Autopsy Rd23 Carlton v Essendon Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

That was the highlight of the match for me.

Watching Brock sit him on his ass was pure gold.
That happened right near me, Goddard is a soft as butter and went down like he had been shot.
Great effort by our boys against those brave Bombers. Such a shame we didnt get that last behind, summed up our whole season.
We didnt lose and looks like pick 5/6 is ours.

The players thought there was 3 minutes left and didn't want to let it through for a point because it would give Essendon back the ball and they would go end to end.

If they knew how long was left they would've punched it through.

Let's secretly install little remote controlled buzzers inside the jumpers next to the GPS trackers - when there's 5 min's to go they get 5 buzzes down to 1 min to go when it's just the one buzz! Keep it a secret now!

He also gave a couple off to senior player when he could've taken a shot himself.

I.e. When he gave it off to White when he himself was on his right side to snap.

Yeah, he needs to take his shots for goal - at least he didn't palm it off to Casboult! Casboult's hands and Watson's feet, what a combo that would be - Tony Lockett Mk11.

Watson certainly deserved his chance with his recent performances up forward with the NBs (more noteworthy given the NBs haven't been going too well and to kick multiple goals with reduced/poor delivery into the forward 50 is something that obviously was noticed prior to his elevation). Still a way for Watson to go - confidence gained as a forward in the *Essendon game expunges the bad experiences endured earlier this year when he played down back and got embarrassingly turned inside out on several occasions. Interesting that Rowe and Watson now look like establishing themselves at opposite ends of the ground to where they were originally destined to play!

Big pre-season for Watson now - he looks like he might be the survivor of the Watson, Mitchell and McCarthy triumvirate! Wishing him all the best - stronger, more agile (?), faster, more confident and bolder in 2015 knowing he has a place in the team!

Maybe it was alcohol warping my perception a little, but the last part of the game seemed to go insanely quickly.

At the game, it felt like Gleeson's goal to get us back in front was kicked with only, at most, four minutes to play. Watched the replay and turns out there was still eight and a bit minutes left at the time.

I am quietly envious that you have Menzel, by the way. Going to be an absolute star.

As I said last night, Judd was fantastic and really stepped up in Murphy's absence too.

Anyway- Carlton and Essendon draw too much. They owe us all several cardio check ups.

Maybe it was alcohol warping my perception a little, but the last part of the game seemed to go insanely quickly.

At the game, it felt like Gleeson's goal to get us back in front was kicked with only, at most, four minutes to play. Watched the replay and turns out there was still eight and a bit minutes left at the time.

I am quietly envious that you have Menzel, by the way. Going to be an absolute star.

As I said last night, Judd was fantastic and really stepped up in Murphy's absence too.

Anyway- Carlton and Essendon draw too much. They owe us all several cardio check ups.

As Pagan used to say 'it's like dancing with your sister' :(

As for the cardio check ups, I am taking my cardiologist to most games next year.

Had enough of these heart stoppers this season.

"MENZ SANA IN CORPORE SANO" :D :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As Pagan used to say 'it's like dancing with your sister' :(

As for the cardio check ups, I am taking my cardiologist to most games next year.

Had enough of these heart stoppers this season.
Carlton really did have a ridiculous run of them. Essendon had a fair number of them too, but I suspect it's more our bipolar nature as a team that gives us all heart trouble.

I've never been to a draw before, believe it or not. It's the oddest feeling- no song and 60000 people just not quite knowing what to do. In the end I just made eye contact with a few Carlton supporters on the way out and we just shook our heads and laughed. There's not much else you can do.

Game didn't make me that nervous considering the result didn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. I was convinced we'd end up losing anyway like we usually did, so a draw I guess isn't the worst case scenario :p

For Dogs to not get up for Gia and the last game is pretty ordinary.

They couldn't even show up for Griffin's 200th a few weeks back. Something not quite right with them. They lack heart. I just went on their board and told them. Not the lack of heart bit but the other stuff.

They couldn't even show up for Griffin's 200th a few weeks back. Something not quite right with them. They lack heart. I just went on their board and told them. Not the lack of heart bit but the other stuff.
Was that you under an alias suggesting they should fold? What a ******* disgraceful post if so. I tried to apologize on behalf of our Board but it had been deleted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back