Preview RD5 Cats and Eagles gather round a Crow near the Port of Adelaide or something like that

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gather round something.

Massive 60 mins v the Hawks and 15 goals later we are smelling like Roses.

Granted... 18 th on the ladder.... we were 17th at the time so let no get carried away but an emphatic win is an emphatic win.

Lets do it again now.

The Tim Kelly cup - they'll be looking to prove something as we are the hunted.

Might be a forced change or two - Bews out, Maybe Rohan.

Jezza... enough said.

Who else comes in - Bruhn with 36 in the magoos... fair effort in a losing side.
Short week for us.

GO Catters

6 day break and backing up with another 6 day break after this to a huge game against the Swans. I think we have to manage anyone sore. West Coast are massively undermanned and arguably weaker than the Hawthorn team we just played. They're battling on manfully but we really should be winning this comfortably.

SDK and Henry in for Bews and Rohan (assuming he's suspended) are the obvious changes.

Then I'd be managing a couple if anyone is sore (Danger? Tuohy? Guthrie?). Maybe Blicavs after the knee to the ribs although that makes the ruck situation tricky.

Give Parfitt and Bruhn a full game each with Dempsey or Clark as sub.

6 day break and backing up with another 6 day break after this to a huge game against the Swans. I think we have to manage anyone sore. West Coast are massively undermanned and arguably weaker than the Hawthorn team we just played. They're battling on manfully but we really should be winning this comfortably.

SDK and Henry in for Bews and Rohan (assuming he's suspended) are the obvious changes.

Then I'd be managing a couple if anyone is sore (Danger? Tuohy? Guthrie?). Maybe Blicavs after the knee to the ribs although that makes the ruck situation tricky.

Wouldn't yet be going down the managing route. Need to bank a few in a row first and know that the system is going to stand up regardless of who's playing.

Get to 5-4 and we can begin the September preparation for mine.

If Tuohy and Guthrie were carrying injuries that would almost be a relief tbh, as it would offer some explanation for the wretched form they're in.

Wouldn't yet be going down the managing route. Need to bank a few in a row first and know that the system is going to stand up regardless of who's playing.

Get to 5-4 and we can begin the September preparation for mine.

We need to be professional and get the job done but we absolutely should be doing what we need to be cherry ripe for the week after against Sydney.

West Coast had 8 players with 20 games or under last week. Hawthorn had only 5. Our least experienced player was Henry with 29 games

I think Witherden is the only one who might be coming back. They had to play a massively underdone Elliott Yeo as a key defender against Melbourne. They're a team publicly accepting they're going through a rebuild who are now in an injury crisis, missing 5 of their best 8 or so players (McGovern, Natanui, Ryan, Shuey and Cripps).

I'm not saying we rest half the team or play a bunch of kids. I'm saying we manage anyone who needs it and bring in Parfitt, Bruhn and maybe one of Clark or Dempsey.

Hopefully we continue to improve on the 2nd half of yesterday's game and build some more form and confidence. While the 2nd half of yesterday was great to watch, it was only once we've done it so far so need to back it up now and do it over a longer period of time and Play some good footy heading into the Swans game.

What are the pros and cons of this Gather Round thing? Do GFC get a share of the upwards of $14 million that the SA government shelled out to the AFL for this extra round?

Should they have picked games where the teams were due to play each other twice? Neither Geelong or West Coast fans will see this fixture at home this season. The same with Collingwood v St Kilda, Essendon v Melbourne.

Sdk for bews (some possibility sav could come out and he will eventually once j henry is back but the eagles have decent kpfs so id play sdk and sav this week).
Henry into the 22 for rohan.
Bruhn next cab off the rank as sub unless we want to give whyte or clark a taste.
Parfitt probably needs a full vfl game after no footy last week.

If we werent 1-3 id say a couple of the older guys like smith and tuohy would stay home but i doubt we risk resting many at 1-3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are the pros and cons of this Gather Round thing? Do GFC get a share of the upwards of $14 million that the SA government shelled out to the AFL for this extra round?

Should they have picked games where the teams were due to play each other twice? Neither Geelong or West Coast fans will see this fixture at home this season. The same with Collingwood v St Kilda, Essendon v Melbourne.
Each club is getting $500k from memory, the home team is nominal and aren't financially better off than the away team.

As for 2nd game, I agree. It makes no sense the way its been done.

I'd leave SDK contact free for a couple more

I agree in general for example maybe bruhn in if we rest a mid and whyte in if we rest tuohy would be ok.

But we cant rest blitz until neale is afl fit (injured) as we dont have another 2nd ruck option and i dont think we can play stanley and ceglar in the same side

Eagles will have a crack, but we should win this quite comfortably. Much needed confidence boost for the boys after yesterday, especially in that third term, 2022 footy was back, let's hope we roll on with that come Sunday.

Agree with some on here that i'll take a 4-5 goal win with no injuries, just bank the win, get to 2-3 and be ready for a fired up Sydney back home in Geelong!!

I agree in general for example maybe bruhn in if we rest a mid and whyte in if we rest tuohy would be ok.

But we cant rest blitz until neale is afl fit (injured) as we dont have another 2nd ruck option and i dont think we can play stanley and ceglar in the same side
They're playing Jake Waterman as their second ruck. I'm not saying we should rest people for the sake of it but if Blicavs is really sore after the knee to the guts I'd prefer to give him a week off. If SDK is back Sav can help out for 15% game time for one week. I'd much prefer that than risk Blics if he's struggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back