RANK your AFL commentators with THIS tier list

All in all, which TV station has the better commentator panel?

• Seven

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Fox

Votes: 22 22.0%
  • Bring Back Channel Ten!

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I Prefer Radio

Votes: 36 36.0%
  • I despise commentating of any kind

Votes: 6 6.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpire commentary (durimng game microphone feed) stands above all.

Dunstal, Richo, Hodge and N Riewoldt are my favourite. They provide great insight of the games.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Brenton Speed , Bennett and Hudson are the best off the top of my head

BT , Carey are two off the top of my head i hate listening to

They have too many in the commentary box , as someone mentioned was better when one caller and someone on the side
I agree with the bolded, Speed and Bennett are criminally under-rated, Huddo is just ok.
How BT still has a job is mind-boggling.

Richo and Brad Johnson are not bad for special comments.

The easy way to do this is start with who annoys the most.
That's Hamish then daylight then BT.

At the other end Huddo stands out, then Eddie and Brayshaw. The rest of the callers about the same.
Special comments a separate category: Healy maybe slightly the best. Jobe has to be the worst - he really struggles with the English language, Ricciutto a thickhead.

How can you have anyone in the same tier as Cometti? He is above every other commentator.
It seems a no brainer, Dennis was in a league and 'wit' of his own, although it was a real pity to see the passing of Clinton Grybas at such an early age as he was next in line to Dennis. For football analysis and comments Leigh Montagna is a beauty... great football brain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the other options are too irritating to even look at their faces.

RIP the great Clinton Grybas who would slot straight into GOAT tier. Lou Richards also. Drew Morphett a worthy fantastic tier entry.

Would put Bucks and Donegan in the fantastic tier from the current bunch that weren't options. Donegan is the model pro all the other current clowns should look to.

my-image.png

Brendan Speed and Adam Papalia glaring omissions that I can see, both would be right up there.

Realise I'm in a minority with Daisy Pearce but really enjoy her analysis. Her understanding of the game is first class, just ranked a little lower than Fantastic on how she delivers it.

1660205333951.png

I'm glad everybody seems to be rating Jason Bennett and Joey in the positive categories. Rightly deserved.

Jason Bennet is terrible, he constantly yells with his painful voice no matter how boring and mundane the play. He acts like the game is life or death, like the losing team will be sent to Ukraine. At least BT knows its just entertainment and no one will remember 99.9 % of AFL games by next week.

The best description I've seen of Bennett's commentary style is like he's 20 seconds from shitting his pants and he's at a strangers front door trying to convince them to let him and use their toilet

Daisy knows more about modern footy than BT does.
Not a very high bar to get over Billy.

bayley-jumping-hurdles.gif

As someone lsitening since about 1970+ Roberts, Cometti, Morphett are so far above the rest it just ain't funny. None currently commentating come near, a bit like the game itself...just a shade of what it was... so lucky I wasn't born now and this is what you think passes as good! I know most with my experience agree. McAveney I also loved but see his up and down side. Ex champion footballers rarely make it to high levels.

At risk of coming across as sexist Underwood is by far the worst and she should feel guilty collecting her pay cheque each week. Totally inept.
Surprised at this coming from a Tigers fan as she knows and talks about Dusty constantly. Imagine how bad she would be if you went for an orange team.

We need a "poor" category for the likes of Eddie McGuire, Basil Zempilas etc. It is not right to have someone like BT who I like on Triple M but hate on Channel 7 in the same category.

View attachment 1472739
Yep. Opened it up, started putting them all in below average and then wasn’t sure how to differentiate the likes of Dermott and Underspud from the rest of the duds

Back