Recommend an Album

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
In between days and Close to me took all the limelight from what is an incredibly good album.
I love every single song. Hence why I recommended here. Where the litmus test for a good album recommendation is where every song on an album is listened to equally, not dead/filler songs you skip over. And Head on the Door by the Cure is "wow". Every single song is great. Not only is each song on the album completely different from the others, in terms of music genre, but they're extremely well-made for each type of music genre. No failed attempts.

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Al was a producer on Rabies, under the the name "Alien". In the post-album interview transcripts, the other members of SP were none too happy about it either, which I'm sure is why Ogre was bumming around with Ministry for awhile. I wonder if you have heard about it, but I am greatly anticipating that upcoming documentary 'Industrial Accident', which explores Wax Trax and the Industrial scene of the 80s. They brought exposure to Ministry, Front 242, KMFDM, Front Line Assembly, Meat Beat Manifesto, Clock DVA, Young Gods, etc that scene would have been so awesome to watch take shape.

I haven't heard about it sounds awesome though as I love many of those bands mentioned, lots of very good stuff there.

Funny how I got into it all, I was into Depeche Mode then got into NIN, then from NIN into Skinny Puppy, Ministry, FLA etc

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
I love every single song. Hence why I recommended here. Where the litmus test for a good album recommendation is where every song on an album is listened to equally, not dead/filler songs you skip over. And Head on the Door by the Cure is "wow". Every single song is great. Not only is each song on the album completely different from the others, in terms of music genre, but they're extremely well-made for each type of music genre. No failed attempts.

Cure from 85-93 was peak era for me, they had the right line up, the songs and the right mix of light and shade in their music.

Love all 4 albums from that period (pretty much all which came before it too). I'd still say Disintegration is definitive, or for variety Kiss Me.

Push is a great song, some great b sides from that period, namely The Exploding Boy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
What an amazing album. No surprise this album was largely panned in the early 1970s. Way too ahead of its time, tho of its time. Such a grand blend of multiple genres...not only across the entire album, but often in every song. Funk, Soul, Hip Hop, Blues, Rock, Metal, Psycedelia/Shoegaze, Folk, Orchestral, etc etc. Truly amazing. Highly recommend (as I always say) to put the album on loop and just have it play in the background over and over like about 20 times, and your subconscious starts to pick up all the intricacies and depth.

For once in your life, listen to me, and trust me on music. Marc Bolan was a *ingg genius.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Terrific thread GG.
I've largely given music a rest in the past year as nothing is exciting me any more right now.
Looking for something new, but nothing new has presented yet.

An old goody for me was this one though:

I always provide re threads ;)
Yeah music sucks, one has to look to the past for something interesting and "fresh". Youd be surprised how many unknown bands from the past there are who are faking awesome

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Caligula's Horse - In Contact

Possibly the finest melodic prog metal album ever released by an Aussie band.

My highest possible recommendation

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
*ingg sick album, still catching up with RZ's last three albums, so am up to here.

like the marc bolan zinc alloy album, this one also a huge blend of varying genres and instruments. in fact, id go far as to say RZ is a modern version of Bolan. Super groovy guy, big on fashion, stage presence, musically very diverse, lyrics and album/song names very similar non-sensical and mystical.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back