VFL Richmond vs Coburg: Sunday 5th of June at Piranha Park from 11:40am

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't appreciate our VFL coach smirking throughout the whole interview when talking about our putrid VFL team. Is this guy serious or is he just thinking "what the f*** am I doing here? This club is a rabble".
The latter,poor bloke has his hands tied like Tiny Tim's were in trying to implement a hold onto possession game plan that DH wants.It sucks the most in heavy wet conditions when skill levels of individuals drop even further.Alistair Clarkson couldn't coach our VFL team with that ship game plan,
McCrae's hands are tied and he's not stupid ,but just embarrassed he has to make excuses every week for the team rather than pot the club.
Poor bugger looks so constipated and i'm not joking.
Couple of blokes with myself decided to go to the Tiger cuddle at 3/4 x and we left discussing the fact that no bloke could coach that side with the expectations DH wants from them as it's so unnatural.They were still talking about hanging possession on and having a look at best options and winning contested possessions and ra ra ra.
No point winning CP if you're going to hang onto it and go sideways.Only positive i got from it was when i heard a murmur Chol you will play up forward.
I 'm not sure if the players took it on themselves in the last to go more direct or if a message was sent out as there was a change around the 10 min mark or whether the young Burger's tired?
All up it was a pretty disappointing day as i hadn't seen our young developing team since the Punt rd game v Coburg last year and to me they looked terrible
in how they were being managed and directed to play.It is embarrassing when a Coburg supporter comes up to you and says ,'The RFC has always had poor development".I'm 100% certain every one of those kids (excluding A Moore) would improve in another club even at EDFL level.
I'm dead set serious at this bc since East Coburg has moved their games to City Oval I've watched a dozen or so first and seconds EDFL games and you can see how clubs have all adapted to the change to modern day football,whereas the RFC are still training/planning/playing for the race expecting the tortoise will beat the hare

Only thing I'm happy with is Bean bag playing ruck and Conca doing well and his leg not falling off. Should be developing Bean as a ruck as we have nothing in the wings and we recruited him as one. Hopefully he will grow a pair in the process and it's clear the coaches don't rate him as a forward anyway.

The latter,poor bloke has his hands tied like Tiny Tim's were in trying to implement a hold onto possession game plan that DH wants.It sucks the most in heavy wet conditions when skill levels of individuals drop even further.Alistair Clarkson couldn't coach our VFL team with that ship game plan,
McCrae's hands are tied and he's not stupid ,but just embarrassed he has to make excuses every week for the team rather than pot the club.
Couple of blokes with myself decided to go to the Tiger cuddle at 3/4 x and we left discussing the fact that no bloke could coach that side with the expectations DH wants from them as it's so unnatural.They were still talking about hanging possession on and having a look at best options and winning contested possessions and ra ra ra.
No point winning CP if you're going to hang onto it and go sideways.Only positive i got from it was when i heard a murmur Chol you will play up forward.
I 'm not sure if the players took it on themselves in the last to go more direct or if a message was sent out as there was a change around the 10 min mark or whether the young Burger's tired?
All up it was a pretty disappointing day as i hadn't seen our young developing team since the Punt rd game v Coburg last year and to me they looked terrible
in how they were being managed and directed to play.It is embarrassing when a Coburg supporter comes up to you and says ,'The RFC has always had poor development".I'm 100% certain every one of those kids (excluding A Moore) would improve in another club even at EDFL level.
I'm dead set serious at this bc since East Coburg has moved their games to City Oval I've watched a dozen or so first and seconds EDFL games and you can see how clubs have all adapted to the change to modern day football,whereas the RFC are still training/planning/playing for the race expecting the tortoise will beat the hare

Top post, man!

McBean can play the Griffiths ruck/forward role better than Griffiths IMO. Griff should be playing Ty's role as the deep FF
That set up is well worth trying, key to Griff and Bean succeeding is faster movement of the ball into the forward line.
Fast forwarding to next year really think we need a lead up forward so we'd have a 3 tall setup of Jack, either Bean or Griff, and a Tomlinson/Darling/Gunston type.

Spot on TI. McCrae has to coach to the instructions of the head coach, not his fault that it's a sh!t game plan.
Got shown up by good old fashioned, hard at it, one on one, style footy. While we are trying to play a possession game requiring elite disposal skills. Poor blokes got no chance.

Spot on TI. McCrae has to coach to the instructions of the head coach, not his fault that it's a sh!t game plan.
Got shown up by good old fashioned, hard at it, one on one, style footy. While we are trying to play a possession game requiring elite disposal skills. Poor blokes got no chance.
the real question is this: why in hell, giving the conditions, we're we trying to play a 'possession' game. why the hell weren't we playing wet weather footy? man on man and bang it long? At the end of the day, with all these fancy game plans and tactics, you still need to play to suit the conditions. Adaptability is paramount.

the real question is this: why in hell, giving the conditions, we're we trying to play a 'possession' game. why the hell weren't we playing wet weather footy? man on man and bang it long? At the end of the day, with all these fancy game plans and tactics, you still need to play to suit the conditions. Adaptability is paramount.

Good questions, have to wonder is there a plan B (in any conditions).

It's been fantastic getting your take on things in this thread from the position you're in. Thanks so much mate!! :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Did Marcon play ?, callum Moore ?

Pretty sure I noticed both but neither stood out to me just normal vfl standard players. Reece looked a cut above but still lacks composure for mine and like most of our players struggles when the defensive pressure is turned up. I thought mena due and McBean looked promising too but jeez McBean needs to get a bit hungrier.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back