Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gideon Haigh is an excellent cricket writer. He's very much a spirit, history, emotion type writer though, the type of person who'd still be playing on Boxing Day at the MCG because of tradition 700 years after the Universe has experienced full heat death.
perhaps why I think cricked is a game for ....... It has too many highs

The AFL is likely to settle on a 15-minute half-time break next year given strong initial support from clubs and coaches for the league’s proposal.

The league believes broadcasters will back the move because they can lose as much as 20 per cent of their audience over the current 20-minute half-time break.

In a tight game that audience often returns, but during one-sided or low-scoring matches today’s Netflix generation often finds other TV shows or movies to watch and never comes back.

Netflix! I knew it was them! Even when it was the poor quality of play, I knew it was them.

Netflix! I knew it was them! Even when it was the poor quality of play, I knew it was them.
So we'll inconvenience the folks who actually pay to attend games, to make it easier for the least-interested casual TV viewers? That's definitely sound logic for a sustainable future.

So we'll inconvenience the folks who actually pay to attend games, to make it easier for the least-interested casual TV viewers? That's definitely sound logic for a sustainable future.

When you have cricket literally committing suicide with their TV deals you can be a bit flamboyant.

All of this following a season in which ratings actually went up. They have no idea on how people engage in sports anymore. It’s like that meme of the bloke getting kicked out of the window.

“Ok everyone, viewers keep tuning out of bad games. What should we do?”
“Shorten the time they have to change channel?”
“Implement more untested rule changes?”
“Why don’t we improve the quality of play?”
*window smashes*

I’m always sceptical when the AFL claims a proposal (that had never previously been discussed publicly as an issue) has strong support

I’m always sceptical when the AFL claims a proposal (that had never previously been discussed publicly as an issue) has strong support

Waleed Aly is a big supporter of the AFL's new Die Netflix Die initiative.

MCG is cavenous and not a great place for spectators, Dockland, Optus and Adelaide are far better. As a design it is 40years out of date.
Nah I prefer watching games at the G compared to Docklands mostly because I don’t like being under lights during the day

Adelaide oval seems like it’d be a sick place to watch sport though

I will have to head off to the River Room 15 mins into the second quarter instead of 20 mins in if we are to get a full round of Peronis in. Mind you, sometimes we stay and don't go back to our seats anyway......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hows this campaigner!

Calling Optus stadium a sterile environment. I would like to slap this guy in the face.
I went to Optus on the weekend and it was pumping with about 20 food trucks, free movie screenings and 1000's of families everywhere.

He claims the rights to the boxing day test being kept at the MCG are because it was the place of the first test and first one day international. Going by that train of thought we should never change anything should we! What an ass clown. FYI the boxing day contract ends next year although I expect a covert agreement taking place and it being kept there for the next 42 years.

“The MCG has everything in its favour. It’s the venue of the first Test match (ever), it’s the venue of the first One Day International – it’s the venue of all our great occasions.

Anyone hear that?

That’s my respect for Gideon sliding down the drain. I can’t stand those knobs who hate Optus because “it doesn’t have the character of the WACA”, yeah because sitting on the hill with no shade and plenty of potential skin cancer or in a shitty concrete stand on a 40 degree day is my idea of a good time full of character. :drunk:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back