Society/Culture Reproductive Rights: Roe vs Wade, abortion, etc

Remove this Banner Ad

The Pill was introduced to Ausrralia in 1966. It was hailed as an emancipation for Australian women. No longer the catholic rhythm method or back yard abortions. Australian women were to be educated in this momentous change in human reproduction. Only the truly bad pregnancies, rape, economic situations and medical diagnoses would remain to be aborted. We have 100, 000 abortions a year, we import people at great financial and social cost because our population growth has become unsustainable. We have dropped the ball . We need to care for our own, love our offspring who are our future.

The Pill was introduced to Ausrralia in 1966. It was hailed as an emancipation for Australian women. No longer the catholic rhythm method or back yard abortions. Australian women were to be educated in this momentous change in human reproduction. Only the truly bad pregnancies, rape, economic situations and medical diagnoses would remain to be aborted. We have 100, 000 abortions a year, we import people at great financial and social cost because our population growth has become unsustainable. We have dropped the ball . We need to care for our own, love our offspring who are our future.

What?

What do you want?
I’m not gonna do the whole centrist thing. I think abortion is an immoral act unless there is a good reason like rape or where the pregnancy threatens the life of the mother. People have pointed out that having exemptions in place for these things would be a legal minefield of its own. So I don’t welcome the overturning of roe v wade. Above all I just want pro choice people to stop gaslighting.

I’m not gonna do the whole centrist thing. I think abortion is an immoral act unless there is a good reason like rape or where the pregnancy threatens the life of the mother. People have pointed out that having exemptions in place for these things would be a legal minefield of its own. So I don’t welcome the overturning of roe v wade. Above all I just want pro choice people to stop gaslighting.

No gaslighting when they point out this will lead to more things being struct down using the same arguments. They'll be coming for Same sex marriages, contraception, and eventually interracial marriage as all being things not enforceable by the federal level, leaving the backward states to revert to their 1950s ways.

Your antiquated views are an immoral act.
You have no idea what your talking about.
That's why people like you are extremists.

So, you’re just ok with some forced pregnancies.

If you could go back in time to any culture that has ever existed or to any traditional culture and tell them what we are now doing with our unborn children they would be horrified. That we have lost our moral compass to this degree is to our cultural shame. If anyone reading this had parents that aborted them they wouldn’t be here now enjoying their life.

If you could go back in time to any culture that has ever existed or to any traditional culture and tell them what we are now doing with our unborn children they would be horrified. That we have lost our moral compass to this degree is to our cultural shame. If anyone reading this had parents that aborted them they wouldn’t be here now enjoying their life.
Not sure how to break this to you but there were cultures that literally sacrificed their own children to appease higher powers, there's even a story about it in the bible.

Read up on your history, cultures throughout the years have had ways to end unwanted pregnancies.

Here, I did some of the work for you:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As an atheist who doesn't if for gay marriage, gun control against death penalty I am against abortion. Once a heartbeat is formed I believe thr fetus should be protected.
No one cares if you're against abortion. It's none of your business.
I spose you think women were created from Adam's rib?

It is not proper to conflate abortion in the USA with Australian morality. Abortion in Australia is far more individual based whereas in the USA it is a franchise equal to any fast food chain. It is on an industrial scale with the byproducts making large capital gains for the companies involved. No one wins from this. We need to some how work towards reducing abortions which must be beneficial mentally and physically to the mothers and future offspring. Surely, that's not a bad thing to aspire to?

It is not proper to conflate abortion in the USA with Australian morality. Abortion in Australia is far more individual based whereas in the USA it is a franchise equal to any fast food chain. It is on an industrial scale with the byproducts making large capital gains for the companies involved. No one wins from this. We need to some how work towards reducing abortions which must be beneficial mentally and physically to the mothers and future offspring. Surely, that's not a bad thing to aspire to?
What a load of bullcrap. You are living in a far-right fantasy world.
The UN has called the ban a human rights abuse .
I'm tipping you don't have a girlfriend .

No one cares if you're against abortion. It's none of your business.
I spose you think women were created from Adam's rib?
Using your logic why do care of someone drinks 10 beers then drives a car. What's it your business?
I'm atheist so don't believe nonsense of Adams Rib.
All I am saying woman can do anything they won't as long they don't end another life. A fetus is a human being.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back