Preview 2021 Rd 5 - Richmond vs St Kilda at Docklands Thursday 15/4 7.20pm AEST - Conspiracies, Comparisons and the Moorabbin Rasputitsa

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pay the obvious ones. If it's a 50/50 call it's play on. That's all we ask. Too many umpires actively looking to pay free kicks instead of openly interpreting the rules and only intervening when necessary. Unfortunately in this business you don't make a name for yourself by being a good umpire...
This 100%. Game is much more watchable only paying the obvious ones. Fans don’t really get angry at umps when one of their players is pinged HTB when clearly dropping the ball. It’s the 50/50 ones that draw potential bias

This 100%. Game is much more watchable only paying the obvious ones. Fans don’t really get angry at umps when one of their players is pinged HTB when clearly dropping the ball. It’s the 50/50 ones that draw potential bias
Yep, exactly. It's when it's a discretionary call and the umpire pays it once then ignores it the next time that invites the perception of bias. Especially when they seem to only pay it one way. I don't expect perfect umpiring, I just expect consistent umpiring.

In the post match presser, Dimma banged on about Hugo Ralph-Smith (although called him Sean...his dads name!) saying HRS would have been picked if he was t suspended....and then said would be available this week for selection

i reckons pencil HRS in this week

Dimma suggested the game these days suits Naishy...so we an expect to have him selected soonish

KMac will be available for selection given his 12 day period is on the day of the Aints game

didnt mention CCJ...I guess that’s because he won’t be available for selection until round 5...whenever that is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw that.

Yet didnt the ump tell Bachar "We have to pay it"?
The players are conditioned to listen for a whistle. That's why there is a whistle, it cuts through the background noise. You can't expect a player to hear you mutter 'play on' from thirty meters away with the roar of the crowd. Was a ridiculous call and an even more ridiculous explanation.

"Their list of past players reads like a veritable ‘Who’s That?’ of football legends."

Red wine came out my nose and now it hurts like the nurse forgot to take the covid stick out.
Saw that.

Yet didnt the ump tell Bachar "We have to pay it"?

The umps all talk crap to suit the moment.

The players are conditioned to listen for a whistle. That's why there is a whistle, it cuts through the background noise. You can't expect a player to hear you mutter 'play on' from thirty meters away with the roar of the crowd. Was a ridiculous call and an even more ridiculous explanation.
Never forget. Ever.

Not only that Bachar was tackled as soon as he marked it and was pinned, so he had no prior anyway.
And who would make a genuine attempt if you marked it ? He started punching the ball a few seconds in too. Was never a free. Thinking about it pisses me off more.

In the post match presser, Dimma banged on about Hugo Ralph-Smith (although called him Sean...his dads name!)

Sorry to be pedantic, but I've seen it a few times and we should get it right for the kid's debut this week - it's Ralphsmith, no hyphen. ;)

Does beg the question about what exactly his distant ancestor used to manufacture to end up with that surname...

My best guess is that he made cages for wolves, or was the town drunk.

Baffles me that the standard of umpiring is completely different from finals too home and away.

In finals they pay the obvious ones. Can't they do it all the time. Do they have some quota of frees to pay . Our game is actually a joke when you consider the game is umpired differently just because it's a final. It should be the same across everything.

The thing is that if you watch it back you will see that as soon as Houli understood it to be play on he attempted to get rid of the ball. By all definitions this is a ball up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back