Random thoughts not worthy of a thread (Part I)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Those videos just make me happy that Australia is over the other side of the globe from England.
Yep, our fans are tame compared to them. Man U and West Ham fans are some of the worst soccer hooligans you'll ever see.

Gotta love Melbourne in the summer.

I think I may be officially classed as a danger to myself walking around the city.

#opticnerve
I must agree!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Too difficult to call. You know what these things are like. Hoping for a decent ref who allows a little physicality befitting of a derby, rather than a card happy tool like Ben Williams or Griffiths-Jones. No bias aside at all, I'll go MVFC 3-1. How about your prediction kangaspurs?
I don't think either defence is at it's strongest at the moment, unless Victory have got Delpierre back? So i'll go for a 2-2 with City coming from behind twice and I'd be quite content with that. There were lots of goals in the first derby and the iirc the last one had lots of chances for either side without the players being able to capitilise on them. Yeah i hope we get a ref that allows a bit of passion, you need them in derbies. Ben Williams shouldn't be refereeing a third division state league let alone Australia's top flight after his performance in the Iran-Iraq game.

He's very good, but, like Levi, went up a level in his play and we weren't willing to pay overs for him. (Damn Carroll, Valencia and Adrian taking most of our wages).
Yeah fair enough. I know that player tapping happens all the time despite it being against the rules but I really hope that if the rumours are true and he's already agreed a deal in principle with Spurs the club doesn't get in any trouble for it, although by rights they should. Depending on whether Vertonghen is still there he'll probably go ahead of Fazio as a first choice central defender next season.
I wonder how West Ham fans will react if he does cross to one of their biggest rivals on a free. Spurs fans still absolutely loathe that Judas campaigner Sol Campbell for going to Arsenal on a free so it would probably be a bit hypocritical if they celebrated the signing of Reid. I guess the difference is that Reid hasn't been promising he's going to stay and sign a new contract, it's already accepted he'll be leaving.

I predict a belting for Spurs :)

Even without alexis. Forever in our shadows.
It's difficult to be in the shadows of the wandering, nomadic campaigners from Woolwich in South London. 3-1 to Spurs with Eriksen and Kane running riot.

Yeah fair enough. I know that player tapping happens all the time despite it being against the rules but I really hope that if the rumours are true and he's already agreed a deal in principle with Spurs the club doesn't get in any trouble for it, although by rights they should. Depending on whether Vertonghen is still there he'll probably go ahead of Fazio as a first choice central defender next season.
I wonder how West Ham fans will react if he does cross to one of their biggest rivals on a free. Spurs fans still absolutely loathe that Judas campaigner Sol Campbell for going to Arsenal on a free so it would probably be a bit hypocritical if they celebrated the signing of Reid. I guess the difference is that Reid hasn't been promising he's going to stay and sign a new contract, it's already accepted he'll be leaving.
Well looking at history. Defoe copped crap from hammer fans for leaving. Lampard when he left us in his younger years still cops it and that was almost 10 years ago. Hammer fans have the memory of elephants, he'll be booed. Arsenal wanted Reid but didn't want to pay overs for him (plus we didn't want to pay 12m for Jenkinson who is on loan for us till the end of the season).

Those videos just make me happy that Australia is over the other side of the globe from England.
Whys that HOF? The passion soccer fans have in England is something else. Even the chants and atmosphere at games in the A-League outstrip some footy games.

Whys that HOF? The passion soccer fans have in England is something else. Even the chants and atmosphere at games in the A-League outstrip some footy games.
Only the wanderers and victory fans but thats about it. EPL chanting and fans are generally top notch, but it can go over the top. If West Ham had played more in Europe over the last 30 years, with our fans, World War Three would have started the amount of crap we cause.

