RDFNL 2019 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, just wow.

Chris Barton had no right to play as well as he did after taking a knock early. Mahoney was brilliant again, while Angus Love just keeps getting better. Hamilton, Tabbaco, Hanson, Nickson and Stewart were all good too.

Great to see the ressies play at their best after last week. Just a pity the netball girls couldn't get up again after last weeks thrills.

Finally, the emotion on some of those long time Wallan supporters was something else. Going to be a pretty special week.

well done to Wallan on today’s wins , glad their 1’s got up after the twos given at least Rupo 2’s will be playing a 2’s side. may the best team win in all grades of footy and netball and please behave everyone.

Great w
well done to Wallan on today’s wins , glad their 1’s got up after the twos given at least Rupo 2’s will be playing a 2’s side. may the best team win in all grades of footy and netball and please behave everyone.
Great win by Wallan yesterday, I thought Diggers lost the plot yesterday & fell for the old three card trick. A much younger Wallan showed more maturity & discipline than the older more experienced opponent. No matter what happens next week, it has been a mighty effort by the team, coaches & support staff. I believe Matty Hoy has been of great support to the cockroach. A pity the GF isn't played at Romsey, on a RDFL ground with a great atmosphere.

I get the atmosphere thing,however surely u can’t play anymore finals anywhere in this league without a digital scoreboard and a time clock, I mean we are in 2019 ffs.

Don’t get me wrong, not having a go at Romsey the club, I know there is perhaps plans to get one. Surely the RDFL must shelve out if there isn’t o e and get a temp one.

Last edited:
I get the atmosphere thing,however surely u can’t play anymore finals anywhere in this league without a digital scoreboard and a time clock, I mean we are in 2019 ffs.

Don’t get me wrong, not having a go at Romsey the club, I know there is perhaps plans to get one. Surely the RDFL must shelve out if there isn’t o e and get a temp one.

That’s ordinary by the league as hiring one is not overly expensive and maybe get a sponsor to pay for it to advertise there business. 👎👎

Hats off to both Wallan and Rupo again. 3 v 5 in the GF who would have picked this. Wallan have had to beat Riddell Romsey at Romsey and Diggers. Thats form. I for one and certainly I am sure many others would agree did not see one of diggers or Riddell not being a grand final team. Therefore I think Wallan go in next week with a lot of confidence. For both clubs to have reserves also in is a super effort. No coincidence each year that the strong teams get both seniors and reserves in the GF, in an era where points means depth is everything, this is a good footprint for any club in the future.

Hats off to both Wallan and Rupo again. 3 v 5 in the GF who would have picked this. Wallan have had to beat Riddell Romsey at Romsey and Diggers. Thats form. I for one and certainly I am sure many others would agree did not see one of diggers or Riddell not being a grand final team. Therefore I think Wallan go in next week with a lot of confidence. For both clubs to have reserves also in is a super effort. No coincidence each year that the strong teams get both seniors and reserves in the GF, in an era where points means depth is everything, this is a good footprint for any club in the future.

Congratulations to Wallan on reaching the GF and especially for young Shaun Stewart who was a Doutta Stars junior and a terrific kid. He always plays well in finals and I'm sure he'll give Rupo hell.

Predictions for Grand Finals footy.
Predict rupo to pull of a hatrick finally the cards have fallen right way up overdue but will be sweat
Under 18s Rupo by 63 points
Reserves. Rupo by 17 points
SNRS. Rupo by 27 points

Predictions for Grand Finals footy.
Predict rupo to pull of a hatrick finally the cards have fallen right way up overdue but will be sweat
Under 18s Rupo by 63 points
Reserves. Rupo by 17 points
SNRS. Rupo by 27 points
Predicted top of 21 in Sunbury on Sunday so there may be some sweat around.

Hope fully the winner finds their victory very sweet.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rupo hot favourites in at least two of the footy games. I think our reserves have done more than enough to claim favourite status.

I wonder if some of our injured blokes come back in. The season has gone 4 weeks longer than anyone predicted, so you never know.

Can I ask a question without notice. How does Diggers spend the dollars years in years out when the population is a lot less than other teams ? Do they have a benefactor who tips money in each year ?
I dare say bloomdale tip in a considerable amount each year.
From an outsider looking in diggers are run extremely well I think they just make smart decisions on and off field and have developed a winning culture that people want to be apart of and stay there to be apart of.
Success breeds success

Can I ask a question without notice. How does Diggers spend the dollars years in years out when the population is a lot less than other teams ? Do they have a benefactor who tips money in each year ?

Players come in, then they only leave when they retire (for the most part).

Strong core, culture and is ran professionally off the field, as good as any.

The Black Horse was tipping in some quite decent coin, but they lost that this year

Well done to Wallan on the weekend! thoroughly deserved and just wanted it more.. Diggers were disappointing. Great that we have two teams in great form heading into the grand final and also great to see 2 genuine 2s teams in the grand final as well!
Rupo to have every team in football and netball is an amazing effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back