No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If polec is a first round, you are dreaming if you think you can get aish for a 3rd.

I'm assuming he nominates... That said, i'd argue 3rd and someone who is around our best 22 should do it... or our first offer ;)

That said, i'm sure it'll end up a way more complicated trade, ala Gunstan as i think we'll try our absolute hardest to not lose our first.

Why is it that all the players we are so keen to land - somehow rate so low in terms of trade requirements?

Work out where he sits in the Lions pecking order, top 10? Now work out what you would want from another club trying to nick one of our top 10 players via a trade ... see why "a 3rd round pick" seems a little low?

He is under 20, pick 7 from the 2013 draft, and has started his AFL career very well. He is worth a heap.

Whether we like it or not, in the same vein as tom boyd, cameron will get 1.2-1.4 mill offers a year i reckon, almost won the coleman in his second year, we could only compete with offering lifestyle, culture, success and say 900 max, hes worth the same if not maybe more than patty d. Trade would be a flying jenkins and a 1st rounder, and for aish, 500 a year, second rounder pick and a lyons or grigg unfortunately, both will command overs, people thinking that clubs will let them slide in the PSD are dreamin'!.

Why is it that all the players we are so keen to land - somehow rate so low in terms of trade requirements?

Work out where he sits in the Lions pecking order, top 10? Now work out what you would want from another club trying to nick one of our top 10 players via a trade ... see why "a 3rd round pick" seems a little low?

He is under 20, pick 7 from the 2013 draft, and has started his AFL career very well. He is worth a heap.

he was touted as pick 1 at times, slid to pick 7 and has improved his reputation. They will demand a first and second round pick or first and a top 20 player.

Whether we like it or not, in the same vein as tom boyd, cameron will get 1.2-1.4 mill offers a year i reckon, almost won the coleman in his second year, we could only compete with offering lifestyle, culture, success and say 900 max, hes worth the same if not maybe more than patty d. Trade would be a flying jenkins and a 1st rounder, and for aish, 500 a year, second rounder pick and a lyons or grigg unfortunately, both will command overs, people thinking that clubs will let them slide in the PSD are dreamin'!.
Not trading Jenkins. Need him to develop into our second ruck, otherwise we have nothing.

3rd rounder and wright is la la land stuff, but I maintain it would only take our first rounder with sweeteners depending on the pick. 1st round and player, or swap of later picks would do it- if he wanted out and nominated us.

I saw the cheese bread getting delivered one afternoon. Was tempted to distract the driver and run off with boxes of deliciousness.

They didnt get it delivered, it was made on site. 50% butter, 50% parmesan cheese - whipped together. Laid on thick on slightly toasted bread, pressed onto hot plate so that cheese melts into butter.

Now you can make it at home.

ps - it was a policy at Sizzler that if you asked for more bread - you got it - for free. I used to work there in the late 90s before they shut. Smashed a LOT of that bread over the years.

ps2 - yes, this is my first post, and its about cheesy bread. Ive been lurking since about 2007 I reckon. First crows game was in 1992. Looking forward to 2015 where we restore some pride and become a feared side once again.

We have one ex-Queenslander on our list, Charlie Cameron and he is who they would ask for, plus a pick.

They didnt get it delivered, it was made on site. 50% butter, 50% parmesan cheese - whipped together. Laid on thick on slightly toasted bread, pressed onto hot plate so that cheese melts into butter.

ps - it was a policy at Sizzler that if you asked for more bread - you got it - for free. I used to work there in the late 90s before they shut. Smashed a LOT of that bread over the years.

ps2 - yes, this is my first post, and its about cheesy bread. Ive been lurking since about 2007 I reckon. First crows game was in 1992. Looking forward to 2015 where we restore some pride and become a feared side once again.

you can buy it at most supermarkets, it's with the garlic bread and called 'Pan Bread'.

Just to add to the danger talk

I wonder if Danger is such a gentleman that IF he has decided to go, that he has agreed to keep it quiet such that Crows can negotiate a favourable trade rather than have him walk out on the club. Flexibility is the most important thing the crows need when negotiating that trade - if he says "I have three clubs im happy to play for - whoever does best trade, wins" then that greatly empowers the Crows. That might be an explanation for all the ambiguous stories about him staying and going... ??

Alternatively, like Alex says he keeps changing his mind. Like most things in life, the simplest explanation is usually correct.

3rd rounder and wright is la la land stuff, but I maintain it would only take our first rounder with sweeteners depending on the pick. 1st round and player, or swap of later picks would do it- if he wanted out and nominated us.
We only have one first rounder to give. we aint getting cameron and aish without losing a player we dont want to lose

Out of contract so PSD is in the game and if Aish nominates us, that's would be the range we'd be looking for in this deal considering Aish is only a 2nd year player.

If he doesn't nominate, it'd be closer to first round draft pick, but odds are he'll nominate sometime during the trade week.

Odds are he'll sign for Brisbane!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We only have one first rounder to give. we aint getting cameron and aish without losing a player we dont want to lose

Yep, can only see us getting Aish if we were into both as Cameron is just too expensive ( in terms of trade) to land. At least with Aish, a first rounder + would get us to the line. With Cameron though...you just have to look at what they got for Tom Boyd, pick 6 + Griffin...ffs Boyd might end up being the messiah but if they can get 6 and Griff for an unproven player, imagine what they will get for Camo?

Aish ain't coming unless Danger leaves. We'll be stretched enough next year as it is with Crouch, Talia, Smith and Jacobs coming out of contract. I'm not sure how we can possibly sign everyone up AND attract top end talent on top of that.

We're not that stretched.

Consider that people come off the payroll as well and due to the power of manipulating contract payments (i.e we can alter the amount we pay per year) means we could support all very easily and bring in top end talent.

Port's main forward is now 30 and the way he plays he won't be going deep into his 30's, and without him they will never be better than a 5-8 club. They will offer up more money and make a better trade for Cameron than we would be willing to do because our forward line looks ok for the next 5 years at least. Port with Jeremy Cameron will be a premiership contender for nearly 10 years. Ryder isn't the forward savior they are treating him as, he is a damaging if inconsistent ruckman / mediocre forward and they have drafted him to use him 80% in the forward line.

extension of last post - Using my earlier hypothesis, Danger is holding out so we can agree to terms with Cameron. At seasons end cameron says he wants to play for crows, danger says he wants to go home, without specifying (publically) what club he wants. Whoever can satisfy the Giants (and is on dangers short-list), gets Danger as the prize.

QED.

oh, and aish for first + second rounder or PSD.

night all, im off to make sizzler toast.

I love that took talk about cheesy bread for you to finally decide to register and post! :D

I love that took talk about cheesy bread for you to finally decide to register and post! :D

Not just any cheesy bread. Sizzler toast was the bomb back in the day. Loved their salad bar and the old days of being a tight arse and ordering one salad at a table of 6 with mates. lol.:p

Aish is out of contract, so draft picks would be the go or a fringe player like Wright. Money wise, around 350k i reckon.

Something like Aish for Wright + 3rd could do it.

J.Cameron is also coming out of contract (by memory), however even then, might still cost us a decent player/draft pick. 750k would be my guess for wages.

My guess Cameron for 1st + steak knives.

I don't mean to be rude but if you think that Brisbane will accept Wright plus a 3rd round pick then you must have rocks in your head. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back