RDFL 2016 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Expect wallan to come out and have a crack early but the experience of Dean helmers coaching and of pound holland pincione wearne phillpot ramanyak boyal vianni and co should get them home

Nope clearly states with Dean Helmers coaching .... oh and it's candy not kandy !
You still seriously don't get it wow yep the experience of his coaching he is a two time premiership coach so that must have some benefit experience wise to the coaching team at the Roos no one said skip wasn't coaching except for you .... I was pointing out that clearly from a coaching and player perspective there is a lot of success and experience
Move on champ ....
By the way it states the EXPERIENCE read it again nuff nuff

Agree it's a club with passionate people get off there case .....but they need a long term plan had that last time they played finals not long ago .........the bigger question is what does the rdfl offer clubs is it structured correctly and offering the right structure to clubs as far as rock bank out to broadford ........
I don't think it does ........
Then you've got the issue of the RDFL having different goals from AFL Goldfields. I'd argue the primary focus of the RDFL is is strong and healthy competition amongst its constituent clubs. For AFL Goldfields, they really come into line under AFL Victoria and the AFL itself. Its mantra is to feed the beast that is the AFL, hence the push in Melton, as well as Eynesbury and the Gisborne Giants.

Then you've got the issue of the RDFL having different goals from AFL Goldfields. I'd argue the primary focus of the RDFL is is strong and healthy competition amongst its constituent clubs. For AFL Goldfields, they really come into line under AFL Victoria and the AFL itself. Its mantra is to feed the beast that is the AFL, hence the push in Melton, as well as Eynesbury and the Gisborne Giants.
Watch this space in the next three years !!!!
And no pointing arguing because there is nothing to argue about ....

Last edited:

I'll say it again, the clubs are the one's with the power, get together and push back a bit. If the RDFL administration tender is up for grabs, and obviously positions vacant (surely) at the net AGM then start lobbying and talk to you people you think will run the league in "your" best interests.

I'll say it again, the clubs are the one's with the power, get together and push back a bit. If the RDFL administration tender is up for grabs, and obviously positions vacant (surely) at the net AGM then start lobbying and talk to you people you think will run the league in "your" best interests.
Agree 100 %
But the problem is these presidents some keen some reluctant to even hold the roll at there clubs don't have the drive and time so those at the top can just do as they please .....
Hay doona you run for president and a few of us can join you and get things rocking and rolling :D:p

If them results take place the diggers vs broadford game will be a ripper but the loser going to lancefield on a big expansive ground may find a fight on there hands if ruppo get over Macedon ......

Dear Keston
Im a long time Bombers fan and recall 1999 Dons v Blues prelim final week.I was utensil sure Dons would win and was already organising G/f tix for following week as we where just going to win.We beat Carlton by bout 6 goals early in season then won by 12 goals in return game.Prelim was gunna be a piece of piss for sure right?Wrong.I was there when we lost.Ouch.
Whats that got to do with Rdfl you ask?
Answer :Dont count ya chickens before they hatch.
See ya Sundy.Till then be modest n be respectful.All the best.

If them results take place the diggers vs broadford game will be a ripper but the loser going to lancefield on a big expansive ground may find a fight on there hands if ruppo get over Macedon ......

Dear Keston
Im a long time Bombers fan and recall 1999 Dons v Blues prelim final week.I was utensil sure Dons would win and was already organising G/f tix for following week as we where just going to win.We beat Carlton by bout 6 goals early in season then won by 12 goals in return game.Prelim was gunna be a piece of piss for sure right?Wrong.I was there when we lost.Ouch.
Whats that got to do with Rdfl you ask?
Answer :Dont count ya chickens before they hatch.

See ya Sundy.Till then be modest n be respectful.All the best.
Won't be there be at the footy in Ballarat so perhaps the week after........
Anyway
What are you on about by only posting part of what I said doesn't make any sense see I was putting up my predictions not the results and based on past results ie broadford beating wallan very comfortably two weeks ago yes upsets happen that's why it's a ellemanation final was involved in a upset twice last year ask ruppo and riddlle if wallan win its a huge upset yes and it can happen but in all games I quoted I based it on form and results I state this respectfully perhaps you should be when your cutting and pasting posts .....

Agree 100 %
But the problem is these presidents some keen some reluctant to even hold the roll at there clubs don't have the drive and time so those at the top can just do as they please .....
Hay doona you run for president and a few of us can join you and get things rocking and rolling :D:p

As much as it's one area of footy I'd love to one day explore more (admin etc) I live in Kilmore, the senior club aren't even in the RDFL and the junior club want out too for various reasons so I highly doubt it's something for me.

Besides I spend nearly as many hours per week as I do in actual employment, doing footy related stuff so I need some time to sleep ha ha!!!

Last edited:
Are diggers going to ask for more points next year because the juniors are struggling? Dal Santo, Harvey, Petrie and Spud are looking for new homes and diggers are paying $1.30

Are diggers going to ask for more points next year because the juniors are struggling? Dal Santo, Harvey, Petrie and Spud are looking for new homes and diggers are paying $1.30

Diggers won't need them after they win this years flag by 10+ goals. The rest of the comp should just forfeit and look forward to 2017. This one is done

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My apologies. You are just the bloke that makes out on every thread you have just moved to the area and looking to play.

You are a no name nobody
unsure how attacking me has anything to do with diggers winning the flag. Clearly theirs to lose, but good on ya champ.

A SUBURBAN footballer has been handed a 36-game suspension by a league tribunal for an off-the-ball incident which left an opponent with a broken jaw.

Keilor’s Leigh Burke received the penalty at an Essendon District Football League tribunal hearing last night after an investigation which stemmed from a seniors match against Essendon Doutta Stars on August 6.

It is understood former VFL big man Simon Clarke was trying to break up a scuffle between two other players when he was struck from behind during the match.
WHACK

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back