Preview Richmond VS Adelaide - Sunday, 30th April, AO, 4:10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling that Elton was a matter of circumstances around him.

He was really just holding down the position for a few weeks while Griffiths recovered, but Griff getting concussed again raises doubts about his return (both timing and if it'll happen at all), and I'm thinking the match committee looked at it and said to themselves "Do we want Elton in there long term?", and having decided not, they looked at the other options and decided to try an even smaller forward structure.

Personally, I'm not a fan, because I think we need another tall for structure and ruck/injury cover, but even if they do go with the smaller lineup, I would have brought in someone like Lennon as the second 'tall' up forward...He seems to like being more of a focal point/target in the 2s, so let him be that in the 1s and see how he goes.

I actually think our run and gun style is more suited to Morris as it was often his skills that let him down. He is fast, fit,courageous and does the team things. Fits all the boxes we are trying to tick this year

Based on the selections I can see us just going for broke all game and just attacking the corridor. We can't play down the line with no tall marking target.
You'd think at the very least we will shift Markov to half forward? Surely...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we just threw all of Adelaide's plans for this game out the window.

Hardwick to be hailed as the coach of the century come 7:00 pm on Sunday.

We still wont have beaten anyone.

I like these changes. The Coaching crew have been criticised for not being creative. Now they are, and they are being criticised again. We have to try something different against Adelaide and this it. Jack will play the roaming CHF and they will rotate the mids through full forward. Adelaide are a very quick side but their defence is tall. This will give them something to think about.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Most of the time the professionals make a call that seems odd to the public it's because they have inside information and a cunning plan that they're keeping close to their chest.

JK. It's usually because they fracked up.

Tex is most damaging when he comes up the ground. Now, with the abandance of smalls, he's going to be out of his depth up the ground. The transition will place him out of position if the plan works. They won't kick down the line contests. We don't ''match' up defenders with forwards anymore. We create a space for which they defend. I hear Eddie will be given absolutely no space and that Morris, Grimes, Vlas and Houli will lock him down from both his kicking sides and the space behind him and infront. They'll look to kill the contest at any opportunity.

I got it!
We all saw the love and sympathy Melb enjoyed last week when they were short on ruckmen & we wanted some of that sugar.
So we only pick poor Nank to do it all!

In all seriousness though- big risk flogging Nank to death.
Just today reported that Hammer is possibly out for the year and Griff is indefinite.

BIG gamble!

If the ballsy call works however and we jag the win it will be seen as genius.

Just because you've had an ACL doesn't make you immune to criticism nor deserving of a senior game.

He's a potato, the 'pathetic' thing here is that he's playing at AFL level this week. :thumbsdown:
Clearly the coaching staff think he is AFL ready. He will play on Betts and hopefully he gets the job done as it will go a long way to us winning the game.

Go Morris.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually think our run and gun style is more suited to Morris as it was often his skills that let him down. He is fast, fit,courageous and does the team things. Fits all the boxes we are trying to tick this year
I hope you're right

The Round 6 Richmond Team

B: Rance, Astbury, Grimes
HB: Conca, Houli, B. Ellis
C: McIntosh, Prestia, Cotchin
HF: Martin, Rioli, Castagna
F: Riewoldt, Lambert, Butler
R: Nankervis, Grigg, Caddy
IC: Short, Vlastuin, Markov, Morris
Em: Townsend, Menadue, Elton

In: Vlastuin, Morris
Out: Menadue (omitted), Elton (omitted)

Elton is still on the plane

I like the team, providing Morris plays well.

Grigg, Jack, can play backup ruck around the ground.
Nank can ruck in the centre and backline.

I would always prefer a good small/medium to an average tall.
The ball is on the ground most of the time anyway. Especially if it is wet.

We just need to not bomb into our forward line.
If we don't bomb it in. Adel may be 1 or 2 talls too many, and we will have too much pace.

Hope we line up like this
FB 17 Curtly Hampton 15 Kyle Hartigan 16 Luke Brown
FF 17 Daniel Rioli 8 Jack Riewoldt 1 Nick Vlastuin

HB 33 Brodie Smith 12 Daniel Talia 29 Rory Laird
HF 46 Jason Castagna 22 Josh Caddy 40 Dan Butler

C 14 David Mackay 2 Brad Crouch 21 Rory Atkins
C 33 Kamdyn McIntosh 9 Trent Cotchin 6 Shaun Grigg

HF 26 Richard Douglas 4 Josh Jenkins 23 Charlie Cameron
HB 14 Bachar Houli 18 Alex Rance 30 Reece Conca

FF 27 Tom Lynch 13 Taylor Walker 18 Eddie Betts
FB 2 Dylan Grimes 12 David Astbury 38 Steven Morris

R 24 Sam Jacobs 9 Rory Sloane 44 Matt Crouch
R 25 Toby Nankervis 4 Dustin Martin 3 Dion Prestia

INT 22 Andy Otten 8 Jake Kelly 6 Jake Lever 30 Wayne Milera
INT 15 Jayden Short 31 Oleg Markov 23 Kane Lambert 5 Brandon Ellis

Not sure what everyone is getting upset about. Nobody gives us a chance we're expected to lose so why not take the chance to try something slightly different. Perfect opportunity to experiment with a tweak of the game plan under match conditions and see how it stands up. As I said before I'm strapping myself in and looking forward to Sunday, I reckon it will be an interesting game to watch.

So in other words the coach is soft at selection and hands sympathy games to one of his favourite players because he worked hard? Wonderful. :drunk:
That's what you took out of that?

Wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back