Game Day Rising Star - Round 1 Nominations

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
The Rising Star Award has seen some great players recognised early.

I would like to know your thoughts on who is in the running this week. My choice and nomination is Riley Bonner * I lked Tom Doedees' game but didnt stand out like Bonner did

*games still to be played

Nic Holman, Tom Doedee played well but Riley Bonner for sure (if he is eligible). Bowes played magnificently but sadly 1 game over the cut off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Acknowledged as a weak draft the first year players like Dow, Brayshaw, Rayner and LDU have looked either overawed or underwhelming this weekend.

Only early but seems likely the winner will be a player with a season or two under his belt this year.

Acknowledged as a weak draft the first year players like Dow, Brayshaw, Rayner and LDU have looked either overawed or underwhelming this weekend.

Only early but seems likely the winner will be a player with a season or two under his belt this year.
Witherden is where I'd put my money, didn't even have a good game by his standards and still notched up 21 touches at 85% DE.

Lachie Fogarty is looking extremely good.

From the Cats, Zac Guthrie and Lachie Fogarty both had great games. Shame Tim Kelly isn't eligible, as a first year player he'd have to be right up there.

I wish the AFL would remove the age limit. Tim Kelly will likely have the most impact this year amongst the 2017 draftees.

Even if Zach Guthrie doesn’t get a nomination this round - surely he will over the season at some point. Has a good body of work now. Has only played 10 games - very hard to believe. Will play at 15+ games this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back