They have the flight logs, Epstein’s mansion was full of cameras, so yeah I’d like to see something done.

How can someone be guilty of sex trafficking if his clients are innocent?

Especially given he knows Lachlan is an idiot.

The second Rupert carks it, Lachlan is getting the boot and the instos break the thing up and sell it off for parts.

Only sad part about that is that in the deal the only bit Lachlan gets to keep is most likely the Aussie papers nobody in New York or London cares about

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is everything that’s wrong with modern political discourse, not something to celebrate. “You vote a different way to me? Well you’re killing school kids!”
I think with context that's not exactly what he's saying, and musk certainly isn't free of behaving in the same way-

Walter Isaacson’s new Elon Musk biography reveals an alleged altercation between the Twitter/X owner and comedian Larry David that took place at Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel’s wedding last year in Saint-Tropez, France. The event took place just a few days after the mass shooting in Uvalde, Texas, in which 19 children and two teachers were killed. David and Musk were seated at the same wedding table.

Isaacson writes that David “seemed to be fuming” and went up to Musk and asked him, “Do you just want to murder kids in schools?” (via Insider). Musk was allegedly “baffled” and “annoyed” and said, “No, no. I’m anti-kid murder.”

“Then how could you vote Republican?” David reportedly asked Musk.

David confirmed the incident to Isaacson, explaining in the book, “[Musk’s] tweets about voting Republican because Democrats were the party of division and hate were sticking in my craw. Even if Uvalde never happened, I probably would have brought it up, because I was angry and offended.”

if anyone is going to the NHL game today there in Melbourne make sure to wear your North Gear (and maybe hold up a sign saying..i just want to tell you both good luck we're all counting on you

I think with context that's not exactly what he's saying, and musk certainly isn't free of behaving in the same way-

Walter Isaacson’s new Elon Musk biography reveals an alleged altercation between the Twitter/X owner and comedian Larry David that took place at Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel’s wedding last year in Saint-Tropez, France. The event took place just a few days after the mass shooting in Uvalde, Texas, in which 19 children and two teachers were killed. David and Musk were seated at the same wedding table.

Isaacson writes that David “seemed to be fuming” and went up to Musk and asked him, “Do you just want to murder kids in schools?” (via Insider). Musk was allegedly “baffled” and “annoyed” and said, “No, no. I’m anti-kid murder.”

“Then how could you vote Republican?” David reportedly asked Musk.

David confirmed the incident to Isaacson, explaining in the book, “[Musk’s] tweets about voting Republican because Democrats were the party of division and hate were sticking in my craw. Even if Uvalde never happened, I probably would have brought it up, because I was angry and offended.”
I don’t doubt that Musk is doing the equivalent from a Republican side, and that’s my point - both sides just insult the supporters of the other side with over exaggerated insults that create further division. Neither of those things is true - if you vote democrats you don’t support hate and division, if you vote republicans you don’t support the murder of kids.

Someone posted a meme earlier about the people in power creating imagined enemies between people based on how they vote rather than focusing on the fact that the rich/people in power are the ones to look at, and to me this anecdote just illustrates that (with the obvious exception being that both musk and David are very wealthy).

You obviously dont have any friends who are punters.

But generally speaking i imagine it would be like brewsters millions trying to waste that much money. Even with drugs and alcohol theres only so much your body can take

Yeah without any of the addictions most people would struggle. Park it in an index fund and you'd be getting 40k per week without even touching the base $50m.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back