RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I told you the two the club were disappointed in losing, an that hasn’t changed
Sheahan isn’t one of them.

Hearing James Gaff re signed a couple days ago. He would have been another one the club would have be disappointed to lose, but looks like his on board for 2024 with a couple of mates potentially joining him.

Would Cam Manual be favourite to take out the league medal?

I don't see Cam Manuel listed in the line up tomorrow?

Last edited:
I’ll call in on my way to watch the Maine - apparently kyneton crowd will be largest they have ever had - 3000 plus

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I reckon behind closed doors they would be wrapped people are dismissing them so quickly
Or they could always name two complete sides hours before a game.

Ps, certainly not writing them off either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woodend didn't look like they were anywhere near their best today. Can't see them making the top 5 this year. Maybe today's game v Riddell would've been better

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I went up for a look today. Based on the crowd I think you can lock Kyneton v Woodend in for years to come on Good Friday. Outside of finals I’ve never seen a crowd like it, I’d guess there would have been 4,000 there. Credit to the way Kyneton set things up - everything seemed spot on to me.

I went up for a look today. Based on the crowd I think you can lock Kyneton v Woodend in for years to come on Good Friday. Outside of finals I’ve never seen a crowd like it, I’d guess there would have been 4,000 there. Credit to the way Kyneton set things up - everything seemed spot on to me.
Definitely mate. Rivals with the next town across. Hopefully Woodend can improve in the next few weeks.

I saw both kyneton and Castlemaine today - only for a small piece each but the crowd in kyneton was just unbelievable ! Seriously what a fan base the tigers have ! Castlemaine won easy in the end and had a solid crowd but nothing even compared to kyneton.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw both kyneton and Castlemaine today - only for a small piece each but the crowd in kyneton was just unbelievable ! Seriously what a fan base the tigers have ! Castlemaine won easy in the end and had a solid crowd but nothing even compared to kyneton.

Big call here but Kyneton should be were the grand final is held.

I’ve been to my fair share of local footy over the past 30 years all across the country, yesterday was by far the biggest crowd I’ve seen outside of a grand final ever.

Looking at the 2 bar lines being 30 people deep the whole time from about 1:00pm to 7:00pm it would be safe to say the Kyneton hierarchy would be waking up this morning with a very decent bank balance. Also heard they have sold more memberships after round 1 than what they sold all last year.

On the field - could someone tell me the last time a team ran out with 26 points. Looks like the club were serious when they said the move to RDFL was to give locals more of an opportunity.

Credit to Woodend, a fair bit has been said about there departures but I thought for the majority of the day they had a decent crack. They probably would have like to capalise a little more in the second quarter when Kyneton played a man short after a yellow card.

The big difference probably the fitness of the two sides, speaking to a couple yesterday one said Kyneton is getting 50-60 to training and Woodend is getting 15-20, it certainly showed yesterday as the game went on.

Kyneton had a couple of players also who were just a class above and you could definitely see that they would be been quality Bendigo league players which made a big difference.

Kyneton to have there #1 forward and midfielder to come back in over the next couple of weeks. Round 2 against Riddell shaping as an early season blockbuster

Also heard Woodend are speaking to a couple of other players who they are hopeful of signing from the EDFL in the next couple of weeks.

Very early in the season, but think Kyneton will be fighting for 2nd or 3rd and and Woodend will be fighting Macedon and Romsey for the last finals position

My final thoughts on the day
If I’m running the RDFL, I’m calling Kyneton this morning and locking the Grand Final to be hosted there.
I don’t think there is anywhere better to watch footy than up in the grandstand,

credit to all involved on an outstanding day

I’ve been to my fair share of local footy over the past 30 years all across the country, yesterday was by far the biggest crowd I’ve seen outside of a grand final ever.

Looking at the 2 bar lines being 30 people deep the whole time from about 1:00pm to 7:00pm it would be safe to say the Kyneton hierarchy would be waking up this morning with a very decent bank balance. Also heard they have sold more memberships after round 1 than what they sold all last year.

On the field - could someone tell me the last time a team ran out with 26 points. Looks like the club were serious when they said the move to RDFL was to give locals more of an opportunity.

Credit to Woodend, a fair bit has been said about there departures but I thought for the majority of the day they had a decent crack. They probably would have like to capalise a little more in the second quarter when Kyneton played a man short after a yellow card.

The big difference probably the fitness of the two sides, speaking to a couple yesterday one said Kyneton is getting 50-60 to training and Woodend is getting 15-20, it certainly showed yesterday as the game went on.

Kyneton had a couple of players also who were just a class above and you could definitely see that they would be been quality Bendigo league players which made a big difference.

Kyneton to have there #1 forward and midfielder to come back in over the next couple of weeks. Round 2 against Riddell shaping as an early season blockbuster

Also heard Woodend are speaking to a couple of other players who they are hopeful of signing from the EDFL in the next couple of weeks.

Very early in the season, but think Kyneton will be fighting for 2nd or 3rd and and Woodend will be fighting Macedon and Romsey for the last finals position

My final thoughts on the day
If I’m running the RDFL, I’m calling Kyneton this morning and locking the Grand Final to be hosted there.
I don’t think there is anywhere better to watch footy than up in the grandstand,

credit to all involved on an outstanding day

Agree with you on the grand final, I would say the rdfl officials would of been there yesterday and would be very impressed, I’ve been to rdfl grand finals and this crowd was way bigger.

The day was ran well and everything ran smoothly from the bar to the bbq and canteen

Was a good game of footy up until half time then the sting went out of the game , plenty of improvement to come from both sides I think

Agree with you on the grand final, I would say the rdfl officials would of been there yesterday and would be very impressed, I’ve been to rdfl grand finals and this crowd was way bigger.

The day was ran well and everything ran smoothly from the bar to the bbq and canteen

Was a good game of footy up until half time then the sting went out of the game , plenty of improvement to come from both sides I think
It was a good crowd but it not close to a grand final crowd. Would be a good venue for it though.

It was a good crowd but it not close to a grand final crowd. Would be a good venue for it though.

Plenty of options for finals now.

Romsey, Kyneton, Diggers, Woodend, Wallan & Riddell.

Football wise, yes Kyneton would be a great venue.

Netball though is no good.

I’m sticking with Romsey for the GF.

Plenty of options for finals now.

Romsey, Kyneton, Diggers, Woodend, Wallan & Riddell.

Football wise, yes Kyneton would be a great venue.

Netball though is no good.

I’m sticking with Romsey for the GF.

You could probably add Gisborne to that list once it's completed. It will be a fantastic venue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back