Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
Following the law
They need to rule a red line under anyone with even a hint of complicity covering this s**t up and ship them off to while away their time in a monastery somewhere.

The obviously guilty of covering up crimes need to be given up on a platter to rot in jail in if that’s what the courts determine. There are so many things associated with this that are mind boggling but turning loose people who should have never been in comtact with the public let alone let loose on schools and parishioners is unforgivable imo.

I have met some great men in the church and more than a few who were strange abominable privileged dinosaurs, I hated one so much that I refused to be married in the church and settled on the botanicals with a civil celebrant the mayor of St Kilda. The schools, hospitals and charities etc do a tremendous amount of good and many would have little if any real input from the clergy. I think removing the tax free status would probably hurt more people and end up costing the government money.

I couldn’t tell you with any certainty how I ended up catholic, my parents were Anglican and so are my sisters they were baptised at st Bedes and went to shelford. I’m not a regular at church I don’t feel the need to attend church to be close to god. My eldest attends every week and is Anglican by choice having made that decision years ago for himself.

At any rate it’s a terrible business and apart from the obvious damage to the victims it has damaged our whole society and many people will feel isolated from the comfort the church community provides them. The church needs to undergo some massive changes but somehow I doubt they really have the will to do so, Australia is a long way from Rome.

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Let's call a spade a spade here...

Organised religion is just another political movement with the aim to control it's followers.

There is also the power struggle between faiths which has gone on since JC was born.

The Catholic Church is more concerned about massive compensation and protecting its power.

I have also know a few great priests and sadly guys like Peter Mattheson are about to retire this year.

The church is govern Ed d by its Canon law behind which it hides. This law, like Sharia law is in direct conflict to western democratic law.

The cover up of these crimes as as bad as the crime itself. They quote the sanctity of confession blah blah blah.

IMO we need laws with harsh penalties for all parties complicit and just the offender.

If they don't want to break the seal of confession then off to jail they go.

For its part, the Vatican should set rules to defrock priests immediately. But given they wont accept gay people or marry divorced people, then I won't hold my breath.

The government should threaten them with revocation of their tax free status if they don't come to the party.

But once again, the spineless twats who are supposed to protect us are more interested in votes of religious Christians.

So dont expect much action there.

The greatest hypocracy is these people who claim to be Christian yet behave in ways that Jesus would never condone.

It's a farce, and frankly organised religion has well and truly passed it's use by date.b

pARv2Aw.jpg

If you dont want your kids on drugs get them into these things.
Youre looking at $700

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
Let's call a spade a spade here...

Organised religion is just another political movement with the aim to control it's followers.

There is also the power struggle between faiths which has gone on since JC was born.

The Catholic Church is more concerned about massive compensation and protecting its power.

I have also know a few great priests and sadly guys like Peter Mattheson are about to retire this year.

The church is govern Ed d by its Canon law behind which it hides. This law, like Sharia law is in direct conflict to western democratic law.

The cover up of these crimes as as bad as the crime itself. They quote the sanctity of confession blah blah blah.

IMO we need laws with harsh penalties for all parties complicit and just the offender.

If they don't want to break the seal of confession then off to jail they go.

For its part, the Vatican should set rules to defrock priests immediately. But given they wont accept gay people or marry divorced people, then I won't hold my breath.

The government should threaten them with revocation of their tax free status if they don't come to the party.

But once again, the spineless twats who are supposed to protect us are more interested in votes of religious Christians.

So dont expect much action there.

The greatest hypocracy is these people who claim to be Christian yet behave in ways that Jesus would never condone.

It's a farce, and frankly organised religion has well and truly passed it's use by date.b
It certainly has its problems and many people have drifted off.

Yeah I liked peter Mattheson my youngest daughter knows his niece well and used to baby sit her kids.

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
pARv2Aw.jpg

If you dont want your kids on drugs get them into these things.
Youre looking at $700
There used to be a great train store in flinders street near the station when I was a kid.

My bother and I had a pretty good collection which I handed down to my nephews, god only knows where it all is now it would be worth a fortune.

There used to be a great train store in flinders street near the station when I was a kid.

My bother and I had a pretty good collection which I handed down to my nephews, god only knows where it all is now it would be worth a fortune.
Hearnes Hobbies?

After today Ive got 28 locos.
3 carriage sets.
A couple of DMUs/railcars.

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
Hearnes Hobbies?

After today Ive got 28 locos.
3 carriage sets.
A couple of DMUs/railcars.
Yes that sounds right, it was a great place I loved going in there, that’s some collection you have.

I had a spirit of progress set and my brother had a shunting engine I can’t remeber what it was called but I do remeber it was expensive. We had a load of track a couple of transformers and various other bits a pieces. They pretty quickly gave way to a massive slot car set I brought of a mate and then the usual slug guns and mini bikes.

Can you believe that you could buy slug guns at Myers even the local tobacconist sold them and you could buy real guns at ordinary sports shops like the old MSD in Elizabeth street.

