Autopsy Rd 18 v Hawks - There is nothing to say

Remove this Banner Ad

In a game plan and team as poorly skilled as ours Casboult is singled out......

FMD, I just don’t get it. Charlie was just as s**t.

Have a look at a passage of play in the first quarter, Polson has the ball between wing and half forward. Casboult leads into space with his man trailing and only space between him, the boundary and Polson.
Result, Polson puts the ball behind Casboult and to the favour of Casboult’s man. Casboult’s man marks the ball.
Polson needed the skill of an under 14s player to put the ball to Casboult’s favour, yet couldn’t get it done.
Lockett, Ablett Snr & Dunstall would be second rate forwards in our current team.

Jones loves an intercept mark and a big spoil as the loose defender in a marking contest.

But he also loves completely disregarding where his man is or giving him far too much space. In a zone defence that leaves the rest of the defence scrambling to cover him.

I don’t know if we necessarily looked better with him off because I think the Hawks took the foot off the gas a bit.

But Jones has been a liability all year.
I don’t think the coaching staff think he has been a liability.

Sorry but that makes little sense.
Which bit?

Heart rate being raised can be due to not being fit enough amongst other external factors. Especially when you look at someone like Kreuzer who is most the way through his career and never shown it before.

Contact injuries certainly happen more if you aren’t strong enough. You obviously aren’t protected as well. Plus fitness being an issue as the more tired you are the worse positions you tend to put yourself in as your core and stabilising muscles don’t allow you to rebalance/ avoid dangerous positions as fast as you could if you weren’t gassed.

I’m obviously not saying this accounts for all contact injuries but it certainly does make sense and is a well known cause of contact injuries.

End the season now please ... what’s the point of turning up for the last month if this is what we’re up for.
Three weeks in a row over 10 goal hidings all from sides outside the 8 before we played them.

after 10 weeks next season if there aren’t at least 3 wins on the board bolts goes. Boys against men blah blah blah heard it all too much this year. The losses and the way we have played for most of the season is unacceptable ... people are starting to feel sorry for us and that says it all. We’re having the worst season in the history of the club people.... let that sink in for a minute and then pray to god next season it improves because if it doesn’t the bloodshed will be massive!

Bartender, give this guy a water.

C'mon mate. You must be the only supporter that doesn't understand our current position in terms of experience, leadership, injury and age demographic. This is the young group that will ultimately get us there. Have patience.

We are horrible....cant wait till this season is over .....the players need a holiday to get away from this negative environment called game day....this cant be good for the players psych....Mitchell another 40+ but lets tag Smith....

Which bit?

Heart rate being raised can be due to not being fit enough amongst other external factors. Especially when you look at someone like Kreuzer who is most the way through his career and never shown it before.

Contact injuries certainly happen more if you aren’t strong enough. You obviously aren’t protected as well. Plus fitness being an issue as the more tired you are the worse positions you tend to put yourself in as your core and stabilising muscles don’t allow you to rebalance/ avoid dangerous positions as fast as you could if you weren’t gassed.

I’m obviously not saying this accounts for all contact injuries but it certainly does make sense and is a well known cause of contact injuries.

Right, fair enough. You are basically speculating without any real fact of what has happened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

make or break what? this will happen again next season - be prepared
Bolton can't afford for this to happen again next year. One win simply isn't good enough, SOS has to get it right this offseason and bring in some decent players to help the kids. Our kids just aren't going to improve with these sort of results.

Really,
Coaching staff and list manager reckon he's a great story.

But all those AFL lists you've built say otherwise no doubt.
Here it is. Was waiting to see how long it would be before someone mentions his AFL comeback. H

He made a good comeback last year. So bloody what? Does that just make him free from criticism? What does that have to do with his performance this year?

Why is it that so many on here see Jones as someone free from criticism?

He’s a liability defending his own man. He thinks far too highly of his kicking agility. Paul Roos and several other AFL legends have been saying it all year. I think Paul Roos knows a thing or two about defending.

We will never have an organised defence while teams continue to exploit his blatant defensive problems.

Was better than all of Dow, O’Brien, Marchbank, Shaw, Casboult, Mckay and perhaps a couple others.
dow was ordinary - the rest you mentioned are finished or underdone - he was still awful

Remove this Banner Ad

Back