Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion V2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stamping out racism is going to take generations. Tex is the captain and a role model to young kids.

Bloke should be stripped of captaincy, have to go and help aboriginal communities, and go to schools to provide education around it also.

I've heard what was allegedly said (I'm sure it's floating around bigfooty). If true, six weeks is a pittance.

I think this incident may accelerate the end of his career and rightly so. It's bloody 2021 FFS.

I've heard what was allegedly said (I'm sure it's floating around bigfooty). If true, six weeks is a pittance.

I think this incident may accelerate the end of his career and rightly so. It's bloody 2021 FFS.
What was allegedly said?

They gave him another contract just a month ago. Bet they regret that, although with what he said I'm sure they could just rip it up. Sounds like the bloke has been at the heart of their cultural issues for years.

That bad?
This just piques my morbid curiosity even further.

Thread's been cleaned up, but the alleged slur is in the quoted post which the mods missed

Thread's been cleaned up, but the alleged slur is in the quoted post which the mods missed
Standard Tex.

Who was it who once said something like "if only we had a leader like Tex"?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Purely hypothetical/devil's advocate but if there was only one white player on the team and someone said to "smash that white campaigner", would there also be an uproar? A simple yes/no answer would suffice to gauge opinion if anyone can be arsed, not really inviting a debate here.

I'm not advocating either should be said btw as I figured our professional sports players were long past s**t like this but apparently not.

Purely hypothetical/devil's advocate but if there was only one white player on the team and someone said to "smash that white campaigner", would there also be an uproar? A simple yes/no answer would suffice to gauge opinion if anyone can be arsed, not really inviting a debate here.

I'm not advocating either should be said btw as I figured our professional sports players were long past sh*t like this but apparently not.
Big if

I'm not advocating either should be said btw as I figured our professional sports players were long past sh*t like this but apparently not.

I think the days of pointing out a minority's difference are gone, combining with an aggressive term and manner just compound the issue. If the same was said about a white person I doubt there would be an uproar simply as white people have never been made to feel inferior for their skin colour so don't have the same offended reaction (for lack of a better phrase).

Same as you don't want a political debate, and apologies if that wasn't as succinct enough.

I know from a cricket case, a Pakistani batsman called Gilchrest a white c##t which was picked up on the pitch microphone. I heard it live.

Gilly went straight to the square leg umpire and asked if he heard what he was called.

Play on.

Interesting that supporters who yell racist things to players can be banned from attending games for two years whilst an experienced former club captain gets six weeks.

Who should have the higher punishment?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back