Autopsy Rd 3 Blues beat Giants - We're not putting that one in a time capsule

Who played well for the Blues in Round 3 versus GWS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Did he actually say that....? Holy s**t, that's next level ridiculous.

So even if there was not a mistake made, GWS reckon there was so we (the AFL???) should admit it?

Unless Kingsley is deliberately trying to build an "Us vs. the world" mentality in that club, I can see him being out the door in the next two years. That's not the response of a mature and capable senior coach, that's the response of a petulant sore loser seeking to shift the blame rather than focus on areas for improvement. If your senior coach is making those public comments, then you're fostering a similar mindset in your players, whereby poor results can be blamed on external factors.

Yes he did BB :-

1/2 way down the page

Agreed. I thought Crippas game, was good not great, was over rated and his disposal was poor before I looked at the stats or read the CD comments. I think people are getting carried away with the Stats of 42 possession.
It isn't Cripp's job to have a fantastic DE% is it?

They also said Saad was 3rd best on ground. Shows their stats don't tell the real story.
Well... that's not a ridiculous proposition. If we are blaming the condition of the ground for poor disposal efficiency from Cripps (and I do, I thought Cripps was much better in the actual game than the Champion Data numbers would suggest), then we should also give Saad significant credit for having 25 at 87% efficiency in the same slop. He could go at 80+% on an ice rink, and has had a superb couple of weeks (I reckon he gave Stengle as bad a beating as he has had in a Geelong jumper). I left Saad out of my votes, but I should not have.

Did he actually say that....? Holy s**t, that's next level ridiculous.

So even if there was not a mistake made, GWS reckon there was so we (the AFL???) should admit it?

Unless Kingsley is deliberately trying to build an "Us vs. the world" mentality in that club, I can see him being out the door in the next two years. That's not the response of a mature and capable senior coach, that's the response of a petulant sore loser seeking to shift the blame rather than focus on areas for improvement. If your senior coach is making those public comments, then you're fostering a similar mindset in your players, whereby poor results can be blamed on external factors.
Totally agree - it's the sort of rubbish you expect to hear/read day in, day out at NRL post-match press conferences, where nobody except "the ref" is ever to blame for anything. One of the major points of difference between the codes is the maturity and responsibility with which AFL coaches conduct themselves in the post-match (yes, even the Scott brothers...) - Kingsley would not want to make himself an outlier.

Totally agree - it's the sort of rubbish you expect to hear/read day in, day out at NRL post-match press conferences, where nobody except "the ref" is ever to blame for anything. One of the major points of difference between the codes is the maturity and responsibility with which AFL coaches conduct themselves in the post-match (yes, even the Scott brothers...) - Kingsley would not want to make himself an outlier.
it's this "I back my boys" stupidity.......

Back