Toast Regional Roos Thread - Down on the farm Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

crappy time of the year to kill though with the flies around
We killed 15 sheep & 4 goats last week & cut the sheep up yesterday, doing the goats in the next day or so
It’s certainly an impressive beast, one of your own I presume
yes one of ours, 2yo full angus 330kg carcass. he had to go, bit of a problem calve this one was , wouldn't yard, teaching the other calves bad habits. he had a choice, the feedlots or the freezer, he chose the latter. its actually not to bad re flies atm, not so many northerlies this year to blow as many down, but i see gaso just posted they are pretty friendly north of the ranges atm so i guess the next few weeks they will start to swell in numbers down here. ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have relatives who live at Pomonal(had the family Christmas there), they evacuated into Ararat yesterday afternoon.
Have heard they've lost their sheds, but thankfully the house is still standing.
Glad to hear they're okay.

Hope they recover quickly.

Mad weather yesterday, mum said there were fires on the edge of Melbourne at Caroline Springs.

Last edited:
Mirboo Mirboo North footy ground yesterday
yeah that front sucked, our electricity literally just came back on this evening, the wind dropped 4 limbs on the fences, we didnt get the rain in the first band and got 5mm in the 2nd band, any wind that blows 6 500kv pylons is pretty destructive especially as we dont build stuff to cyclonic specifications like up north, drove along waterloo road this arvo as we loaded up 2 freezers on a trailer to put in a friends garage who had electricity as i was sick of playing generator musical chairs between 4 fridges/freezers. , trees down all along it, there was even the remains of a shed lodged in one, now back on 2nd consecutive night shift looking to get the last generator back online at work. feel like a zombie running of a concentrated mix of coffee and electrolyte drinks.

Looks similar to my front yard, only I don't have goal posts.

Watched the hail smash my yard, then saw a chunk of ice bigger than my hand smash my plants. Bigger than anything Brisbane ever gets!
You probably want to keep quiet about your plants on a public internet forum.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back