Game Day Richmond Tigers v GWS Giants - Grand Final - Sat 28 Sep, 2:30PM AEST, MCG

Tigers or Giants to win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Fairly sure Davis will get up. Seemed it was general soreness, muscle related. But we'll see.
Yeah I think he'll play, so will Whitfield. Just means that they're probably less likely to roll the dice on Conigilo and Deledio whereas they otherwise might've been keen to do so.

I reckon we're about 60% chance. GWS looked very strong in the contested ball tonight, and they'll get some massive ins. No real weaknesses.

Graham is a bad out for us against the Giants because the one area they can get on top is contested ball.

We need another big game from Lynch

I reckon we're about 60% chance. GWS looked very strong in the contested ball tonight, and they'll get some massive ins. No real weaknesses.

Graham is a bad out for us against the Giants because the one area they can get on top is contested ball.

We need another big game from Lynch
No ones going to give another team a flag without a fight, should beagood game.

Richmond will be too good. Two close games in a row will probably have them spent.

Bit of a stretch to win 3 interstate finals in a row.

Sounds similar to what people said about the Dogs in 2016.

I think the Giants have got this. They'll win their first flag and there will be fireworks.

We’ve had the Toby Greene rule. Reckon we see the Mumford red card rule in place for 2020 after he wipes out 1/2 the team.

Even rugby has the sin bin. You wonder why the AFL has been so reluctant to implement something.

It should be a rag to a bull for Mumford this week
Lucky we have big nank to keep him in check. If gws think they can bully the tigers like they have done to other teams in this finals series they might be in for a shock next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit upset hey
I am actually not to bad being a Collingwood supporter you can anticipate it, but i seriously would love to see a club like Saints, Fremantle, or a club with actual supporters win it, if GWS was a Tassie team with a supporter base, it would be great result, not just a TV rights team, so i can handle the loss as Collingwood played terrible for 3 Quarters but can't stand it is against a plastic team, West Coast last year hats off to them and the actual players on GWS well done but the Club/AFL not so sure

Reminiscent of 1974 when every neutral wanted North to win their first flag, prompting Hafey to sum up with “It was Richmond against the world, and Richmond won”.

Bring it on.
The umpiring in that game was the worst I remember, North got everything their way so much that they were in with a shot at half time.

I remember standing there in the old outer thinking for the first time in my footy life, someone wants someone to win here.

Then Sheeds handballs over the man on mark to Mike Greene in the goal square, unattended, who kicks a goal. The umps couldn't do anything after that.

It will be interesting to see how the umps go this week. Watch closely.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyone thats done the ballot before, how does the process work? Do I have a short timeframe to buy the ticket? Have this awkward thing called work and wont have all day access to the net.
How many members do the giants have? I’d imagine you have a better chance than most other club members of getting tickets.

I said this in another thread but if Mumford plans on retiring at the end of the season I wonder if we will get the full Mumford as he seems like the sort who would tackle 300% harder when he knows even if he is suspended for 20 weeks it won’t matter.
I had a similar thought after the game.

McGovern played last year despite having internal bleeding around his kidney and two broken ribs. Whitfield will play, not sure how badly it will affect him though.
Oh I’m sure he’ll play, it’s a grand final. I imagine it will be Whitfield and Greene in. Doubt they play coniglio who hasn’t played since mid July.

Can I say hats off to the GWS players from a Collingwood supporter well played, but what is annoying is that GWS are an AFL team so really who cares they made it ,10'000 supporters or less really, So go Richmond for me, not even an interstate thing West Coast or Adelaide great but GWS(move them to tassie) who cares if they win
GWS have 175k fans according to a Roy Morgan survey from this year.

Back