Preview RND 17 - Carlton v Geelong Sat Jul 10th 4.35PM @ MCG - Team Post #419

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m hoping for a good performance

I’m sick of the trend of our side winning 2 games in a row….feeling over confident and then not turning up to get the job done.

This could be a defining moment for the group.

Knock off a top 4 team and the belief will grow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m hoping for a good performance

I’m sick of the trend of our side winning 2 games in a row….feeling over confident and then not turning up to get the job done.

This could be a defining moment for the group.

Knock off a top 4 team and the belief will grow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wish we had Fish today.
And Chips. Good ole Chips.
Delerious.
Go Blues!

What’s the crowd capacity for this afternoons feast of football??

Notice a 4.35 start, so we’ll get a half of good footy out of Levi before the night blindness kicks in.

Baggers by 96, get on it.👍😎

ed: going the slow cook oven ribs, any tips welcomed.

40K numb3rs

Notice a 4.35 start, so we’ll get a half of good footy out of Levi before the night blindness kicks in.

Beef shorties? 110-120deg. Could take 6 hours. Take em to about 95, but your know they’re done when they probe with a thermometer or skewer and it feels like pushing into warm butter.

If you stall (temp stops rising) at about 70deg, can wrap in foil or butchers paper to get you through.

Avoid sugary marinades going on early, that sugar will burn. Dry rub salt pepper garlic before starting. Water sink in there with the meat. Brush/mop/spritz with beer, apple cider vinegar, beef broth/stock or some liquid every hour or two. Sauce at the end.

Rest for at least 30min after cooking, preferably an hour or even two. Foil/Bp wrapped should hold the heat, can sit it back in the oven at the lowest possible temp if you’re worried about it cooling.

Get a smoker
Weber 22” kettle will grill, smoke and do whatever you need. And you can probably get one for SFA, guaranteed someone you know has an unused one in a shed just sitting there…

Tip for the game - Blues by 15
Tip for the ribs depends on if pork or beef?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tip for the game - Blues by 15
Tip for the ribs depends on if pork or beef?

Rightio, doing beef ribs in the oven.

Made up a marinade - olive oil, lemon, mustard, & lemon pepper seasoning.

Gunna paint the bugger in that for an hour then into a 180 degree pre-heated oven.

Big question, foil or not??

H to kick 12, all bananas.😎

Last edited:
I really wish Setterfield was getting a VFL run this week - I just think he’ll prosper under our new midfield set-ups. As soon as he gets some confidence in his hands (or stops mixing up the grippo with butter) he’ll be a dangerous stoppage player - he’s already got the defensive positioning and in-close tackling sorted.

I almost hope he plays in the centre and we let Cripps rest his foot - we’ve got 6 more years of Cripps, one game off will do more good than harm.

Rightio, doing beef in the oven.

Made up a marinade - olive oil, lemon, mustard, & lemon pepper seasoning.

Gunna paint the bugger in that for an hour then into a 180 degree pre-heated oven.

Big question, foil or not??

H to kick 12, all bananas.😎
last half hour or so.

My recipe for Beef shortys:

preheat your oven to about 160

Chop carrot, onion, garlic, celery

Season the ribs with salt and pepper and sear them in a pot on each side for about 5-7 mins total depending on size.

Take the ribs out of the pot, put the onion and garlic in the same pot, cook about 2 mins, add the carrot and celery and continue cooking until soft.

Add some tomato paste, stir it in for another min or 2.

Add about 500ml red wine, 500ml beef broth, some thyme springs and some bay leaves

Return the beef to the pot and ensure all pieces are submerged.

Place in the oven for about 3 hours.

You can then strain the sauce but I like it chunky so I leave all the veggies in.

My recipe for Beef shortys:

preheat your oven to about 160

Chop carrot, onion, garlic, celery

Season the ribs with salt and pepper and sear them in a pot on each side for about 5-7 mins total depending on size.

Take the ribs out of the pot, put the onion and garlic in the same pot, cook about 2 mins, add the carrot and celery and continue cooking until soft.

Add some tomato paste, stir it in for another min or 2.

Add about 500ml red wine, 500ml beef broth, some thyme springs and some bay leaves

Return the beef to the pot and ensure all pieces are submerged.

Place in the oven for about 3 hours.

You can then strain the sauce but I like it chunky so I leave all the veggies in.

WTF is this - MasterChef :tearsofjoy:

I really wish Setterfield was getting a VFL run this week - I just think he’ll prosper under our new midfield set-ups. As soon as he gets some confidence in his hands (or stops mixing up the grippo with butter) he’ll be a dangerous stoppage player - he’s already got the defensive positioning and in-close tackling sorted.

I almost hope he plays in the centre and we let Cripps rest his foot - we’ve got 6 more years of Cripps, one game off will do more good than harm.

With Selwood out, this is too good a game and opportunity for us to rest Cripps imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back