Autopsy Rd 15 Gcs v Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

At one point it was 13-7 to 6-13.

I don't think we were as godawful as the board would have you believe. Team-wise I thought we did OK. There were some issues with individual players but it is what it is. We're not exactly killing it this year, but it's a weird feeling knowing we're playing out time until the free agency and draft periods.
I feel dirty hoping we don't win, yet somewhat aroused at all the possibilities come the off season

I can't wait for his insightful well thought out response.

I would also like to point out this is the second time he has logged off after I've called him out.

The GD Thread is a cesspool of fly by the seat of your pants comments, frustrations, glee, sadness the works.

I loathe picking stuff out of there...really do.

But when you get called out by a few posters in there, and then continue to defend the indefensible in the cool light of other threads, well it's kind of...

The GD Thread is a cesspool of fly by the seat of your pants comments, frustrations, glee, sadness the works.

I loathe picking stuff out of there...really do.

But when you get called out by a few posters in there, and then continue to defend the indefensible in the cool light of other threads, well it's kind of...

WE are all guilty of posting questionable remarks in the heat of the moment. Difference is the good ones front up to answer the tough questons

You've made plenty of bold predictions regarding players who won't make it, and clearly you rate yourself as someone who can pick a player when you see one, so put yourself out there and tell us who you think has what it takes.
His list of whom won't so far is:

Clarke
Hibberd

And mentioned Higgins is going to fall on his arse soon.

If Riperpart before you get rippedapart want to divulge why you think they won't make it, then you might be taken a little more serious. Otherwise you are just coming off like a negative nancy or a pratt. TBH its just being really outlandish for no real apparent reason. Both have been impressive in VFL and barely played many AFL games and have showed obvious signs they will make it.

Last edited:
His list of whom won't so far is:

Clarke
Hibberd

If Riperpart before you get rippedapart want to divulge why you think they won't make it, then you might be taken a little more serious. Otherwise you are just coming off like a negative nancy or a pratt. TBH its just being really outlandish for no real apparent reason. Both have been impressive in VFL and barely played many AFL games and have showed obvious signs they will make it.
LOL are you guys really wasting your time talking about my comments on 2 blokes?
sad sad little men.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL are you guys really wasting your time talking about my comments on 2 blokes?
sad sad little men.
This whole site is about wasting time, but most people here understand that you are accountable for what you say.

I'm afraid to say the only thing round here that is sad is you. Little man.

sad sad little men.
Like the post that you deleted before you made this comment.....that you were concerned about people ignoring your posts? Thats sad in itself.

I actually advised Gas not to even waste any time. All I did was ask you to put some basis behind your comments so that maybe people might understand why you make these claims. They might not agree with your ridiculous comments but the way you word things; it comes across as trashing the player since you put nothing into your opinion.

You just say a lot of outlandish things with no arguments behind them....and in such a short time you've made yourself irrelevant to people. So to answer that post that you deleted (or I cannot find), then thats the answer to that.

Like the post that you deleted before you made this comment.....that you were concerned about people ignoring your posts? Thats sad in itself.

I actually advised Gas not to even waste any time. All I did was ask you to put some basis behind your comments so that maybe people might understand why you make these claims. They might not agree with your ridiculous comments but the way you word things; it comes across as trashing the player since you put nothing into your opinion.

You just say a lot of outlandish things with no arguments behind them....and in such a short time you've made yourself irrelevant to people. So to answer that post that you deleted (or I cannot find), then thats the answer to that.
Why are you still wasting your time talking about me?!

After watching the goals vid (* the replay) and with some time to reflect I'll offer this cliche/piece of eternal wisdom: things are never as good as they seem when they're good, nor as bad as they seem when they're bad. The last month has been pretty tough after a promising period, but really all we are lacking is some midfield polish and defensive running, some improved on-field leadership and some more coaching adaptability on match day.

All of these can be taught/acquired although whether Brad will adapt is at best a 50/50. And all of the above have been problems for some time.
We must continue to rotate young players through the team, however obviously there must also be a certain non-negotiable standard of effort and intent. It's certainly debatable if this if being consistently applied.

However, with this in mind, keeping a player like Swallow in the team over say Dumont is fine by me, as he demonstrates this effort. Keeping Goldstein in over Preuss, by the same token, is not fine. (You notice in the goals vid that he's not involved in any way in any of them).

Accentuating the positive:
Atley continues to improve steadily in his new role. McDonald has had a superb year. Cunnington with one or two more elite mids around him will be jaw-dropping. Brown is a gun. Maj could still be anything. Mountford looks a likely type, and Clarke at absolute worst is decent depth. Wood will pull the finger out one day too. Wagner has a good crack. Tarrant is elite. MacMillan is having a down year but is an excellent role player in a good side. Higgins has at least two years of good footy left.
With Turner, Simpkin, Wright, Jacobs, Williams and EVW to come back we still have a shitload more class, hardness and poise to reintroduce to the side. Darkest hour right before dawn etc. OK two cliches one post I'm out.

Go North.

Last edited:
Why are you still wasting your time talking about me?!
Maybe I was trying to help you understand where people are coming from so that perhaps you can improve your relationships to people around here. Up until you wanted to be a smartass.

Maybe I was trying to help you understand where people are coming from so that perhaps you can improve your relationships to people around here. Up until you wanted to be a smartass.
Nearly 3 pages of the referencing me saying 2 guys wont make it.
You guys are weird
But I still love you :heart:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back