Discussion Remaining Fixture

PostmanBish

Club Legend
Sep 6, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah, that's the one I'm more worried about. I can see them coming out breathing fire, they have been sh*t but they are like a Ferrari that hasn't got out of idle. We are like HiLux with an engine knock right now. If GWS wanted too they could leave us behind in cloud of tyre smoke. We need to ram the fu** out of them.

I really hope Ratten & the match committee are going to throw the kitchen sink at this, and select our best available 22, regardless of attitude - no point saving people for "next week" when next week might never come.

It looks like it will come down to percentage with Melbourne for a spot if we lose to the Giants. The thing we don't want is a blow out to the giants or Melbourne to get a big win anywhere. Essendon had better show up against them.

Bombers getting smashed in the media - hope that helps.

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
If we lose Melbourne will know the equation of winning by 20... points or so.

And playing Essendon I think they will do that at will. We need to win.
Spot on. Our game is must win. Melbourne will easily account for Essendon.

Oct 1, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Liverpool
We are more likely to make the 8 than not, but the $9 sportsbet are offering seems like a lot.

Maybe I load up on that and end up with a win/win situation
I loaded up when we were paying $6 to miss the finals, going to drop another $50 now that it’s at $9.

Would walk away with about $1100 if we don’t make the 8 but I guarantee you it won’t soften the blow if we miss from here.

Last edited:

Keg still on legs

Cancelled
St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Baghdad Bombers - Sweet F.A.
Jul 24, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well, the Herald Sun had gone and ****ed us good and proper

20200914_104844.jpg

TheEnsign

Club Legend
Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Jun 24, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
To be fair, the bookies - who are right more than they are wrong obv. - have us at 93.5% chance to make the 8 and 10% chance to miss (which is weird because these are mutually exclusive outcomes, they should add to 100). So that's some comfort.

To be fair, the bookies - who are right more than they are wrong obv. - have us at 93.5% chance to make the 8 and 10% chance to miss (which is weird because these are mutually exclusive outcomes, they should add to 100). So that's some comfort.

I'm tempted to put a bet on for us missing.
That way i'll get some cash to pay for the heavy alcohol.
If i lose my money...yay we are in finals.

Back