Remove Sam Newman from the Hall of Fame petition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Type in Sam Newman racist statements, payout of $100,000 to Winmar. Stop bringing your ignorant rubbish to the thread.

You have been directed to that discussion of which Sam wasn’t even involved… must be to hard for you to proven wrong…. Again.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It’s not racist to boo a welcome to country.
Have a look at it:

He's said that people are sick of anything that isn't football on the day.

He has called for the booing of welcome to country.

He has not called for the booing of any other element of the day.

Ads? No.

National anthem? No.

It’s not racist to boo a welcome to country.

How?

If you simply don’t agree with it, then just don’t acknowledge it. Booing or jeering is vocally demonstrating that the ceremony taking place isn’t worthy of occurring. That it is fundamentally wrong; the only two reasons crowds boo umpires or players is because either a) they have done something ‘wrong’ or incorrect or b) they hate them.

If you’re booing a simple welcome gesture what is that saying to the person performing it?

It’s just words

Im sure its more than just words to the target of anger, and there should be some restrictions based on threats and danger to people, but overall he is right.

There is no reason to censor words if they are just words which people dont like.

Also, letting a moron speak their mind freely means they identify themselves as morons.

Personally I don't think Sam should be removed from the Hall of Fame.
It is a football Hall of Fame, not a politically correct one.

Sam is a relic and gets called a fossil for good reason.

Whilst I don't agree with all his views, he is entitled to have them.
Whether he should be entitled to have a platform to air those divisive views is a different debate.

Barry Cable was removed, as what he did was disgusting and we know the situation, so I am not going to bring it into this thread.

Unlike Cable, some good can actually come from Sam's comments, as it creates discussion and the more these people are called out, the more it is proven that as a society, we are getting better.

Sam and fellow ancient relics are becoming more extinct and as they slowly die off, so will their views.
We are heading in the right direction and strangely enough, people like Sam are the necessary evil, that will get us there.
It’s all heaven or hell with you.

There will always be evil in people minds. When you extract the evil you believe of today then you will find new evil soon right away. Then you keep extracting and removing until you find there is only you left in your perfect world.

You have been directed to that discussion of which Sam wasn’t even involved… must be to hard for you to proven wrong…. Again.

Here is 3 incidents, there's heaps more. What a grub he is.

Newman was sacked from his segment on the Sunday Footy Show last month for calling black man George Floyd “a piece of sh*t” following his death in police custody.

Three AFL figures including media commentator Sam Newman have issued a formal apology and signed a $100,000 settlement with St Kilda great Nicky Winmar over comments they made on a podcast

Newman took to his podcast alongside Hawthorn icon Don Scott to say Aboriginal Australians have no history in a “disgusting” 10-minute rant.

The former Geelong player expressed how he does not believe that schools should be educating children on Indigenous history and culture.

“They hunt and they kill things and they eat them? I’m being serious – what is the history to teach? That wouldn’t take a hell of a lot of time to teach,” he said.

What do you guys think of Aboriginies that believe in a "god or gods who created people and the surrounding environment during a particular creation period at the beginning of time"?

Do you love their belief or hate it?

You can go to the old "Ask a Christian" thread to see how that faith was mocked for believing in a creator!

Chief, do you love all the elements of Aboriginal culture, or just the part you can use for your virtue signalling?

What do you guys think of Aboriginies that believe in a "god or gods who created people and the surrounding environment during a particular creation period at the beginning of time"?

Do you love their belief or hate it?

You can go to the old "Ask a Christian" thread to see how that faith was mocked for believing in a creator!

Chief, do you love all the elements of Aboriginal culture, or just the part you can use for your virtue signalling?
What's that got to do with Sam Newman? What is your real account name?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't like Sam

I don't like Sam's views

I don't like a society where we require group think. Crazy ideas, offensive views and simply wrong ideas are important for a healthy society to be expressed.

Why? Hearing the ridiculous helps us all understand why what we hold as "true" is true (or best) and other times it may completely change our thinking. Imagine if we believed the world was flat.

I appreciate some will say racism is very different to "the world is flat" but hearing Sam's views allows us to understand who he is an individual and also helps us understand the hurt he may cause others.

You're avoiding the question of Should Sam Newman be kicked out of the Hall of Fame for 30 years of racist rants against black people .?

Should you be kicked off bigfooty for hyperbole ?

"Richmond enforcer Jack Dyer crunched Nicholls on the field and delivered a racist barb that had hurt far more."

"
As the Trans Continental train carried the Vics towards Perth, Nicholls stared down the young Tiger giant.

When Dyer asked what the problem was, Nicholls snarled: "I don't like you, Jack Dyer – for what you said."

Those in earshot were shocked – after all, lay-preacher Nicholls had only ever been known as quiet and pleasant."

Sam has absolutely nothing on this guy. I can only imagine how vile it was for Nichols to react that way in 1935.

I like how you conveniently left out the part that said ‘Jack Dyer immediately apologised and the two became friends.’

Here is 3 incidents, there's heaps more. What a grub he is.

Newman was sacked from his segment on the Sunday Footy Show last month for calling black man George Floyd “a piece of sh*t” following his death in police custody.

Three AFL figures including media commentator Sam Newman have issued a formal apology and signed a $100,000 settlement with St Kilda great Nicky Winmar over comments they made on a podcast

Newman took to his podcast alongside Hawthorn icon Don Scott to say Aboriginal Australians have no history in a “disgusting” 10-minute rant.

The former Geelong player expressed how he does not believe that schools should be educating children on Indigenous history and culture.

“They hunt and they kill things and they eat them? I’m being serious – what is the history to teach? That wouldn’t take a hell of a lot of time to teach,” he said.

Yes he did call George Floyd that… before that he also said no one deserves to die that way but Floyd was no saint and didn’t deserve to be revered….. so yes looking at his list of felonies Sam was probably correct..

Sam said nothing during the winmar discussion at all .. haven’t seen u demanding Mike Sheehan have his name removed from the media centre…

Again, wrong it wasn’t a ten minute rant and he disputed who was on these lands first.. none of it is racist

Remove this Banner Ad

Back