Recommend an Album

Remove this Banner Ad

Now I don't consider my self an obsessive Sonic Youth fan like many of their fans do but I love them in a very big way.

The majority of Sonic Youth fans would have you know that "Daydream Nation" is the greatest album of all time and certainly Sonic Youth's greatest masterpiece.

Me? This. Listening to this for the first time is one of the greatest musical experiences I have ever had. Subsequent listens have only made me love it more.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
been thinking of this album just for you GG since you started this thread, but only just got around to posting it. you may have even come across it already in your industrial metal travels.

circle of dust, brainchild. some songs seem to differ from album to this youtube vid.

I havent ever listened to this band. So thanks for thinking of me :heart:

I'll give it a listen now....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Great album! Filthpig is my favourite, love the slower doom sound Al brought to it. And the meat helmet.
TBH, I love all Ministry/RevCo albums. Al is my all-time favorite musician. I have a mammoth music collection (digital, about 2 or more gig). Very eclectic. From classical to hip-hop to punk to everything in between. I like so much. Yet, I DO have my fistful of all-time favorites...about say 12 or so artists/bands that get the majority of my playing time over the years. But....if I HAD TO choose only one artist, stranded on a desert island, it would have to be all of Al's work over all his bands/projects. It's just exactly "me", really speaks to what is me and who I am.

Mudguts12

All Australian
Jul 6, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
TBH, I love all Ministry/RevCo albums. Al is my all-time favorite musician. I have a mammoth music collection (digital, about 2 or more gig). Very eclectic. From classical to hip-hop to punk to everything in between. I like so much. Yet, I DO have my fistful of all-time favorites...about say 12 or so artists/bands that get the majority of my playing time over the years. But....if I HAD TO choose only one artist, stranded on a desert island, it would have to be all of Al's work over all his bands/projects. It's just exactly "me", really speaks to what is me and who I am.
Nice. Yeah I'm a bit all over the shop with taste/genres as well, just finished his book recently too which was a fun read. First time I heard Ministry was listening to Filthpig when it was first released, hooked ever since! My five desert island albums - today anyway - would be:
Fever Ray - s/t
Tripping Daisy - Jesus hits...
Ministry - Filthpig
Primus - Seas of Cheese
Cure - Disintegration

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Nice. Yeah I'm a bit all over the shop with taste/genres as well, just finished his book recently too which was a fun read. First time I heard Ministry was listening to Filthpig when it was first released, hooked ever since! My five desert island albums - today anyway - would be:
Fever Ray - s/t
Tripping Daisy - Jesus hits...
Ministry - Filthpig
Primus - Seas of Cheese
Cure - Disintegration
Wow, Cure/Disintegration -- my favorite of theirs and one of my all-time favorite albums. And Primus/SeasOfCheese....another awesome album. Both those albums have gotten extended play in my eardrums. Have never heard of Fever Ray, so will check them out.

Our tastes are not far off the same page. And if you're anything like GG.exe then you're :thumbsu:

deck

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 7, 2004
Melburn
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool, SF 49ers, FSU

With the passing of Prodigy this past week might as well add Mobb Deeps best album IMO. Although The Infamous being a great album in its own right including the best Mobb track Shook One's Pt 2. Hell On Earth took it to another level with banger after banger front to back.

Sep 23, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
hmm interesting selection man, I still think Mind is the seminal Ministry album. Sheer quality aside there was an interesting chronology to it, encapsulating the growth of a band more than others from the era while simultaneously laying a platform of sound. I still laugh at the early days of Al singing love ballads, having gone through their 80s catalogue recently, it's interesting how Ministry began it sounding like Depeche Mode then finished sounding like Ministry. As for recommendations, um I don't know, maybe Daimonion by Project Pitchfork or the soundtrack to Set It Off or October Rust by Type O -.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
hmm interesting selection man, I still think Mind is the seminal Ministry album. Sheer quality aside there was an interesting chronology to it, encapsulating the growth of a band more than others from the era while simultaneously laying a platform of sound. I still laugh at the early days of Al singing love ballads, having gone through their 80s catalogue recently, it's interesting how Ministry began it sounding like Depeche Mode then finished sounding like Ministry. As for recommendations, um I don't know, maybe Daimonion by Project Pitchfork or the soundtrack to Set It Off or October Rust by Type O -.

Well, I love all Ministry and Revco albums equally. I listen to them all constantly. Including the remix albums. Each one has its merits. Bottom-line with Al Jourgensen as a musician, he makes so many songs and albums with differences in them. Like different sounding riffs and instrumentations in every song so that no two songs/albums ever really sound the same. A great quality to have in a musician. I even love the Work For Love album you describe (the 80s synth pop songs in fake english accent).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back