Autopsy Rd 10 Blues rally late to hold out the Hawks

Who played well for the Blues against the Hawks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

By the time Levis knee is okay I think that Pittonet will be ready for a rest as well and we'll see Levi back in the team then. I think the intention always was to use him this year to give the others a small break here and there. Circumstances meant any plans would have gone out the window.
Don't think it'll ever be ok, just less bad. Feel like arthritis is going to be a bitch for him later in life.

Done much for the club, but so called supporters still love to pile on.

Where's the hat dude when you kneed him?

If it's a hat for Norway that you're after then you want my cousin.

iu

I've sat on it for 2 days now and I still can't get myself feeling all that excited by the win. I was at the game then watched it again yesterday

The same problems were still there. For about a qtr and a half to 2 qtrs we had our usual complacent period, we're just lucky it was against a poor side that couldn't bury us for it.

Our inside 50s were still awful. Aimless long bombs inside 50.

Defensively they were able to walk through us several times, as usual.

If we play like that against better teams we lose. We won, but to me we didn't actually change anything, we just played a bad team.
Carlton are average,and are working hard to get to this stage from the drought......
Hawks are a bad team however they are still quite tough and we had to fight this one out....something we simply did not do in recent times since the drought....
Our list is good....its not elite....its not the best list....we have no midfield depth[none]...
We owe this position to Russell who has put enough fire into the guys bellies to be able to push past some weaker teams,our fitness and fixture draw after mid season should see us look stronger and be pushing upwards towards the top 8....
This team probably doesnt have the depth or output rating to impact within the finals,however they may be able to draw pretty close to it or even get a sniff.
which would be good for some ok work.....

Yesterday and been surrounded by the Carlton family just reaffirmed how much I love the G more than Docklands.

So much more atmosphere, especially when the weather was so beautiful..

Surely with out growing membership base, the time is right for us to play more home games at the G (happy to go with an 8/3 split)

Dimma? Is that you?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

First of all Cripps was amazing in 2019 as captain. Been injured much of time since. Also teams are throwing everything at him to curb his influence. Not just a tag, but team defence at stoppages.

Second, Doc was injured and had ******* cancer growing in him last year. No wonder he always felt tired. Already playing much closer to what we'd hoped he would after the ACLs.

Third point is that I'd go to Weitering for next captain. For at least 2-3 years. Let Walsh just play without the added burden.

Give it to Walsh at around 24-25 years old.
I've given my reasons why I think Walsh would be a good Captain, but although Cripps was a good Captain in 2019, it's largely due to his form and the fact that there was no-one else really. His form was great and he largely wasn't getting Tagged out as much, nor was his body as battered, but other than 'doing it all himself' back then, what made him such a great leader? Personal form doesn't mean great Captain. I think Doc is actually a better Captain, and there's nothing wrong with his leadership, but I just think Walsh sets a better standard and can read the game better than either of our current Captains.

He also Captained the Falcons & Vic Country, so already has the experience.

As for the 'burden', both Sticks and Selwood inherited the Captaincy at a young age early in their careers, and managed to thrive under the task.
I don't think Carlton has had a 'Great' Captain since Sticks and most of the choices since then have been reward for being a long time servant and great player, later in their Careers. Murphy's quiet personality didn't really demonstrate the ability to lead (I think - though his footy smarts are great) and also meant his game suffered with the burden.

Again, I'd roll the dice on Walsh, rather than continue with Co-Captains that themselves seem 'burdened' with the task.

Back