Preview Rd 7. SUNS vs Melbourne @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Did'nt think we played to badly in first half , but with 2 mids gone we where beaten badly . Next week we are going in with 9 of our best 22 out , very much deja vu from last year . We can look at it 2 ways , we are the unluckiest team in the AFL by a fair way , or we are recruiting guys who are injury prone , i think the truth lies in between.
Or the fitness staff are no good. But the injuries all seem kind of random, so I think it might just be luck.

Or the fitness staff are no good. But the injuries all seem kind of random, so I think it might just be luck.

Not sure it is the fitness staff you look at our injuries

Swallow - impact injury
O'Meara - impact injury player falling across leg
Rischitelli - impact injury swallow ripping his arm away
Hallahan - broken foot impact injury
Sexton - impact injury in pack
Rosa - soft tissue
Thompson - rolled ankle
McKenzie - rolled ankle
Fiorini - impact injury
Miller - rolled ankle
Prestia - knee injury impact

Rosa is the only soft tissue injury there , rest are impact , but it has happened back to back years now and our supporters have had enough . We really do need some durable harder bodies in the contest.

Did'nt think we played to badly in first half , but with 2 mids gone we where beaten badly . Next week we are going in with 9 of our best 22 out , very much deja vu from last year . We can look at it 2 ways , we are the unluckiest team in the AFL by a fair way , or we are recruiting guys who are injury prone , i think the truth lies in between.[/QUOTE]

I between as in inbetween our legs are soft utensils

According to some Dees Nuffie on the main board it's all our "bogan coast" piss-swilling culture and B-grade football department that makes us so pathetic :rolleyes: talk about a sore winner. Still putting the boot in.
Hearing that from a club that hasn't won a flag for 52 years and is known for their Chardonnay set hitting the slopes is really quite amusing.
The more I look at it, the root cause always comes back to our injuries to key players. We will keep losing until we can find some thing resembling our best side and start to build up depth to cover. We still don't have that depth. We can overpay through trades to acquire this or take the longer route through the draft or option C, use a mix of both.

According to some Dees Nuffie on the main board it's all our "bogan coast" piss-swilling culture and B-grade football department that makes us so pathetic :rolleyes: talk about a sore winner. Still putting the boot in.
Hearing that from a club that hasn't won a flag for 52 years and is known for their Chardonnay set hitting the slopes is really quite amusing.
The more I look at it, the root cause always comes back to our injuries to key players. We will keep losing until we can find some thing resembling our best side and start to build up depth to cover. We still don't have that depth. We can overpay through trades to acquire this or take the longer route through the draft or option C, use a mix of both.
Agreed. Look at how well Collingwood and Fremantle are going with injuries.

Plenty of Bogan Dee's fans on the trams on the way home, hard to bring them down a peg though when our club doesn't give a Yelp

Paul Roos isn't old school. He is in to player psychology. I think Alastair Clarkson comes across more oldschool than he is because of his anger in the coaching box, but I think he sticks up for his players more than Eade.

I think Eade is very critical of some players and when you see them down in confidence, you have to wonder if what he is doing is more harm than good. I think Malthouse said something about needing to be able to read which players need to be criticised hard, and which players needed a hug. I don't know if Rocket has that skill :D
Well the players better turn their phones off, not listen to the radio or watch tv because there is going to be a tidal wave of negativity coming their way.

def think Rocket switched tack in his presser he definitely knows it isn't a one week aberration like the Geelong game was thought to be and knows he has huge flaws in attitude, confidence, manpower and teamwork - no silver bullet for what ails us, long road ahead I think

Not sure it is the fitness staff you look at our injuries

Swallow - impact injury
O'Meara - impact injury player falling across leg
Rischitelli - impact injury swallow ripping his arm away
Hallahan - broken foot impact injury
Sexton - impact injury in pack
Rosa - soft tissue
Thompson - rolled ankle
McKenzie - rolled ankle
Fiorini - impact injury
Miller - rolled ankle
Prestia - knee injury impact

Rosa is the only soft tissue injury there , rest are impact , but it has happened back to back years now and our supporters have had enough . We really do need some durable harder bodies in the contest.
Ablett - back injury impact from Cunnington's sniper knees.

No suprise he was a old Brisbane lions supporter who jumped ship when they were losing now he's going back to them haha what a flog

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he seems like a different breed of player to me for us, follows the footy hard, clean hands, CAN kick and loves to get in and under, he will be a star

Agree Thurls Iva Bigun and I have been screaming out for these guys for years now
If you're not going to get your own ball then you have to be at least as good as Daniel Wells or Harley Bennell to get a game IMO
And no-one in our team at the moment is even close to those 2 in terms of outside run and creativity

No suprise he was a old Brisbane lions supporter who jumped ship when they were losing now he's going back to them haha what a flog

Yuck. Don't want him back.

Agree Thurls Iva Bigun and I have been screaming out for these guys for years now
If you're not going to get your own ball then you have to be at least as good as Daniel Wells or Harley Bennell to get a game IMO
And no-one in our team at the moment is even close to those 2 in terms of outside run and creativity
he seems more out of the Hawthorn mould to me, Lewis, Hodge etc which we need much more of

Remove this Banner Ad

Back