Our midfield depth according to FoxSports

NORTH MELBOURNE

Top shelf

Brent Harvey

Nick Dal Santo

Daniel Wells

Andrew Swallow

Ben Cunnington

Relievers

Jack Ziebell

Sam Gibson

Shaun Higgins

Ryan Bastinac

Shaun Atley

The verdict: The top end is very good with prime movers in Harvey, Dal Santo and Wells finishing the clearance work of Swallow and Cunnington. Recruited Higgins during the off-season after Kangaroos’ depth was exposed by Sydney in the preliminary final. Father-son gem Luke McDonald could be tested in the midfield at different stages.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our midfield depth according to FoxSports

NORTH MELBOURNE

Top shelf

Brent Harvey

Nick Dal Santo

Daniel Wells

Andrew Swallow

Ben Cunnington

Relievers

Jack Ziebell

Sam Gibson

Shaun Higgins

Ryan Bastinac

Shaun Atley

The verdict: The top end is very good with prime movers in Harvey, Dal Santo and Wells finishing the clearance work of Swallow and Cunnington. Recruited Higgins during the off-season after Kangaroos’ depth was exposed by Sydney in the preliminary final. Father-son gem Luke McDonald could be tested in the midfield at different stages.
Whats a reliever anyway? Never heard that saying in AFL... Zeibell in same group as basti yeah no worries..

Were any of you guys in Launceston today? Saw a bloke decked out in North gear while I was in K-Mart.

I always thought a reliever was someone who got caught pissing in a public place.

Was out over the Christmas/New Year period and was outside in a line for one of a nightclub and desperately needed to piss and there was no way i could hold until i got inside ( the line was huge). So anyway, there was a back alley way just near where the queue had snaked. Not being able to hold any longer I darted down and found a dumpster and began relieving myself behind it.

Was mid way through when a copper walked past and saw me, and i was thinking oh **** this aint going to end well. Luckily however the bloke was in a similar position to me and came and stood behind this dumpster with me and relieved himself as well.

Fair to say not only did it feel great to empty the tank but also that I wasn't thrown in a divy van for performing a lewd act in public.

Tbh 5 Top shelf players is an improvement on a few yrs ago. Hopefully after 2015 a few more players join them... Zeibell,Atley,Higgins or Gibson maybe

Last edited:
Were any of you guys in Launceston today? Saw a bloke decked out in North gear while I was in K-Mart.
Takes a very special kind of person to be swanning around the shops in their full team gear in the off-season.......

Was out over the Christmas/New Year period and was outside in a line for one of a nightclub and desperately needed to piss and there was no way i could hold until i got inside ( the line was huge). So anyway, there was a back alley way just near where the queue had snaked. Not being able to hold any longer I darted down and found a dumpster and began relieving myself behind it.

Was mid way through when a copper walked past and saw me, and i was thinking oh **** this aint going to end well. Luckily however the bloke was in a similar position to me and came and stood behind this dumpster with me and relieved himself as well.

Fair to say not only did it feel great to empty the tank but also that I wasn't thrown in a divy van for performing a lewd act in public.
Did something similar after a game last year. Was pissed as a fart on the train on the way home. Got that bad I needed to piss. Felt like I was going to explode. What made it worse was I was on the train home - nowhere to go. The psychological feeling of no escape for easy relief made the pain tenfold. I thought I'd keep going and hold it. Got to a point where there was no way I was going to hold it. Do it or piss my pants. Me being drunk me, I got out when the train stopped at a station, with the intention of having a super quick piss then jumping back on. No way. So I'd got out at a station I'd never ever been to (this was about 11:30 at night mind you), and pissed all up the wall of the building. The piss travelled a good 100 metres all down the platform. Was going for a good minute or so I reckon. Put away so many beers and bourbons that night - the piss was thundering out. I zip up and walk back towards the front of the building and think "Oh, f*****g grouse", as there was a pack of either coppers or PSOs (can't remember, was too blind). Thought I was finished for sure. Instead, one of them must've seen that I was pretty wasted, so he asked "who won the footy tonight mate", then "by how much". Answered him and nothing more was said. Relief followed by relief. :D

For those that tl/dr: Chron relieved himself with a copper, behind a dumpster in an alley way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back