News Richmond's Sydney Stack and Callum Coleman-Jones arrested after brawl outside strippers bar

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m intrigued as to why Tommy has reported the order of “2 lots of 2 kebabs”, rather than 4.

How many people was he ordering for?

Is it possible he was bullied into this by the Richmond hierarchy, who were gagging for kebabs but wouldn’t risk their own careers, so threw Stack under the bus instead?

The plot thickens.
Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 1.22.25 pm.png

You’re telling me the team laughing and joking around during a game aren’t taking things like the rules seriously? I’d be filthy if I was a Richmond fan this year. Total cultural problem.
lol move on dude, you lost a game, weren't playing finals anyway.

As for these two boys- see ya later

-Home to Melbourne
-Fines are coming out of your salaries
-You better be flying in pre-season next year or you are out the door

Absolute drongos.

dont get me wrong, i wasnt having a crack or being sarcastic etc.
I wasnt sure if it was a 'covid' breach with the afl or if it was just about the fact they got into a fight etc
Unfortunately both will compound their sentence, really immature and dumb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is obviously Eddie Maguire's fault that these players were out at that time of night.
He should stand down from his position and Buckley should be sacked.

Whoops, wrong club:oops:

Ok nothing to see here, play on:cool:
Must have been living under a rock. Richmond have copped their fair share in the media prior to this.

Lol the cover up is on.
3:20am at a Kebab shop, on an "authorised strip club trip".

Dr_UtZXUwAEjm7H.jpg

All seems to be mitigating the incident.

- "authorised" strip club trip
- no confirmation of initial reports they were "thrown out" of the strippers
- not drunk
- one player assaulted, other tries to break it up
- no police charges

Maybe not what it seemed at first report.
i could believe all of that in normal circumstances, but the afl authorising a trip to the strippers would be absurd.

Taking a step back, there is something odd about the Tiges this year. This is a team that had massive culture issues, then changed markedly from the board and the coach, down to the players and the way they interacted. They brought in players like Pickett and Stack - known players with background issues -, and both had phenomenal years last year. They've won 2 flags in 3 years, and become a powerhouse of the competition.

Flash forward to 2020, and something is just not quite right. Things that speak to a lack of discipline and respect for their fans and their club.

We were absolutely guilty of it last year, and let the Tim Kelly trade, home ground debate, and Hawkins punch on Schofield, derail our season. So much outside noise that obscured the real focus - winning games and competing to win the flag. This year, culturally, we have been different. Our coach took a full pay cut, we've had no on field or off field issues of substance, and it shows in the way we've played.

Richmond, however - Hardwick in particular - seems to be defending bad behaviour, and excusing brain fades on and off field. This is whilst cracking it at other coaches - Longmire - and walking out of press conferences. There just doesn't seem to be that 'togetherness' of previous seasons.

This is a list of things that have bothered me from Richmond in 2020:

- Cotchin and Riewoldt stating they may abandon season and not go into hub

- Hardwick's shot at Longmire for flooding the defensive 50 (something his wife scolded him for and he later apologised for)

- Brooke Cotchin's instagram post showing she ventured out to get a beauty treatment amidst the pandemic

- Lynch's 'fake out' punch trying to make Collin's flinch, whilst pushing his blood soaked face into Collin's. All the while smiling and acting cocky. An act that left Collins so furious after the game, he threw a roundhouse at a padded post inside

- Short and Vlastuin grabbing Chol by the crotch and ass - an action he really didn't like, and one the former two apologised for

- Grimes' over the top dive, that reversed a goal (the Vlastuin one was just adding a bit of mayo and nowhere near as serious)

- Vlastuin fake injecting himself, after the match (later said to be miming opening a bottle of wine - but that's still up for debate)

- Coleman Jones and Stack being arrested outside of a strip club, for an alleged physical altercation that resulted in sustained facial injuries to both players.

This isn't piling on Richmond, as the thing that's scared me the most in previous years, is how 'together' they seem on and off the field. One or two of the above, and it's not as big a deal. The amount of indiscretions/poor clubmanship exhibited this season, however, speaks to a lack of control over individual's actions, behaviour and responses.

Some have suggested Neil Balme's absence as a reason for the lack of discipline from coach and players. Is this the only reason? I personally have a gut feel that a lot of that group has tasted success so recently, that being paid 70% less has resulted in less drive and less 'care' from a lot of the group. I feel being away from home has played its part, but this is literally a full-time job that most are being paid very decent wages to do (all whilst over a million people have become unemployed).

Any thoughts from anyone else?
so at the end of that list you came to an actual player issue, well done! lol.

Send these two home now Brendan!!!! I'm furious.

I mean no matter how you look at this it is not a good look. The AFL will be rope-able given how much faith the QLD government has put in them to stick to their Covid protocols.

I'm expecting a pretty hefty penalty from this. Separate to the police incident, they have deliberately broken covid protocols.

According to one reporter, they even caught an uber.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back