Opinion Reckon we could / would change our name for Sir Doug Nicholls Round in future years?

Thoughts on changing our club name for Sir Doug Nicholls Round in future years?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to becoming an increasing trend in the AFL for clubs to change their names during Sir Doug Nicholls round.

I’d imagine ‘Yalla Birang’ would probably be the candidate name. It seems to be the local word for Collingwood flats. It’s got lots of syllables, just the way we like it.

Thoughts?

Poll above

Last edited:
It seems to becoming an increasing trend in the AFL for clubs to change their names during Sir Doug Nicholls round.

I’d imagine Yalla Birang would probably be the candidate name. It seems to be the local word for Collingwood flats. It’s got lots of syllables, just the way we like it.

Thoughts?

Poll above
Yes, I think we can easily do that.
Besides the obvious respect & support for the Indigenous round, there is also the added bonus of merchandising (perhaps the revenue generated could be donated to our local Indigenous recruiting area community).
Go Yalla Birang !

AFL a complete disgrace.
Leading with the story "forget the drugs saga, this is West Coasts lowest point"

Dunno but I find this highly offensive.
Damian Barrett is such a shite journo.

AFL a complete disgrace.
Leading with the story "forget the drugs saga, this is West Coasts lowest point"

Dunno but I find this highly offensive.
Damian Barrett is such a shite journo.
Agree mate, terrible form to trivialise the drug use at that club.

I’m sure Mainwaring and Cousins family and friends are having a right old laff at how much better they can feel about the early 2000s now that the Eagles are really in a mess NOW.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please, the social conditioning makes me sick to the core. Yes, vote will intern change all capital city names then our long honored and loved traditional holidays Australia day gone Anzac Day gone even Christmas day will be gone. Then your privately owned assists will be taxed beyond affordability and even taken. Wake up don't lets this madness in. Disgraceful to change the pies for this backdoor tragedy. sounds nuts, but what was normal last 3 years.

Please, the social conditioning makes me sick to the core. Yes, vote will intern change all capital city names then our long honored and loved traditional holidays Australia day gone Anzac Day gone even Christmas day will be gone. Then your privately owned assists will be taxed beyond affordability and even taken. Wake up don't lets this madness in. Disgraceful to change the pies for this backdoor tragedy. sounds nuts, but what was normal last 3 years.

I don't care too much for Christmas. Scrap it. Consumerist nonsense.

However, I became concerned when you mentioned my assists. Didn't know the ATO was even aware of them, quite a worry that they'll now be taxed. Bloodsuckers.

But it's the 'backdoor tragedy' we should all brace for. I admit that I'm not sure what you mean, but it has to hurt.

POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS STILL GOING MAD.

If it helps our relationship and standing with first nations people I cant see why not. Its one round and yes its virtue signalling and woke - but so what - lets move on from that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back