Autopsy Rd 18 v Hawks - There is nothing to say

Remove this Banner Ad

How was SPS awful? Felt safe everytime he got it. Unlike most our list
Fair few turnovers for him today. Still not kicking through the ball for distance...using little dinky kicks or scrubbers. Seems to have spent it before he's got it.....needs to be more of a one touch player

Positives:

Polson, Lobbe, Weitering and JSOS had better games. Not perfect but improvement. LOB was also good in patches.

The standard from players like Cripps, Simpson and the Curnows.

The bad:

Murphy, try and ignore the disposal and his impact on the contest and disposal is horrid.

SPS to me doesn't do enough defensively and is generally not involved enough. Players like Fisher, Dow and Lob are well and truely ahead of him.

Levi should not get another game.

Our matchups and decisions like not tagging Mitchell is insanity.

All in all expected the result and happy we played a decent second half. The first was a mess.
Levi should retire.
We should trade SPS to Freo in exchange for Cerra.

In a game plan and team as poorly skilled as ours Casboult is singled out......

FMD, I just don’t get it. Charlie was just as s**t.

Have a look at a passage of play in the first quarter, Polson has the ball between wing and half forward. Casboult leads into space with his man trailing and only space between him, the boundary and Polson.
Result, Polson puts the ball behind Casboult and to the favour of Casboult’s man. Casboult’s man marks the ball.
Polson needed the skill of an under 14s player to put the ball to Casboult’s favour, yet couldn’t get it done.
Lockett, Ablett Snr & Dunstall would be second rate forwards in our current team.
Curnow deals with far more attention and isn’t completely useless at ground level.

:D
Really?

I must have missed the part where they’re constantly praising him. I’d take what Bolton says about a defender with a grain of salt too seeing as it took him half a season to realise O’Shea shouldn’t be playing.

Jones would have been dropped earlier this season if it wasn’t for our injury woes.

But I’m sure Paul Roos etc just have some ridiculous agenda against Jones. They say he does some good things like take big intercept marks, but they also rightly point out how loose he is with his opponent.

He’s had tall forwards towel him up all year, and it’s not just from their midfielders giving his opponent silver service.
Golly.

You back Pauk Roos ideas about our team and list over our coach and list manager?

He's a part time commentator who turns up 5 min before the game.

This is the same Paul Roos that thought Shane Edwards name was Shaun Edwards even though he's been in the system for 10 years. Haha.:D

Thanks for playing.

:D
Golly.

You back Pauk Roos ideas about our team and list over our coach and list manager?

He's a part time commentator who turns up 5 min before the game.

This is the same Paul Roos that thought Shane Edwards name was Shaun Edwards even though he's been in the system for 10 years. Haha.:D

Thanks for playing.
I’m backing his opinion on his defensive game where he’s sitting there watching him defend while he commentates.

He has done several of our games this year.

This has nothing to do with list management for *s sake.

Some really encouraging pieces of play on display today - look forward to the day when players as a group start making better disposal decisions - will make a huge difference to competitiveness. Kennedy played a blinder in second half along with Cripps and Pickett brought a smile to my dial with that great run and kick to Cripps for a goal. LoB will develop into a kicking weapon over the next couple of years. Can see why they gave Polson an extra 2 years- he has some pace - but disposal needs improving. Weitering coming back to best form again - I'm off to the Weitering thread to read up again about how he should be traded.

Im so used to injuries in Q1 - I didn't bat an eye when we went down 2 players today. Hope Fisher's isn't season ending - Tom Mitchell really got a few too many cheapies when Fish went off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought team fought game out despite lack of rotations due to our injuries. I have to ask myself are we the club with the worst luck with in-game injuries this year? Still not sure what our game plan is, players look perplexed when they get the ball. There appears to be no system and there is no run and spread like other sides. They are playing unaccountable football. Other teams do it much better. Is it lack of proper game plan or just lack of quality runners? Can’t figure out Harry's set shot kicking for goal, appeared to have the "yips". Polson showed something, but gets caught too easily. Good games from Cripps (although physically targeted) Fish (until injured), Samo better, Martchy, Weiters,etc. Casboult, Shaw & Wright should never get another game for this club,. Give Schumaker a game next week had 20 odds possessions in the twos. We'll be a depleted side next week. It's getting unbearable to watch.

Based on form. Weitering, Plowman and Marchbank
Wouldn’t kick any of those three defenders of the future out for Jones.

Plowman plays a different role so not booting him out.

Marchbank has been cruelled by injury since midway through last year.

Weitering has been worse than Jones but he’s also only played three years of AFL footy.

Would much rather go with him in an intercept defender role than Jones going into next season. I’m not thinking about short term. I’m worrying about long term.

Was good to hear the Hawks supporters at the game whinging about the umpires. Now they know the feeling of being on the wrong end of umpiring despite having the rub of the green every other game

Interesting reactions overall from their supporters. They aren't taking well to being a mid-range team with virtually no good young players to speak of. They'll win their share of games by being a disciplined, tough team, but they're miles away from being truly competitive. The body language after the game was telling - Sunday games aren't what they used to be.

Going to be hard for the youngsters to play out the season with much enthusiasm. Just hoping we can limp through without any more ridiculous injuries, it is really hurting our development.

Still had some good passages of play, a bit too few and far between though.

Sick of being bullied by this bunch of poo and wee snipers. Hoping this is the last time.

big difference between awful and can't play or is usless
The implication is much the same. In essence, there is no coming back from awful, not at a level you need them to be at. If I had to pick between them, I prefer the closure of the other terms, to be honest.

Last edited:
Is there some bad blood between Mitchell’s father, Barry, and Carlton? Just wondering.

He had a major run in with Pagan when they were both on the coaching staff. It is the famous story where all the coaches were based on one side of the ground and Mitchell had an office on the other side.

I’m backing his opinion on his defensive game where he’s sitting there watching him defend while he commentates.

He has done several of our games this year.

This has nothing to do with list management for ****s sake.
List manager rates him and watches the games. He has a good opinion of him.

I can't remember the game but poor old Roosys was blaming Jones for mistakes of other players .

Jones makes mistakes but this nonsense that we're better off with him injured is pretty poor .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back