• Liam Baker

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Brandon Ellis

Votes: 8 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

All the sooking about Ablett's miss.

No mention of Caddy missing the easy set shot. Or Riewoldt missing the snap he kicks 99 times out of 100. Or Castagna's easy snap over the shoulder he didn't register a score with. We stuffed more chances in the last then they did. They didn't deserve to win.

Or nanks miss from 5 mtrs when a handball to Edwards was on for a certain goal.

All the sooking about Ablett's miss.

No mention of Caddy missing the easy set shot. Or Riewoldt missing the snap he kicks 99 times out of 100. Or Castagna's easy snap over the shoulder he didn't register a score with. We stuffed more chances in the last then they did. They didn't deserve to win.
Funnily enough, they didn't win

Congratulations on the win.

Here are the midfield frequency stats for the match. If you are unfamiliar with one of these posts, this is an overall summary of how often players lined up as one of your 5 mids at centre bounces.

There were 27 bounces.

Martin 23
Edwards 21 (15i, 6w)
Cotchin 20
Grigg 19 (15w, 4i)
McIntosh 17 wing
Lloyd 15 (13w, 2i)
Higgins 11 (10i, 1w)
Caddy 7
Rioli 2 wing

Rucks:
Nankervis 24
Grigg 3

Trialing this - see whether anybody finds the extra detail of interest:

First Half - 12 bounces
Martin 11
Edwards 8 (6i, 2w)
Lloyd 8 wing
Cotchin 8
Higgins 8 (7i, 1w)
McIntosh 8 wing
Grigg 7 (4w, 3i)
Rioli 1 wing
Caddy 1

2nd Half - 15 bounces
Edwards 13 (9i, 4w)
Martin 12
Cotchin 12
Grigg 12 (11w, 1i)
McIntosh 9 wing
Lloyd 7 (5w, 2i)
Caddy 6
Higgins 3
Rioli 1 wing

Notes:
- Most midfield starts ever for Lloyd in an analysed game. Worth noting only 1 of his previous 5 games this season (Rd 5 - 11 starts) fell in analysed games though, so very possible Rd 7 or 8 had more.
- Equal most starts for Higgins in analysed games.
- 2nd highest starts for Edwards in analysed games this season (9 other matches analysed).
- Second straight game that Menadue has played back and hasn't received even a token wing start.

Last edited:
Out: Baker, Menadue & Townsend (Omitted)
In: Moore, Stengle & Naish

Prestia, Houli, Graham and Butler to get one more week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Good win in the end. Would of liked for us to hold our dominance but geelong has had the tendancy to win close ones and come from nowhere , eg; vs melb so a good win to hold on too. We cant smash em every game so the fact we won crucial clearnces at the death impressed me. We always seemed to be a hand or arms length away from em

Our contested possessions have been down for weeks. We really need to fix that up over the next month.

How though? It's one of the hardest areas to address without shaking up the midfield. Teams rack up stats against us. We still manage to win though.
In: Prestia, Graham, Conca, Broad (never loses a contest)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 7 news report says Kelly has not re-signed at Geelong and both WC and Freo are interested for him to return to WA.
If Gaff goes to St Kilda, as they have expressed the intent, WC will have salary space.
I have not watched the entire match but we failed to clamp down in the final quarter.
A passage of play in which we allowed the ball to dribble along the boundary line on the wing and they goaled.
We had 68 to 46 inside 50s, we should have dominated the scoreline, so Geelong was effective in rebounding out of defence.
we need to improve the quality of our fwd 50 entries so we score heavier.

Top two all but guaranteed unless we suffer a 100 point loss. Don’t care about finishing top or second.

Out: Cotch, Nank, Rance, Dusty, Jack R

In: Miles, Soldi, Garth, Naish, Moore

Seriously!

Played too many youngsters tonight

Roast : Umpire #21 Simple Simon .. jerk
It was good to see Baker, Lloyd & Menadue play well. Rioli did some nice running but wasn't great; Lambo ~ great again; Castags 5 tackles and goal were good. It was another communist Richmond game where there was even contribution from the 22. More quality disposal from Dusty wouldn't go astray. He is not really hurting opposition enough.
No injuries to us. I loved Nanks tackle on the wing. Had serious intent.
I hated us bombing it in to the 50 all night.
I noticed the Cats emulate or ruck contest strategy, and had multiple hitter outers
I liked the close finish.

I feel for Sammy Lloyd listening to his interview with BT, he knows he's fringe and living week to week. Deserves a couple weeks in the 1s to find his feet at the level again, specially against gold Coast. For me, butler is in a race against time, Lloyd is probably the next best fit.
Lloyd made a case for keeping him on the list next year. (Over Miles anyhow)

On the flipside how good is Hardwick with the media. Totally calm in the box and respectful to other clubs and players- always. Only time he loses it is when the media pot our blokes- Rance, dusty, ....lynch.
Dimma has class, Scott is nothing but trash.

DjrUPdsV4AAD2dv.jpg

Gees we must be good...

Beat the Cats by 3 points and everyone including myself isnt happy.

3 to 5 years ago beating the Cats by 3 points would have had us all circle jerking around the new flag favourites.

Also **** you umpires. That Short decision where he should have had 2 free kicks in one tackle given to him but was pinged for holding the ball was a disgrace.

Let's see Geelong's best were the superstars and a newcomer playing flat out. Richmond playing the usual game but one difference was we had so many passengers and still won. The media is right It was all about Geelong and how we are beatable even though we were well and truly not at our best and still won.
Ohh I can't leave without thanking the umpires for a terrific one-man performance as I thought they were the best of the best for Geelong.
Changes Menadue should never play again just not good enough. Loyd did not do much but didn't make as many mistakes, Baker is a trier but not ready yet. Don't start me on B Ellis as I thought he couldn't get any worse but he proved me wrong he is more of a ballerina soft as. Garth should have been in for mana and Jack said after the siren that a couple soldiers will be back next week so slowly we might end up with the side that won us that flag.

Back