Autopsy Rd 19 Coachkilling Blues smashed by last placed Roos

Who played well for the Blues in Round 19 vs the Roos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Frustrating to watch.You forget he’s out there at times.

I can cop the club bringing in Saad and Williams on inflated contracts, but we’ve so far paid this pretender 1.6 mil for some of the most pedestrian football you will see.

Today in the absence of McKay he needed to stand up and kick 3 or 4, and he went missing once again.

I think the club has to start genuinely thinking about whether we want these type of contracts on our books at this stage of our development. We are clearly not even close to a finals caliber team.

He’s our version of Chad Wingard.
Plays the same as he did on he gold coast, conditionally.

Dropped an easy mark in the F50 and a certain shot on goal. Kicked one nice goal and did SFA all for the rest of the game

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Let’s all get real
Finals were never a chance
But losing to north hurt today for me
But yep
Regroup and the thing that stood out to me was if north marked
The player shout point to the ground and Ron forward that
The other
Don’t give the ball to opposition within a second after free
Like hello !
Be professional and pretent who the feee kick is for
We are dumbass !!

Some things we thought we knew but completely confirmed today:
Cripps has no idea how to play forward
Cripps is a liability on defensive transition
Kennedy, Cripps, Curnow … three into one doesn’t work
SPS has neither the vigor or commitment to be a consistent AFL mid. Must be traded.
Dow has a decent inside/clearance game but disposal continue to be suspect
Dow is a liability on defensive transition
Williamson, Cottrell have no composure under pressure and that’s a very hard trait to improve
Our goal kicking is terrible and constantly kills momentum
Our tackling is the worst in the league. Embarrassing how many times the opposition shrugs off our tackles.

and a couple of other points …
Not sure why Murphy is targeted on today’s performance. He is nowhere near our biggest issue.
TDK showed signs but was absolutely slaughtered in the ruck - we have no solution on the list to support him at the moment.
Stocker was terrible today; Betts injured but no impact; Weitering worst game of the year?

Teague? Must be furious at the players. Wonder what responsibility he takes?

I think I’ve come to the conclusion that SPS needs to be moved on, one of too many conditional footballers we have, sadly he just doesn’t look like he gives anywhere enough effort period, he’s a shadow of the player he once early on was and should be when we drafted him...

There’s a whole host of reasons why we continue to be so poor in most areas that matter, it’s seems time unfortunately again there will be and needs to be another clean out in all the areas of positions that we absolutely suck in once again...
Yay... fmd...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who is doing the Saints preview?

In: Kemp, Curnow, Ramsay, LOB, Honey, McKay, Carroll
Out: Williams (inj), Betts (rested), Cottrell, Owies, Fisher, Murphy (sub), SPS, Newman

Plowman Weitering Stocker
Saad Jones Ramsay

Newnes Dow O'Brien
De Koning Kennedy Walsh

Kemp C Curnow Honey
Silvagni McKay Martin

Carroll, Williamson, E Curnow, Cripps

Last edited:
The players had a chance to make finals. A chance to save Teague’s job. I know we’ve had injuries but that performance from the 22 who played was terrible. North had it too easy the second half.

Whether it was lack of system or lack of effort - or both - that game must seal our coach’s fate.

Every year it seems like we choke to a poor team when given a faint whiff of finals. Something is very wrong.

If that’s the case it’s not by much, but they are putting together an enviable team.

Would kill for a current and future midfield of Simpkin, Thomas, LDU, Stephenson, Phillips and Powell.
Thomas is a HFF who average about 15 touches. Simpkin is 3 years older than Walsh. LDU and Philips look good. Remember we've got Cuningham, Stocker, Caroll, Kemp, Philp coming through who didn't play in the midfield today.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thank you Murph for your service but it’s time for this club to show they will not reward games, I don’t care who you are.
I know he was a big part of this club for many years but same way my employer would hand me my ass if my performance deteriorated so bad over my 15 years of service - it’s also time for Murph to eff off with his pathetic efforts.

JSOS - always gives 100%

Not much else to say apart from sadly, cya Teague
JSOS was pretty poor today I thought (apart from TDK, waksh and dow I don't really think anyone was good)

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Who is doing the Saints preview?

In: Kemp, Curnow, Ramsay, LOB, Honey, McKay
Out: Williams (inj), Betts (rested), Cottrell, Owies, Fisher, Murphy (sub), SPS

Plowman Weitering Newman
Saad Jones Kemp

Newnes Kennedy O'Brien
De Koning Cripps Walsh

Martin C Curnow Honey
Silvagni McKay Martin

Dow, Williamson, E Curnow, Ramsay

Are you being sarcastic to me???? Teasing ??

Many premiership coaches wouldn’t tolerate the lack of defensive effort.

I really hope the next coach we bring in is a little more alpha and not as nice and considerate as good guy Teague.

I know he’s levelled a few sprays at the group, but could you imagine him bailing up a player and really rattling them over a poor defensive effort?

Back