Votes: 24 30.0%
  • West Coast < 30

Votes: 35 43.8%
  • West Coast by 30+

Votes: 10 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Are pies supporters really that sad they have to resort to this?

Snap poll DopeMaster on a scale of 1 to creating a troll account called Tiger72 how sad are you?
Very sad! (and perhaps a little drunk too)

Well done Sterge - I hereby stand before you for my naming and shaming.

Kudos - I thought the post was fairly life like, clearly an expert forgery ;)

Last edited:

Hopefully we get this match up again in September, was a great game.

Very contrasting styles, the game shifted a lot between quarters.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was the grand final tbh. A lot can change in a month of footy I guess, but these two teams currently looking a level above the rest.

Geelong and Pies outside chances if they can consistently recapture some form. Brissie hard to get a read on, never say never. Doggies look dangerous, but doubt they can win through 4 finals.

Was thinking about this

Easiest way to even up the travel

AND give vic teams the real home game advantage that seems very important to most of you:

Then i got to thinking - theres ten vic clubs and 8 interstate clubs.

Easy maths says if the vic clubs have to play the interstate clubs home and away every year thats 8 flights for them every year - 8 guaranteed hga games for them - then play the remaining nine games against each other alternating h and away yearly - brings the season to 25 games.

Boom - you guys travel 8 times a year vs us travelling 10 - you guys get 8 games with genuine hga per year vs us with 10

Thoughts?
#sackgilandstephen
#Kranky4AFLHouse

Actually seems pretty good to me. Bin the pre season crap. Have a one week bye in the middle instead of a rolling 3 week x 6 game shitfest.
More than doable. You'd have to be pretty stupid to not see this is heaps fairer for all than the current arrangement.

Tiggers fans have quickly returned to their arrogant best which is great.

Well done, you won by a kick in the wet and the Eagles played a shocker with Simo coaching with his hands in his pockets without playing any trick cards.

If we meet again I look forward to reading the salty tears from your mob on another wasted season. It will be epic. Martin will be tagged, the Eagles won't allow a spare in defense and hopefully it does rain not that that was the difference the Eagles style is more potent in dry conditions.

Don't get too cocky. Actually naah stay cocky.
Yes it was the same after our premiership. If Richmond supporters ever dare claim their team might be deserving winners and not the worst or luckiest winner of all time, we're arrogant.
I agree with you though. West Coast are the only team of the 2 that can possibly improve in any way. You're not being delusional or a very unsporting loser at all.

Nice melt
Here ya go - I’m not going to deny that this has been the nicest part of our fixture. But stop trying to say that because a section of our fixture has been to our advantage, we are getting some kind of overall advantage for the year. It’s like me pointing at GWS’s last game against GC and bemoaning the fact that they get such an easy last game, while we have to face top of the table Brisbane.
Prior to this run of games at the G, we player 15 games. 6 of these were at the MCG. 4 at Docklands. 5 interstate. We hosted 1 interstate opposition, at Docklands. Between R9 and 19, we received the following breaks between games
* 6 days
* 6 days
* 7 days
* 6 days
BYE
* 6 days
* 8 days
* 6 days
* 6 days
“Advantageous”

Now I will concede we get a slight advantage in playing the first game of the year, and this year finishing on a Sunday. That equates to a full 5 extra days or 0.25 days per round over Essendon, who cop the worst. I get it - huge advantage.

As for the grounds - well, see below. I’ll classify games into half and full home and away, and neutral
NEUTRAL: Carlton x 2, Collingwood x 2, Melbourne x 2, Essendon, Hawthorn
HALF HOME: Geelong
FULL HOME: Sydney, GWS, Port, West Coast, Brisbane
FULL AWAY: Port, GWS, Fremantle, Adelaide, Gold Coast
HALF AWAY: North, Bulldogs, St Kilda

For our non-Victorian friends let me explain a neutral venue, this seems to be the concept they struggle to grasp most. When neither you nor your opponent has an advantage over the other - it’s neutral. An example of this for Sydney would be a game against GWS at ANZ stadium. Half home and half away means neither side has to travel, but one team is playing on their home ground - a slight advantage, half is probably a bit too much to be fair but that’s much of a muchness. An example would be Sydney facing GWS at Giants Stadium, or the SCG.

Now that’s out of the way, it can be seen that we get 8 neutral games, 1 half home compared to 3 half away (you guessed it - our disadvantage), and 5 full homes to go with 5 full aways.
And before you go saying “Essendon and Carlton aren’t really completely neutral” - I recognise that, however I ask that you recognise the cats at the G are a little closer to neutral, and the swans at Etihad is closer to half home. It’s a rough guide.

Overall, we get about a bees dick of advantage out of breaks, and a bees dick of disadvantage out of venues.

Our last 7 weeks do play to our advantage. Our first 15 paid for that.

