Autopsy Roast & toast vs St Kilda, changes for Brisbane, Thursday June 29

Best vs Saints

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't read through the whole thread but has anyone mentioned Max King's second goal should have been a free to Balta for high contact? Combine that with his questionable first mark and could (should) have been held to 0 goals..
View attachment 1718705
Yeah I noticed it live on CH7. Commentators said it was good use of the body by King. Campaigner has him by the throat.

He lacks the run, spread and endurance. He's a stoppage/clearance mid, not the one you have doing kms up and down the ground on the outside.
Exactly.
JGTI is a Clydesdale in comparison to Hopper who’s a Group 1 thoroughbred in comparison He’s not of the Winx class, but more of the multiple Group one winning horse who was as tough as nails in Soho Square. SS won the Doncaster Hcp and many big races not bc of speed , but bc of sheer hardness and strength. You pop Hopper in the guts and he goes in hard at the CB and stoppages against another Group one horse and he goes probably 50:50 against him. Then for the rest of the game they’re chasing each other’s tails. You put Graham on the thoroughbred and he will run a lot of km with very little impact as he‘ll be chasing arseholes all day. You don’t get any benefits from playing a Clydesdale over a Group one thoroughbred.

Last edited:

Unpopular opinion but Pickett shouldn't be an automatic inclusion.
I don't think his form has been that strong, and with some good recent performances and Hopper due to return, there's not a heap of available spots for him. Not to mention there's the grey area and distraction of the pretty serious charges hanging over his head.

Ross is playing better footy atm than Pickett too, no way do you make Ross the sub to play Pickett.

Hopper should come in IMO, as long as the club doesn't do a Soldo to him and play him too early for his injury.

Probably the changes that least upset the apple cart would be to drop Ralphsmith, move someone like MRJ (or Clarke) to the sub position, and bring in Hopper.

That's enough for me this week.
didnt even know ralphsmith played

Brisbane playing well away from home against the Saints , we will need to be on our game if we are to win. Brisbane against the Saints look a strong marking side similar to us so we will need to keep the likes of Andrews, Daniher and Hipwood accountable. Tall forwards have been an issue for us in recent years so Balta will need to out body him and rely on others for backup

Last edited:
Brisbane playing well away from home against the Saints , we will need to be on our game if we are to win. Brisbane against the Saints look a strong marking side similar to us so we will need to keep the likes of Andrews and Daniher accountable. Tall forwards have been an issue for us in recent years so Balta will need to out body him and rely on others for backup
Hipwood playing as well as well as I’ve ever seen him ,,,,reckon Balta goes to him, send young to joe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They beat St Kilda in the air.
We better be all over their talls in marking contests.
Umps we all know will find a way to rort us.
Noticed a sneaky tactic coming into the game.
The free taker moving off his line in an instant then stopping trying to make the man on the mark move off his line and incur a 50 metre penalty,Lions did it tonight.

Now you've done it, gone and jinxed us. Same as my wife saying at 3 quarter time when the Tiges are up "surely they cant lose from here"
Nothing good ever comes from that sentence.

Yeah I noticed it live on CH7. Commentators said it was good use of the body by King. Campaigner has him by the throat.
King is already one of those players who the bad commentators (and that's most of them) will continuously wet themselves over even when he does something wrong.

Noticed a sneaky tactic coming into the game.
The free taker moving off his line in an instant then stopping trying to make the man on the mark move off his line and incur a 50 metre penalty,Lions did it tonight.
No surprise there. A big part of their game plan always seems to be finding a way to get their opponents to give away a free. Usually by retaliating to some form of cheap shot.

It's about time we beat these fake tough guys on their own shithole. We've lost the last 3 times against them there.

No surprise there. A big part of their game plan always seems to be finding a way to get their opponents to give away a free. Usually by retaliating to some form of cheap shot.

It's about time we beat these fake tough guys on their own shithole. We've lost the last 3 times against them there.
And watch out for ‘floppy’ Neale. Goes limp when caught in a tackle.

Nope other way around as Joe is more experienced, stronger and physically bigger than Young.
this is going to be Young's biggest test by miles with Danaher and Hipster being no donkeys + a resting ruckers (what a wank you can't say ruckmen anymore) having an occasional rest forward. we know balta can hold his own, youngs performace against top quality but inconsistent talls will be crucial.

Back