PS5 Returnal

Remove this Banner Ad

Advice from someone w/ 50 hours on the game already and 5 playthroughs:

- Never pick up malignant resin
- Go for malignant keys especially if you have / know the location of a malfunction consumable.
- Use keys only on doors not chests, doors open up more options for items. Don't waste on an RNG item/weapon spawn.
- Never use Ether for cleansing. It's a waste and not worth it.
- Going off above, always exchange your Ether for Obolites near the Fabricator shop. Obolite is the best currency and gives you access to way more options.
- Always pick up parasites that do things like increase malfunction fixes, increase fall damage, enemies leave acid etc. Those negative effects are easy to play around, and the benefits are always worth.
- Protection is the best stat in the game, always get it if you can.
- Hollowseeker / Spitmaw / Launcher are the best weapons for clearing areas but not good for boss fights (depends on traits)
- Pistol + Carbine are the most consistent weapons for all bosses, but some weapons still vary boss to boss. But they're clear cut the best.
- Try to remember where the secret rooms are where you drop down into, if you enter them with 5 Adrenaline you can bank a lot more obolites.
I wouldn't say never with the malignant resins. I had artifcant that increased suit integrity every malfunction gained or removed. Got me up to 255% by the time I got to the 3rd boss.

beat Nemesis last night. Feelsgoodman.

3rd biome is really tough, but I liked the challenge. I felt like I kept getting further and further in, progressing incrementally, even though it was frustrating to sometimes head in there geared up and get insta-wrecked by a squad of drones. Getting the bridge down was the biggest step, then working out how to run through problem areas like the drone/broken automaton room, and the penultimate room.

The Lobber is so OP I love it so much.

beat Nemesis last night. Feelsgoodman.

3rd biome is really tough, but I liked the challenge. I felt like I kept getting further and further in, progressing incrementally, even though it was frustrating to sometimes head in there geared up and get insta-wrecked by a squad of drones. Getting the bridge down was the biggest step, then working out how to run through problem areas like the drone/broken automaton room, and the penultimate room.

The Lobber is so OP I love it so much.
Me too. Incredibly satisfying. I'd lost my astronaut artifact earlier in some stupid way so was feeling the pressure. The auto recover integrity when at low HP is a godsend in boss fights.

Had the same problem with drones during the 3rd biome. They're ****ed.

Me too. Incredibly satisfying. I'd lost my astronaut artifact earlier in some stupid way so was feeling the pressure. The auto recover integrity when at low HP is a godsend in boss fights.

Had the same problem with drones during the 3rd biome. They're f’ed.
they are, but they do *not* like the Lobber! Gun was awesome for Nemesis too because I could shoot, forget and let the dot do it's thing while I bounced safely from platform to platform.

After finishing 3 I smashed through 4 and 5 (the electric piledriver gun is insanely good) and last night got to the room before the 6 boss fight. Had an awesome build. Then got my astronaut stolen by a critical malfunction from a red arrow bullet, then got stuck in a ******* wall which I couldn't escape from until I died, using my parasite, then finally spawned free but basically ****ed. Oh well, it's easy to get back to, and now I have all the perm gear to get everywhere too.

Love this game sooo much

Finished the second boss on my second attempt yesterday. I am finally learning to slow down a bit, whilst its a fast paced game I still need to take it slow times. The amount of deaths due to running off an edge, and then running of the same edge straight away is quite high.

Finished this last night. 37 hours and 44 deaths. Did Biome 6 in one run as I had an insane build with 60% protection, maxed integrity & damage boosts adding up to 45%. Great game, still tempted to play a bit longer to test out all of the other weapon types I was too sacred to change to. Had a lvl 29 Hollowseeker with close to top damage than was ripping through everything so elected to pass on every other weapon in Biome 6.

It would be great if they put in a run save feature, I don't really want to do another 4 hour run but being powerful feels awesome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting pretty frustrated with crashes. I'm trying to do the 5th biome and it's crashed completely on good runs 3 times now where i've had to repair the storage of my PS5. Almost ready to just give up on it now.

Getting pretty frustrated with crashes. I'm trying to do the 5th biome and it's crashed completely on good runs 3 times now where i've had to repair the storage of my PS5. Almost ready to just give up on it now.
yeah that's not good. Knock on wood I haven't had a crash in ages.

Finished the 6th biome and
I have only one more sun fragment to get in Act III, from biome 4. From there it's just RNG to platinum

I use to get crashes but everything fixed up after I stopped using the pre-order suits and went back to the first one. They apparently fixed that though but once bitten...

I use to get crashes but everything fixed up after I stopped using the pre-order suits and went back to the first one. They apparently fixed that though but once bitten...
I didn't even know you could change your suit so it's definitely not that for me haha.

I have been binge playing Hades recently and it’s the first rogue-like I’ve really gotten hooked by (Dead Cells didn’t do much for me).

Am I any chance of liking this game?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I have been binge playing Hades recently and it’s the first rogue-like I’ve really gotten hooked by (Dead Cells didn’t do much for me).

Am I any chance of liking this game?

If you want to really boil it down to a really simple answer: yes. You could almost just call it a 3D Hades.

I had to put it down briefly though. For me it's a perfect pick up/put down game, like Hades, but I promised myself I'd finish the ME Trilogy and not get side tracked otherwise I probably won't finish it. Can't wait to get my teeth back into this.

If you want to really boil it down to a really simple answer: yes. You could almost just call it a 3D Hades.

I had to put it down briefly though. For me it's a perfect pick up/put down game, like Hades, but I promised myself I'd finish the ME Trilogy and not get side tracked otherwise I probably won't finish it. Can't wait to get my teeth back into this.

Ok cool, I may give it a go after Ratchet.

I’m actually enjoying the grind of Hades, trying to get enough diamonds to build things and working my way through the prophecies.

I’ve only actually got to Hades twice but I’m not even really trying because I’m chasing other items.

Ok cool, I may give it a go after Ratchet.

I’m actually enjoying the grind of Hades, trying to get enough diamonds to build things and working my way through the prophecies.

I’ve only actually got to Hades twice but I’m not even really trying because I’m chasing other items.

Beat him tonight with the bow of all things, just had one of those runs and managed to get all the way through without dying once.

Man I love this game…

Beat him tonight with the bow of all things, just had one of those runs and managed to get all the way through without dying once.

Man I love this game…

Congrats!

You’ll love Returnal. It’s AAA Hades with guns & scifi horror themes. I’m still going back for runs even though I have finished it.

Finally got through the 5th biome after about 5 or 6 game crashes on runs where i'd been doing well. Had 2 back up lives and about halfway through the 6th biome I decide to pick up a new weapon i'd never used. What an awful mistake. Immediately in a fight against two tough enemies plus a bunch of smaller annoying enemies and I have a gun i've never used that has no power ups, lose one life, try to run away, end up at a dead end, go back, lose next life so go back to that reanimator thing. Thankfully got to trace my steps back and get the awesome tachyomatic carbine I had in the first place. Continue on, get to the boss, get it to it's last health bar and die.

I have such deep regrets about picking up that weapon. Deep, deep regrets. I had 200% health, 40% protection, things were going so well :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back