8 games at ANZ against GWS
2 games at SCG against GWS
2 games at GS against GWS
4 games against interstate opposition at SCG
1 game against interstate opposition at ANZ
5 games travelling

I did not say Richmond are getting an overall advantage in the year. You still don't get it, or are choosing to ignore the main point in your blind parochialism - Richmond are going into the finals in the most advantageous position of not just avoiding travel, but playing at the same ground (the premiership ground for that matter) and getting a full week's or more prep (in the final 5 rounds) leading into each game, for 7 weeks in a row in the most fatiguing an important part of the season. How does this get through the filter at AFL house? It shouldn't happen for any club at any time of the year, let alone in the 7 weeks preceding finals. Rather than crapping on about neutral venues and hypotheticals about Sydney, how about grasping that this advantage is HUGE leading into the finals series after a 6-month grind of footy and agreeing this should not happen at all for any team. It doesn't make it right or defensible because it involves your club.

I don't have it in for any club (well apart from North and Giants who I consider Sydney's true arch rivals), and I don't have it in for Richmond. I've even put money on Richmond because it's undeniable under these conditions that unless the Tigers spud it up completely, they should be 2019 premiers. They will be the most ideally prepared and recovered team over the last month of the season, going in September.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was the grand final tbh. A lot can change in a month of footy I guess, but these two teams currently looking a level above the rest.

Geelong and Pies outside chances if they can consistently recapture some form. Brissie hard to get a read on, never say never. Doggies look dangerous, but doubt they can win through 4 finals.

It would be awesome. That or a WC Brisbane granny. It would be nice for us to have a new GF opponent, we've already played 3 teams twice, we don't need another double up with Collingwood lol.

I can see where your line of thought is coming from but we can definatley improve from our performance on the weekend as well.

Oh I agree mate, I don't think either team ran near full potential. Just bursts here and there with Richmond doing enough to get themselves the points.

I think we're heading towards the most highly contested finals period in a very long time.

It would be awesome. That or a WC Brisbane granny. It would be nice for us to have a new GF opponent, we've already played 3 teams twice, we don't need another double up with Collingwood lol.
Would particularly love to see Brissie in the granny, think that’d be really entertaining.

WC again not so much ;) But you would deserve it if you got there again.

Would particularly love to see Brissie in the granny, think that’d be really entertaining.

WC again not so much ;) But you would deserve it if you got there again.

Yeah, I think they're the neutrals favourites. Always liked the Lions, I guess it's the old Vics vs the rest rivalry, though I do like the Dogs and North, and dislike Port and Sydney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did not say Richmond are getting an overall advantage in the year. You still don't get it, or are choosing to ignore the main point in your blind parochialism - Richmond are going into the finals in the most advantageous position of not just avoiding travel, but playing at the same ground (the premiership ground for that matter) and getting a full week's or more prep (in the final 5 rounds) leading into each game, for 7 weeks in a row in the most fatiguing an important part of the season. How does this get through the filter at AFL house? It shouldn't happen for any club at any time of the year, let alone in the 7 weeks preceding finals. Rather than crapping on about neutral venues and hypotheticals about Sydney, how about grasping that this advantage is HUGE leading into the finals series after a 6-month grind of footy and agreeing this should not happen at all for any team. It doesn't make it right or defensible because it involves your club.

I don't have it in for any club (well apart from North and Giants who I consider Sydney's true arch rivals), and I don't have it in for Richmond. I've even put money on Richmond because it's undeniable under these conditions that unless the Tigers spud it up completely, they should be 2019 premiers. They will be the most ideally prepared and recovered team over the last month of the season, going in September.
I cannot see how it slipped past the powers that be either, unless of course, it was planned that way? Surely AFL are not tinkering with planned results in our illustrious game. Bet 123 and all the other gaming institutions maybe. Surely not, i mean, who is calling the shots around here?

Thought before this game that West Coast had everyone covered and only a thrashing by Richmond was going to change my mind.

That didnt happen, so still WCE for me

BTW feel for Barrass, the kid made some blunders but watching the game he actually saved three or four goals himself which gets lost easily in the hype of wanting to highlight someone's failures. Held up Daniel Rioli who was away when the Tiges were surging in the 2nd quarter, that was equally big a moment

The best thing about it is it the saltiness it brings on the MB.

The melts are great entertainment.

Thought before this game that West Coast had everyone covered and only a thrashing by Richmond was going to change my mind.

That didnt happen, so still WCE for me

BTW feel for Barrass, the kid made some blunders but watching the game he actually saved three or four goals himself which gets lost easily in the hype of wanting to highlight someone's failures. Held up Daniel Rioli who was away when the Tiges were surging in the 2nd quarter, that was equally big a moment

Defensive errors are always more glaringly obvious than the defensive wins and 1%-ers

Interesting that you don't mind a rival club squaring the AFL premierships ledger with your own club.
Interesting point but just cant have any hate for brisbane. Cheered their 3 peat and will cheer them again if we arent in it.

Also think its incredibly important for our games future to become a truly national game - sydney, gws and brizzy winning flags is a part of that.

Interesting point but just cant have any hate for brisbane. Cheered their 3 peat and will cheer them again if we arent in it.

Also think its incredibly important for our games future to become a truly national game - sydney, gws and brizzy winning flags is a part of that.
You forgot Freo there Kranky.

Back