Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So by allowing a game at GMHBA the AFL is acknowledging that that is an advantage for Geelong, which would require a justification as to why the top ranked team didn’t receive their advantage in a QF they went on to lose.

They won’t open the can of worms mid finals. It’d be suicide. They’d be incredibly stupid too....

Oh god.

Scott is shitting. bricks.

He knows that he's looking down the same barrel his brother was if he loses next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott is s**tting. bricks.

He knows that he's looking down the same barrel his brother was if he loses next week.

He should be... but nope. He has a new contract signed last year. Well and truly ensconced with management there, very strong allies with Cook. As per Cook, they need to be playing finals each year, they can’t bottom out as their fans won’t like it. Hence why Scott is safe, wins plenty of games during the regular season and talks a big game!

The more I think about the more I am just flabbergasted at Chris Scotts coaching and selection tonight. Having Blicavs try to run with Grundy (news flash he did a really s**t job) and not have him down back was a big part for their loss tonight. To not select a full time ruck to play on Grundy, to run with him in play and to have an extra tall to go forward is almost unforgivable

On top of that his coaching in the actual game was non-existent. He changed nothing for 4 quarters, not one thing. I don't even know why I'm mad...I just am

They’ve won 90 of their past 100 at GMHBA. Best 100 game record in AFL/VFL history. Can’t say with any confidence that we’d get it done there.

Geelong should host finals, especially when they’ve come first, but you can’t shift the goalposts half way. If they’d hosted tonight, they’d be playing a prelim by now. That’s changed the finals too much for a venue switch now to make it better. If an MCG final against an MCG tenant was home ground advantage, there’s no leg to stand on that an MCG final against a WA side isn’t.

AFL won’t pull the trigger, but if they do, jesus it’d be a farce.

I reckon Brisbane are a good chance tomorrow night.

Most recently Geelong hosted West Coast at the MCG in the 2011 Preliminary Final, with 59,455 fans attending the game. GMHBA Stadium has a maximum capacity of 36,000.

The AFL line all along has been about maximising attendance (and revenue). Versus the Pies, they’d be locking out 60% of your MCG crowd by playing in Geelong. Versus us, they’d be locking out 40% of your crowd. If they line was maximising attendance, they’ve gone too far to say that 40% is fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back