Autopsy Roast & toast vs St Kilda, changes for Brisbane, Thursday June 29

Best vs Saints

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't read through the whole thread but has anyone mentioned Max King's second goal should have been a free to Balta for high contact? Combine that with his questionable first mark and could (should) have been held to 0 goals..
View attachment 1718705
i spewed about it when it happened

made the win sweeter

what a dick

I haven't read through the whole thread but has anyone mentioned Max King's second goal should have been a free to Balta for high contact? Combine that with his questionable first mark and could (should) have been held to 0 goals..
View attachment 1718705
Yeah I’m with you on that and still annoyed about it. Absolutely disgraceful allowing a player to get away with that. Commentators and media just swept it under the carpet as if it didn’t happen. Would’ve loved to see Balta do it back to the little sook.

Hopper could easily play wing and its Kmac‘s spot to fight for as he’s been up and mainly down all season. I still think Hopper should replace our Clydesdale in JGTI. HOPPER can tag just as good when needed to, but at the same time needs close attending to by his own opponent. I really missed the melts last night with no team selection and can’t wait for next week as I think the melts rating could peak to a record high.

Hopper could easily play wing and its Kmac‘s spot to fight for as he’s been up and mainly down all season. I still think Hopper should replace our Clydesdale in JGTI. HOPPER can tag just as good when needed to, but at the same time needs close attending to by his own opponent. I really missed the melts last night with no team selection and can’t wait for next week as I think the melts rating could peak to a record high.
Pickett would be first in line for the wing spot. I can't see kmac getting dropped. Hopper for JG makes sense but again I think Clarke might be sub.

I hope Ryan gets up. The bye week is good for something. If Ryan doesn't play, Pickett in his position.

Hopper could easily play wing and its Kmac‘s spot to fight for as he’s been up and mainly down all season. I still think Hopper should replace our Clydesdale in JGTI. HOPPER can tag just as good when needed to, but at the same time needs close attending to by his own opponent.
I concur. Graham is the obvious one to go out, which means it will probably be Ross.

I'm still not convinced that a premiership player will ever be dropped until it happens.

Cheat league will send in the big guns for next Thursday O’Gornan , Deboy and Fischer nothing more surer .

there are 4 umps, and the 4th will be razor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopper isn't your high endurance transition mid. More a see ball, get ball type. He's probably the opposite of Jack Graham, and I can't see him being able to play that defensive half forward role. Prestia is probably more suited if we have to push someone out of the midfield.

Wouldn't have thought so. Doesn't have the tank.

Hopper isn't your high endurance transition mid. More a see ball, get ball type. He's probably the opposite of Jack Graham, and I can't see him being able to play that defensive half forward role. Prestia is probably more suited if we have to push someone out of the midfield.
Funnily enough, Graham is literally Taranto but with 50 odd draft picks in-between. They both really highlight the difference in class between a top 5 pick and everything else. Everything Graham can do, Taranto can do with more class and efficiency.

Cheat league will send in the big guns for next Thursday O’Gornan , Deboy and Fischer nothing more surer .
must be nice to be a pies fan and not have to look at the umpires sheet before the team sheet before games

He lacks the run, spread and endurance. He's a stoppage/clearance mid, not the one you have doing kms up and down the ground on the outside.

He lacks the run, spread and endurance. He's a stoppage/clearance mid, not the one you have doing kms up and down the ground on the outside.
let him build up his fitness in the vfl for a few weeks imo

you only rush campaigners back if they improve the team immediately

dont wanna upset the team synergy right now. we're on fire

Impressed by Judson so far, always finds the right space, great pass to Bakes.
Hope Samson is fit, came through the Brisbane academy, will serve them right.
In: Hop, Pickett.
Out: HR, MR.
Ross as sub.

Unpopular opinion but Pickett shouldn't be an automatic inclusion.
I don't think his form has been that strong, and with some good recent performances and Hopper due to return, there's not a heap of available spots for him. Not to mention there's the grey area and distraction of the pretty serious charges hanging over his head.

Ross is playing better footy atm than Pickett too, no way do you make Ross the sub to play Pickett.

let him build up his fitness in the vfl for a few weeks imo

dont wanna upset the team synergy right now. we're on fire

Hopper should come in IMO, as long as the club doesn't do a Soldo to him and play him too early for his injury.

Probably the changes that least upset the apple cart would be to drop Ralphsmith, move someone like MRJ (or Clarke) to the sub position, and bring in Hopper.

That's enough for me this week.

Unpopular opinion but Pickett shouldn't be an automatic inclusion.
I don't think his form has been that strong, and with some good recent performances and Hopper due to return, there's not a heap of available spots for him. Not to mention there's the grey area and distraction of the pretty serious charges hanging over his head.

Ross is playing better footy atm than Pickett too, no way do you make Ross the sub to play Pickett.

Hopper should come in IMO, as long as the club doesn't do a Soldo to him and play him too early for his injury.

Probably the changes that least upset the apple cart would be to drop Ralphsmith, move someone like MRJ (or Clarke) to the sub position, and bring in Hopper.

That's enough for me this week.
no way they wont include pickett

Back