Premium Platinum
Jul 5, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd
Swans in serious trouble here.

Maybe they aren't as good as we thought? Still a long way to go but Essendon don't look like the Essendon of the past two decades (drugged up season aside).

THE A5

Club Legend
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Alec looked really cooked at the end there. I really hope he doesn't get cut this year and gets another AFL preseason to work on his engine.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Alec looked really cooked at the end there. I really hope he doesn't get cut this year and gets another AFL preseason to work on his engine.
He's averaging two goals a game playing 75% TOG, in his second game. I think they'll keep him on 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Apparently Stringer is the #1 CBD player to be involved in scores. I'm certain I've worded that about as well as Tom Browne, but I'm sure you know what I mean.

Only just switched the game on and saw him run it out of a CBD and pump it forward. Didn't lead to a goal, but has he been doing it all game? Surely if the media are talking about it, the coaches are trying to stop it.

Ishmael_

EQuiv
Apr 30, 2013
Stockholm
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
People (me included) complain about West Coast picking HBF, but take a look at some of Essendon's top picks in Heppell, Parish and McGrath. That's some questionable picks IMO.
I think every teams' supporters b*tch that they only pick HBFers, but really, there's a lot of players that can play that position and there's always that hope that they can make it in the guts.

You can also often make it as a HBF if you can't cut it as a midfielder.

Dylan82

Premium Platinum
Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
Essendon are going man-on-man through the centre and it has thrown a spanner into Sydney's ball movement from previous weeks.

As a result much of the play has a bit of an old-school feel to it.

Waiting for Hunter to be thrown forward to win the game.

Remove this Banner Ad