Random thoughts not worthy of a thread (Part I)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Answer ? Don't know Gaso. Meteorite ? Start again ? Dinosaurs get a second go ?

Dunno.

Kids are a game changer for any tragedy/ incident

Just hearing that some are in care with parents dead and vice versa and some in care not knowing where there parents are.

CnSwICfUIAA6aGJ.jpg

Doesn't look like a heart to me, looks like the bike has a ball sack.

Where did you see this Tas?

Gee catching up on the Nice terrorist attack.

Drove for a mile... and hitting kids....families.

Dreadful...the horror

So sad.

It disgusts me. How heartless and gutless, to drive right through a massive crowd without a care for who's about to be maimed or killed by your actions, be they men, women, children of any country and religion who just happen to be there to witness the fireworks?

I imagine I'm not the only one here who's driven that road in Nice.

Several friends have only recently been posting pics of their families travels, which have included pics fom the beachfront in Nice. Timing is everything eh?

Anyway, simply horrific!

It disgusts me. How heartless and gutless, to drive right through a massive crowd without a care for who's about to be maimed or killed by your actions, be they men, women, children of any country and religion who just happen to be there to witness the fireworks?

I imagine I'm not the only one here who's driven that road in Nice.

Several friends have only recently been posting pics of their families travels, which have included pics fom the beachfront in Nice. Timing is everything eh?

Anyway, simply horrific!

Unfortunately.........until the next tragedy.

I bought one those lights off eBay years ago. Maybe the genetic bike that Froome rode last night for 50 metres should've had them on?
Seeing Froome run up the mountain was a massive "WTF" moment. Right up there when Steven Cadbury won gold at the Winter Olympics in Soeul.

Someone I follow on Twitter put it up. Not sure if his was the original or not. I like to share the odd funny thing that springs up from that medium.

Sigh, I have been thinking that it is Saturday for the last 8 hours. Jumped on-line to check the scores. For some reason Groundhog day just keeps repeating itself.

The good thing is that we are currently neck and neck with Port, and should be able to pull away in the first quarter

I would start the GD thread but the anal types insist it be on the day of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I am not saying people aren't being shot when they do what police tell them, just saying in a lot of the incidents that people aren't doing what police tell them to do and when that happens your probability of dying is going to balloon.

With Philando Castile, the guy that was shot 4 times and killed in Minnesota, he told the police officer he had a gun in the car, the officer asked him to get his license and registration and when he went to get it the police officer said don't reach for the weapon and shot him. There is a big problem in America where having fire arms is legal, big problem for Police. I think more than 50 were feloniously killed in the line of duty in 2014, it is one country I would never be a police officer.

What is evident is that Police procedure is failing the officers and failing the citizens, particularly in states with easy access to guns, you can purchase and carry assault weapons in Minnesota, it would make me have a twitchy trigger finger and I am a pacifist.

Ideally, they would want to vastly reduce the number of guns in the country, but failing to do so they need a better procedure in terms of dealing with people that have firearms or are suspected of having firearms.

Just have less aggro cops. And change your culture so you don't have a mythology of guns. That is the biggest issue with the US. Part of that mythology is that in the US guns solve problems where as in the rest of the world we try to use our minds.

The US is massive and the standards of policing are very different. In Australia we have 6 states. So we have 7 police forces. the AFP and state police forces.

In the US individual cities and counties have their own police forces, as well as state police and then their FBI. There are hundreds of different police departments with different standards that they apply to hiring, training and SOPs. We have 7 and they all come under massive media scrutiny these days. Plus there are cctvs everywhere and everyone has a camera phone. CCTV is responsible for increasing policing standards in Australia and the UK because so many police have been busted doing the wrong thing on CCTV. Like so much about the US the standards aren't standard the way they are here.

And that is without adding the race issues the US has.

Someone I follow on Twitter put it up. Not sure if his was the original or not. I like to share the odd funny thing that springs up from that medium.

Heaps of young blokes with utes covered in lights, aerials and stickers hang those things off the tow balls. Usually in blue plastic. Young bulls with blue balls!

If one comes round to take your daughter out its probably a good idea to be cleaning a shotgun at the time. #gunssolveproblems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back