Game Day RD 16 Geelong v Doggies Sat July6 7:25pm @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 games clear + 25%.

Pies lost last night.

Could go 3 games clear if Freo win the Derby......

All things that the Cats should not be thinking about going into tonights game V the Woofers.

WE just need to play our game and win.

WE tend to do ok at Etihad historically - and go in unchanged tonight. Whether that sticks until the first bounce remains to be seen. Perhaps Rohan does need another week - then give it to him.

WE can really take a strangle hold on Top 4 this week with a win and a top 2 finish firms as well.

But first - the Doggies must be kenneled. Shut them down, dont let them run and gun like they do and we'll be good. First to the pill peeps.

GO Catters

I'm hoping we are switched on from the first bounce tonight, because we have been slow starters for more than a few games now.

While we have ended up running over the top of most teams, Port kept up their pressure & never let us get into the game, and I don't want to take the same risk tonight.

Get on top earlier and control the game rather than chasing our tails would be nice

They have a genuinely great midfield and has have a few ins since last time we met at GMHBA. Last time we played them at Marvel we lost. While losing won't affect the ladder, it is an opportunity to try match contested ball against one of the better midfields. Quite lose-able. Should be good to watch

I'm very worried about this game. I thought the Dogs matched it with us for 3-quarters in Geelong a few weeks ago, and if not for some missed opportunities, they should of been well in front heading into the last quarter. We will need to play much better for longer to get the win tonight.

It won't be a disaster if we lose, but I'd like us to keep winning and really put a bit of fear factor in a few of our rivals come finals time. We need to be beating teams like the Dogs by a few goals to really assert our authority on the competition.

Should hopefully be a fun game. Not a tragedy if we lose.
Cause of that I'd like to see Atkins play a ton of midfield mins.
See if we can add another dimension and possibly sort out our clearance issues.
Would also really like to see Dubya's idea of Bews tagging in the midfield for short bursts. Is sort of made for that role.
Why not ay?

Not a tragedy if we lose.
tenor.gif

I'm very worried about this game. I thought the Dogs matched it with us for 3-quarters in Geelong a few weeks ago, and if not for some missed opportunities, they should of been well in front heading into the last quarter. We will need to play much better for longer to get the win tonight.

It won't be a disaster if we lose, but I'd like us to keep winning and really put a bit of fear factor in a few of our rivals come finals time. We need to be beating teams like the Dogs by a few goals to really assert our authority on the competition.

Agree with your theme - toss of the coin for mine - either team could win - and win comfortably

All credit to Geel - being 12-2 with the cattle theve got - been very honest and consistent

However they are not a patch on the 2007/11 teams - best example is 2010 about same time in the season - Cats flogged the Dogs by over 100 pts and at Docklands - where the Dogs normally play very well

A good start would be nice, our first quarters since round 11 have been snot. I’m a bit worried we’ll go in with a bad attitude with this game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I worry about harder grounds for Stanley/Gaj.

Wouldn’t be surprised if either hurt themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I worry about harder grounds for Stanley/Gaj.

Wouldn’t be surprised if either hurt themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Especially since its off the back of a game in sydney, I wouldnt be shocked if we didnt eest a few going to perth for the same reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back