The trouble with the train set was it took up so much room and we had to pack it away after every use, as I recall my mum wasn’t that keen and would have preferred us outside. In fact back in my day if it was daylight you were usually outside running around.

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yes that sounds right, it was a great place I loved going in there, that’s some collection you have.

I had a spirit of progress set and my brother had a shunting engine I can’t remeber what it was called but I do remeber it was expensive. We had a load of track a couple of transformers and various other bits a pieces. They pretty quickly gave way to a massive slot car set I brought of a mate and then the usual slug guns and mini bikes.

Can you believe that you could buy slug guns at Myers even the local tobacconist sold them and you could buy real guns at ordinary sports shops like the old MSD in Elizabeth street.

The trouble with the train set was it took up so much room and we had to pack it away after every use, as I recall my mum wasn’t that keen and would have preferred us outside. In fact back in my day if it was daylight you were usually outside running around.
So true.

Did you have A Scaletrix? I think that's how you spelt it.

We had a holiday house in Rye back in the 70's and there used be those massive slot car tracks everywhere. Mini golf, trampolines and slot car centres all the way from Dromana to Sorrento.

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
So true.

We had a holiday house in Rye back in the 70's and there used be those massive slot car tracks everywhere. Mini golf, trampolines and slot car centres all the way from Dromana to Sorrento.
This thing was out of this world, some of the cars were quite big maybe 6 - 8” or more.

There was a shop in ackland street near ackland cellars that was a slot car racing track, this thing was up there on that scale. My mates old man owned araluen the beautiful old block across the road from us. He was a few years older and moving to the Gold Coast to live with his mum and become a building inspector so I got this thing for about $20 massive track about 4 or so massive cars and a handful of the smaller ones. His dad was a sharp operator he built those townhouses on the corner of head and brickwood and another lot in secombe grove.

I do remember the ones you’re talking about though and yeah that was the name or close enough. These things were great as you could race them against your mates but again my mum hated them. This thing was too big for a bungalow we had out the back, I had to run it out of the lounge into the entry which was like a decent room and double it back down the hallway.

You can see how it would have been a winner with mum plus it needed banking in some parts haha it was just insane.

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
So true.

I loved it down around rye in those days.

We used to rent a house down there some years I loved going to Bridgewater bay we just called st johnswood road, it was wild as and had a Rockpool we used to jump into off the rocks. The prom was my favourite spot back in the day but that was a close second for summer holidays.

You would have loved it down there every summer I bet.

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
I loved it down around rye in those days.

We used to rent a house down there some years I loved going to Bridgewater bay we just called st johnswood road, it was wild as and had a Rockpool we used to jump into off the rocks. The prom was my favourite spot back in the day but that was a close second for summer holidays.

You would have loved it down there every summer I bet.
We were probably the first Italians to buy in Rye back in 71. We were one house back from the highway.

Back then it was pretty empty.

Peninsula bakery, peninsula fried chicken and the old Foodland grocery stores with the big boomerang sign.

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
We were probably the first Italians to buy in Rye back in 71. We were one house back from the highway.

Back then it was pretty empty.

Peninsula bakery, peninsula fried chicken and the old Foodland grocery stores with the big boomerang sign.
Haha yeah there was no one there, people don’t believe me when I tell them.

We used to go shooting, fishing, diving etc around Bridgewater bay. That place had the biggest shell middens I have ever seen, now it’s all fenced and overgrown with plants that weren’t there back in the day. It was all massive dunes, tea tree and a bit of scrub.

Then again the west coast was even wilder then, even in the eighties if you drove down midweek you could have Wye or Kennett river pretty much all to yourselves some days.

Haha yeah there was no one there, people don’t believe me when I tell them.

We used to go shooting, fishing, diving etc around Bridgewater bay. That place had the biggest shell middens I have ever seen, now it’s all fenced and overgrown with plants that weren’t there back in the day. It was all massive dunes, tea tree and a bit of scrub.

Then again the west coast was even wilder then, even in the eighties if you drove down midweek you could have Wye or Kennett river pretty much all to yourselves some days.

We know a family who have a property that is on the water front at Blairgowrie backbeach, it's massive and you walk through the scrub to the surf. It's apparently like it was back then, they said that they are the last to sell it off for lots. It's been in their family since the 1870s or something. We rent it out sometimes, it kind of freaks me out a bit though, it feels like somewhere to hide bodies. A family friend had a house at Portsea on the surf side and that was pretty remote back when we were young. By the 2000s it was suburban.

Quite damning that the survival of a strong economy and high living standards is reliant on people going into more debt.

Just think about that for a second.
It's quite a worry...…..I read last year that world debt has doubled since the GFC.....that in itself is extremely scary.

It appears that many countries haven't learnt a thing since the GFC......debt was the way to drive growth and get out of their "mess" and if there's a major hick up here or overseas....it could turn very ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back