Opinion Should BT/Darcy be barred from commentating the Grand Final after their recent biased commentary?

Should BT's recent biased commentary prevent him from calling the GF?

• Yes

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 10.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Fancy a Collingwood supporter thinking there’s no problem with BT’s commentary and footy supporters should have to suffer through it 🤔
what? I'm a pies supporter and think he's a massive knob and should be barred from commentating

Was going to say the same thing. Whately made it very clear early in his career that he supports Geelong. His punishment for actually being clear about this is that everything he says either in a call or on AFL 360 gets interpreted before he’s even said it, by the daft majority as ‘oh you is biased Geward and yu hav an ajenda.’

Reality is he along with Huddo are the most knowledgeable and impartial commentators in the entire code
He can be quite bad on 360 sometimes when it comes to anything Geelong related (a potential suspension, the league bending trading rules for them) but generally I quite like Gerard and his in game commentary is pretty great.

I must say I’m much happier since I started using the volume button on my remote. As soon as the commentators start annoying me I turn it right down and just watch the game. I can see what’s happening, I don’t need them to tell me. That way I don’t hear any of their bias or their inane comments.

I must say I’m much happier since I started using the volume button on my remote. As soon as the commentators start annoying me I turn it right down and just watch the game. I can see what’s happening, I don’t need them to tell me. That way I don’t hear any of their bias or their inane comments.
I cant believe people do this. Stick it out and whinge about it on Bigfooty is the correct option

If the AFL, MCC, Victorian Government, umpires, "national" football media want Collingwood to win, why not the commentators as well? Makes perfect sense in a competition that isn't too far off the WWE.
Show some compassion. We s**t the bed every time we try to win one ourselves so we need a little help

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the AFL, MCC, Victorian Government, umpires, "national" football media want Collingwood to win, why not the commentators as well? Makes perfect sense in a competition that isn't too far off the WWE.
I guess the U.S. election was rigged too?

Give it a rest, why would the AFL busy their balls making a national competition to then try and make Vic teams the only winners? Sick of these half-wit conspiracy theories.

I’m not bashing Collingwood supporters. Just pointing out that a singular supporter of the team BT actively barracks for doesn’t have a problem with his commentary.
I didn't say i liked BT. I just said the whining is bulldust. Ch 7 love the fact that he's controvesial. youre feeding the fire. And the suggestion that we can demand commentators from a private TV channel as if they were public property is bonkers.

I didn't say i liked BT. I just said the whining is bulldust. Ch 7 love the fact that he's controvesial. youre feeding the fire. And the suggestion that we can demand commentators from a private TV channel as if they were public property is bonkers.
I understand your position, I just think there’s a difference between controversial and one-sided. It’s not like Channel 7 are competing with the other channels for viewers either. You still get the Channel 7 coverage on Fox after all.

Back