News Richmond's Sydney Stack and Callum Coleman-Jones arrested after brawl outside strippers bar

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm pretty sure it's one of those shop-front police stations a few doors away. "Metres" is misleading.

EDIT:
My bad, it's the Surfers cop shop. But it is about three doors away.

Have you ever seen angry drunks. The kebabs shop owner said the guy is regular at starting fights around his shop. I'll take his word.

Weren't CCJ and Stack fined by the police though? Why would they get fined if they weren't "retaliating" so to speak.

Seriously how stupid are these 2?

After everything that has happened, they decide to go for a night out? Assuming they went to the strip club - or even a pub ... it puts the rest of their team in danger - do the team now have to isolate as these 2 morons have been outside the hub?

The AFL will punish them and send them home I have no doubt.

The fine being included in the soft cap is actually a big punishment for the club. That is 1 less person they can employ next year ... these 2 will have to face their team mates and colleagues and explain that their night out was worth more than someones job. More than the team's success next year. That they just didnt care enough about their team to bother staying home in their luxury resort ...

Actually the 'ejected from a strip club' came from the same reporting that they were fighting one another. What's come out is that video and testimony from the kebab shop owner of them having a feed and then being attacked. Right now there appears no evidence of them ever being in the strip club. Mayeb they were, but if I were you I'd wait a little.

If the police fined them for being attacked by a drunk then that's worrying. Two AFL footballers could have torn him apart, but just showed him on his way, then got 2 more kebabs.

If what it ends up is all that we genuinely know now, they possibly didn't even break any rules. Maybe team rules about being out at 3 AM. If there is more then we'll see. But the video is pretty clear.
The Kebab owner said they had been drinking.

Any info on what the fines were actually for?

Sydney Stack and Callum Coleman-Jones were arrested at 3:30am on Friday morning, in breach of the AFL's strict bio-security arrangements.

Queensland Police said two men, aged 20 and 21, were arrested after a "physical altercation" on Orchid Avenue in Surfers Paradise.

“Both players suffered facial injuries and were issued with penalty infringement notices for violent behaviour.”

Police said investigations were continuing into the matter.

Richmond said it "immediately reported the breach of protocols to the AFL", and is investigating the incident.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Weren't CCJ and Stack fined by the police though? Why would they get fined if they weren't "retaliating" so to speak.

That bit doesn't add up at all. Nor do the reports about facial injuries when the kebab man said Stack had nothing wrong with him.

I won't believe anything that's been published on this until the AFL or club releases a statement. The media hasn't covered itself in glory here.

Make no mistake, the QLD government are furious about this after copping it from the Feds all week and an example will be made. If not the AFL doing it to Richmond, than the QLD government doing it to the AFL.

Wouldn't be surprised. Isn't this the third or fourth Richmond incident?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Make no mistake, the QLD government are furious about this after copping it from the Feds all week and an example will be made. If not the AFL doing it to Richmond, then the QLD government doing it to the AFL.

I've no doubt the government is furious.
But they can't strip Richmond of premierships points.
It just ain't going to happen.

That bit doesn't add up at all. Nor do the reports about facial injuries when the kebab man said Stack had nothing wrong with him.

I won't believe anything that's been published on this until the AFL or club releases a statement. The media hasn't covered itself in glory here.

This is from QLD Police twitter:

They're allowed to get take away, so possibly just an uber. We'll see what comes out. It seems like they were just unlucky. But who knows?
Who here has ever gone out for Food at 3am? Does their hotel/resort they are staying at have room service too?

Some serious clutching at straws here.

Only two men had facial injuries - could have been Stack's friend and the other bloke

Seriously how stupid are these 2?

After everything that has happened, they decide to go for a night out? Assuming they went to the strip club - or even a pub ... it puts the rest of their team in danger - do the team now have to isolate as these 2 morons have been outside the hub?

The AFL will punish them and send them home I have no doubt.

The fine being included in the soft cap is actually a big punishment for the club. That is 1 less person they can employ next year ... these 2 will have to face their team mates and colleagues and explain that their night out was worth more than someones job. More than the team's success next year. That they just didnt care enough about their team to bother staying home in their luxury resort ...
I live on James street in Burleigh Heads. I see footy player here EVERY day roaming the street. They LOVE ice cream btw. Literally saw Harry McKay and two other Carlton players (I presume) 30 minutes ago outside Donut Time. The players are not locked away from us. Is that what you think?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back