Rare Melbourne Autographs

Remove this Banner Ad

Just stumbled across this rare Melbourne autograph page when cleaning out an old box. Pretty impressive. Just thought you might like to see. Some absolute legends.
Sorry guys picture not adding. Will upload when I can. Failed thread lol

Last edited:
I have two pieces of paper from around 1994 on Melbourne FC stationary when I was about 9 or 10

One of them was a hand written note from Neil Balme (the coach at the time obviously) thanking me for my support of the club, and the other page had the signatures of just about every player on the list at the time. It was a treasured possession, I had a friend who's parents knew Neil well, and I just randomly got a letter in the mail one day, it was awesome.

I wouldn't have the slightest idea where it is now, other than at my parents house. In fact, my dad reads this forum ... Dad, can you get mum to have a look for that for me? cheers.

I had a fully signed team sheet from the mid-eighties with Robbie Flower and Ron Barassi on it (as coach). Threw it out a year or so ago.

I also got Stephen Tingays first ever autograph when he was about 15. True story - I remember his mum getting all excited about it and the older players teasing him.

Threw that out too. :oops:

So this is a thread about pictures we can't see? Awesome. I've got this cloth - pretty ancient I believe. It's got this imprint of Jesus' face and I'll get an image going and everything but not right now because the scanner's packed it in

So this is a thread about pictures we can't see? Awesome. I've got this cloth - pretty ancient I believe. It's got this imprint of Jesus' face and I'll get an image going and everything but not right now because the scanner's packed it in

You mean this?

55801-forrest-gump-smiley-face.png

rps20151222_155353.jpg

Any of these look familiar?

I know Paul wheatley is middle left, on the right we have brad green, Travis Johnston, Adam yze, and one I'm not sure of. Not sure who is middle right. No idea who the others are.

Ive got a Gold Footy card of Clint Bizzell around 2003, I mailed it to him when I was about in grade 4, got him to sign it.
It was during the period when he had a Fractured Jaw Bone, so he had plenty of time to continue writing letters over the period of that year.

Just on that,I actually met Clint Last week, in person. I told him that it was me, he remembered it too!
Was quite moving. I was stoked, my quest was complete

Ive got a Gold Footy card of Clint Bizzell around 2003, I mailed it to him when I was about in grade 4, got him to sign it.
It was during the period when he had a Fractured Jaw Bone, so he had plenty of time to continue writing letters over the period of that year.

Just on that,I actually met Clint Last week, in person. I told him that it was me, he remembered it too!
Was quite moving. I was stoked, my quest was complete

I know Biz socially, he's a champ and very genuine - doesn't surprise me.

I had a mate from Tassie playing for the Hawks, best buds with Brad Green and got me a guernsey signed by the whole team in 2000. Still have it (although it's worth nada).

My uncle was a massive Collingwood fan and he had a

How did i miss this post at the time? Absolute classic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got a mate in Marketing at the Dees. He asked who my favourite player was, and I'm like "Wattsy! Gotta be Wattsy, i love that guy!".

Anyway he posted me autographed stuff of some guy named Frank.

Not sure what happened there... Either they had too many dickheads requesting Watts autograph, the marketing department can't tell all the different Jacks apart, or they really just don't appreciate my business and sent whatever was left at the bottom of the draw.

Ive got a Dees jumper signed by Brian Wilson as my brother worked with him a while back. Im just hanging out to get Shane Woewodin's sig now, then ill have the complete set of the worst brownlow medalists of all time. :rainbow:

Ive got a Dees jumper signed by Brian Wilson as my brother worked with him a while back. Im just hanging out to get Shane Woewodin's sig now, then ill have the complete set of the worst brownlow medalists of all time. :rainbow:
Brian may be the worst Brownlow medalist, but he's also the greatest ever songwriter.

Brian%2BWilson%2BPet%2BSounds%2BEra%2BBrian.jpg

Edit: LOL this picture perfectly matches my new avatar :)

I've got one of the boots Toddy Viney wore in his last game signed by the man himself.
Snotty nosed kid in the rooms post game asked the legend if he had anything he could give me so he took his boots off, signed them, gave one to me and one to my mates sister.

I once sent a bunch of footy cards to Garry Lyon, c/- the club office in Jolimont. About 2 months later, every single one of them returned and signed, Jakovich, Stynes, Tingay, Lyon, Schwarz among others. Was chuffed as, so did the same thing with Dean Jones at Vic cricket - he did the same. The 90s were ace.

Edit: I also have a signed team jersey from either 2010/11, as well as 2015, and this year's team signed Sherrin. It is nice to have family in the sports biz.

1999 team signed guernsey (the old woolen ones). Not the most valuable thing but I still love it. Got various other signatures here and there.

My most valuable piece of memorabilia no doubt is a 1999/2000 (pretty sure those dates are correct) Pakistan tour of Australia bat, signed by both teams. For Australia it was Waugh x2, McGrath, Langer, Gilchrist (he debuted in tests that series) and many others. For Pakistan it has Shoaib, Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, Inzamen, Ijaz Ahmed and others.

Also, hilariously, it has Colin "funky" Miller and Scott "can't bat, can't bowl, can't field" Muller!

For my dad's 50th birthday we had organised a signed guernsey of the 2004 team. My sisters friend boyfriend knew Troy Broadbridge through the reach foundation. So not only does it have his signature he did this Personalised 'broady' on the tag. My dads birthday being on being on new years eve it was quite emotional when presented it to him as the fate of Troy was unknown. I guess it's not rare but more unique having that broady tag.

My dad once told me this story, but im unsure whether he said Brain Wilson Or Peter Moore, (I know it was A Brownlow winner from the dees. Not Stynes or Woey) but he said that he sold his car that had Brownlow sitting in the glove box! Haha. I thought "It would be pretty hard to forget where u left your Brownlow medal!?"

I'm
View attachment 202742

Any of these look familiar?

I know Paul wheatley is middle left, on the right we have brad green, Travis Johnston, Adam yze, and one I'm not sure of. Not sure who is middle right. No idea who the others are.
Jeff White right mid?

Guernsey signed by the entire 2015 team. Including rare and highly desired signatures such as Heritier Lumumba, Chris Dawes, Dean Terlich and Matt Jones.

I can go one better - a sherrin signed by the entire 2012 squad. Coach mark neeld, star players such as gysberts, bate, morton, blease, strauss, cook, moloney, sellar, tapscott, taggert, bail, tynan, davis plus rookie stars such as magner, sheanan and williams

About good enough for a kick at the park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back