Re Saturday's game - a matchup query ?

Remove this Banner Ad

I notice that the Bears have named Brennan at CHF for Saturday's game. Just wondering who you think will get the job ?

The kid kinda scares me. Granted, I haven't seen a lot of our cross-town rivals play much this year, but every time I catch them, Brennan seems impressively cat-like in his approach. Quick, and ridiculously skillful. I know he can be the kind of player to drift in and out of a game, and I know he hasn't kicked many goals this year, but he also seems like the kind of player who could carve you up if you weren't on your game. Especially with all the focus on Bradshaw. He certainly seems to have no trouble getting a fair bit of the ball. I dunno, I could be wrong. I do know that it only takes a quarter to demolish an opposition.

Anyways, now that we have a new star CHB in Drew "Jacovich" Petrie, does JYD tempt fate by trying him out on a guy like Brennan ? His speed and skill could really embarrass our new recruit. So I would think - "surely not" - to that match-up, but I've given up trying to figure out our coach, although I know how fond he is of "our Drew".

So, failing that, who gets him ? Pez ? Schwarze ? Pratty ? Or do we scare the cr*p out of him with Spud ? Any takers ??

I would go with Perry.Is also reasonably quick, and is 'defensively minded'.I would've gone with Petrie on Bradshaw, but nobody else seems to like that match up, but its not like we don't have options, just a matter of them turning up to play.It is true that Brennan does appear at times to have sublime skills, but he also has the tendency to go missing, and occasionally tries to do too much hence gets himself all tangled up.

TBH, I'm more interested in seeing how the midfield performs.If we are on top in this area, the defensive aspects should take care of themselves.

KingyOrTheKing said:
We will lose this game. It's what I expect after last week.
In all honesty, I am never overly confident this season because of the fact that we have played out games pathetically in some instances.But we are playing a team that is terribly depleted through injury.They still have some top shelf talent running around but seriously, if we can't overcome Brisbane at TD in there current injury depleted state, we have some major major problems.

Brisbane had a virtual full team last time we played them and still won by 30 points. Thommo was on fire with 5, Wellsy picked up 30+ disposals and carved the lions apart. They had Brown and didnot even do anything. Bradshaw did **** all either. The win against the dogs was just amazing and i stil think w ecan carry that form over as the roos have changed the way they train and are ready to play the Lions.

Hopefully this will come true:
Thommo 6- goals
Wellsy 30+ possies

Schwarze, Perry, Swallow get 20+ possies and have a big effect on the game.

Finally, Roos by 25+ points.

mark73 said:
I would go with Perry.Is also reasonably quick, and is 'defensively minded'.I would've gone with Petrie on Bradshaw, but nobody else seems to like that match up, but its not like we don't have options, just a matter of them turning up to play.It is true that Brennan does appear at times to have sublime skills, but he also has the tendency to go missing, and occasionally tries to do too much hence gets himself all tangled up.

TBH, I'm more interested in seeing how the midfield performs.If we are on top in this area, the defensive aspects should take care of themselves.

Correct....can't ever underestimate the desire to win the pill. It seemed to be a major factor last week vs. The Doggies.

Although with regards to the on-ballers - I would have to say that if our midfield play anywhere near the level they played last week, our QLD Derby rivals are in big trouble.

Brown had 27 touches and kicked five goals last time we played them, he just had no support.

giantroo said:
Hopefully this will come true:
Thommo 6- goals
Wellsy 30+ possies

Funny you should say that. Bolstered by the collective confidence of the team, and lacking a natural match-up in the Brisbane team, I can see Wellsy making this game his own. And with Thommo on fire, and with the guys (and JYD) hopefully coming to the realisation that moving the ball fast and direct is the only way to go for us, I don't see why either of these things can't happen.

Roos by 37 points. :) :) :)

Brennan is rubbish.

He will do two 'wow, how good was that' things, 5 average things and make three basic, rubbish errors. The rest of the game he will spend doing stuff all. Not worried by this lair in the slightest.

Bradshaw, Black and Power. That's it.

NorthBhoy said:
Brennan is rubbish.

He will do two 'wow, how good was that' things, 5 average things and make three basic, rubbish errors. The rest of the game he will spend doing stuff all. Not worried by this lair in the slightest.

Bradshaw, Black and Power. That's it.
Brady on Power. He holds him and we're half way home. A couple of their kids in the midfield are decent, so we need to be switched on.

Very confident. I can't make it (annoyed), but we'll win this comfortably I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back